Victoria (0ntheverge) wrote in _fcbarcelona_,
Victoria
0ntheverge
_fcbarcelona_

Pep wants Eto'o to leave. Deja vú anyone?

Most of the squad has returned from their vacations prior to jetting off to London tomorrow for the start of preseason. Along with today's routine medicals Pep gave a press conference.

Below are his thoughts on a number of players who came up during the onslaught of questions, Eto'o being the biggest topic of discussion.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Eto'o: "Without him we wouldn't have done what we did last year. There are no football or personal or behaviour issues here. It's just a feeling I have. I think there is a need for change. Maybe I'm wrong but it's my responsibility and decision."

"There are no personal issues and I'm not here to change his character."

"After winning what we've won and after five years, I think we need to change things which my experience as a footballer tells me we need to change."

Signing Ibrahimovic if Eto'o stays: "We're rich, but not that rich...It won't happen. You don't want too many players in key positions and both of them are starters."

Ibrahimovic: "He's still an Inter player."

Sylvinho: "To be sure he might be angry with me. When he played he was great; in the Champions League final we saw that when everyone, Ronaldo, Rooney and Park was on his side."

Maxwell: "He has been at the top for years. He's played at Ajax and Inter and he will bring us a lot."

Cáceres: "We might put him out on loan because next season maybe he won't have that much game time."

Henrique: "He's here to stay. He'll help us a lot. He's adapted well at Bayer Leverkusen and played a lot. I’ve heard good things about him and we'll see how he fits into the squad."

Keirrison (Palmeiras player): "He's very young and has very good stats. It's hard scoring. The club has decided to get him but in principle that’s to send him out on loan and he's not in my plans for this season."

Messi: "He wants to train and it's great for me that he's here.'

Puyol: "He'll renew. Carles isn't going anywhere. If he's thinking about moving, he can forget about it. He’ll play where he's told because he's great in all positions."

Márquez: "He'll renew. He's getting over his injury, he's come along and he's very enthusiastic."

Gudjohnsen: "I've spoken to him and for the moment he's staying."

Henry: "His role depends on him. If he's okay he'll play a lot. He's Henry."

Ribéry: "I reckon no way. He won't come, firstly because Bayern won't let him and secondly because his agent wants him to go elsewhere."

Villa: "I spoke to him."

source: fcb.cat
Tags: pep guardiola, press conference
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 5 comments