Lee (stickmarionette) wrote in _fcbarcelona_,
Lee
stickmarionette
_fcbarcelona_

pre-match news: Malaga v Barca

I apologise for my lax posting lately: it's exam time. Look for an increase in about a week's time.

+ An understrength Barca team beat third division Benidorm 0-1 with a strike from Bojan in their round of 32 first leg Copa del Rey game. The return leg is at the Camp Nou. Anyone want to guess how many people will turn up to that one? 3,000?

+ Bad injury new first: worryingly, Abidal has a knee problem that will rule him out for at least a week and might require surgery if it doesn't improve after that.

+ Good injury news: Guddy and Pedro both have medical clearance! They haven't been included in Pep's squad for Malaga, but look for at least Guddy to make a comeback against Basle midweek. Keita is running again as well, which is very encouraging.

+ Speaking of which, the squad:

Goalkeepers: Valdes, Pinto

Defenders: Marquez, Pique, Puyol, Caceres, Sylvinho

Midfielders: Xavi, Toure, Sergio B

Forwards: Henry, Bojan, Eto'o, Messi

*Swiss army knives: Iniesta, Hleb, Alves, Victor Sanchez

The new category there is for people who can play in a variety of positions across the pitch, leaving me unsure as to how I'm supposed to classify them.

+ Pep says we need to be careful. He's right - Malaga are a good side, only 4 places below Barca in the table, having just beaten Sevilla away [not many teams can do that] and on a 4-game winning streak. Any complacency will be punished.

+ He also says that Xavi is going nowhere, so feel free to continue laughing at the desperate attempts of publications such as Tuttosport to drum up rumours about half the Barca midfield.

+ Some news on the work of the FC Barcelona Foundation.
Tags: abidal, copa del rey, gudjohnsen, keita, match preview, pedro, pep guardiola, unicef, xavi the conductor
Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 1 comment