?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

El Clasico countdown: 3 days!

Quote of the day:

Q: Are you especially motivated to play against Real Madrid at Camp Nou?
Leo Messi: Well, it's a special match because it's Real Madrid. But, basically, it's just the usual: two teams, eleven players...

Video of the day:

Leo said that in an interview days before this game, the most exciting of the recent Clasicos:

+ The latest speculation as regards Real's make-shift backline is that it will be Metzelder-Ramos-Cannavaro-Salgado. That's right, Salgado to mark Messi (if Pep sees fit to put Leo on the right again).

+ On the Barca side, everybody's doing fine, except Aleks Hleb who has a fever and had to miss training.

+ The official website makes my life easier with a series of preview articles: one focusing on the influence of Dutch players on first Barca and now Real and on Juande Ramos' year in charge of Barca B.

+ Xavi spoke to the press and was properly very cautious about Barca's prospects.

And finally, just an early reminder: _fcbarcelona_ will be hosting a live reaction post on Saturday. The game's at 10PM local time. Please come and join us - it's better than freaking out by yourself! *g*

Comments

( 6 comments — Speak )
gaueko_izar
Dec. 11th, 2008 04:28 pm (UTC)
And according to some sources in Spain, Juande might not even play Casillas.

I'd be scared for their defense if it weren't so beneficial to us. I mean, they still have Ramos so something might get done, but we are talking about Ramos who fancies himself a striker, and he's NOT. So it'll definitely be interesting to see how Juande works with him, and the defense in general, because our attackers are going to get through those lines like water through a sieve. Especially Eto'o, who's out for blood. He'll find whatever way possible to get through there.

I'm so in the live reaction post. =D I refuse to miss it.
stickmarionette
Dec. 12th, 2008 10:35 am (UTC)
Surely that's just a smokescreen? At this point, that would be just as shocking as dropping Raul, right?

Sammy is always up for Real. And the Real defence hasn't really known how to deal with him or Leo when they're on form, even without the injuries. Ramos is a good coach, but he's been screwed by the number of missing players.

I have to work. ;_; Hopefully when I'm on lunch break and can see the result it will be a good one.
gaueko_izar
Dec. 12th, 2008 05:14 pm (UTC)
Honestly, I hope it is. As much as it might be good news for us to not have him there, I'd rather them have all their best players out, just so that it would be more "balanced" and it'll be the best against the best. I just can't imagine Iker sitting out the clásico.

Aw. :(
(Deleted comment)
stickmarionette
Dec. 12th, 2008 10:36 am (UTC)
I think he's alright, but apparently the Madridistas don't like the idea of him marking Messi if Marca's poll is any indication. *g*
becauseimevil
Dec. 12th, 2008 12:31 am (UTC)
*excitement*
I've been looking forward to this since last season's ended, even more than Juve-Inter.
*excitement*
stickmarionette
Dec. 12th, 2008 10:37 am (UTC)
Oh, I think the players feel the same. :D
( 6 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S