fiona (fiona_squid) wrote in _entourage,
fiona
fiona_squid
_entourage

TV Guide - Maya Schechter's blog

i'm such a bitch cause i'm always posting these blogs everywhere but i'm gonna continue doing it anyways. :D

July 9, 2006: Crash and Burn
First things first, congratulations to Jeremy Piven on his second Emmy nomination for his incredibly hilarious role as Ari Gold. I’m such a huge fan and am crossing my fingers for him to win. And not to be a greedy fan, but I am a bit disappointed the show didn’t get a best-comedy nod. (Don’t even get me started on the Lost, Zach Braff and Edie Falco snubs.) Maybe the Emmy voters got a little bored with last season’s overdose of Mandy Moore. But I think tonight’s episode was a perfect display of why Entourage is one of the funniest shows on television these days. It was probably the best one all season, now that I think about it.

It’s hard to remember which moment had me laughing harder — Ari telling this week’s celebrity cameo Penny Marshall that Max was “Dakota Fanning with [male private parts],” or Turtle falling flat on his face outside the very prestigious Spago while racing Drama. Or maybe it was Ari having his housekeeper spy on his daughter in exchange for “a big gift for Navidad.” And what about Drama comparing himself to Robert De Niro and George Clooney when he played a bulimic pedophile? It doesn’t get much funnier than that.

But besides the amusing moments, this episode explored the real and seldom-seen side to these characters, beyond the money and glamour. I mean, they’re still obnoxious as hell in buying four matching Aston Martins. But it was so exciting watching Turtle’s face light up when he started getting offers to sign Saigon, and Ari told him his life was about to change. And while Vince can be so unlikable at times, I actually admired him for finally standing up to what he wanted without having someone else do it for him. Kudos for him telling Paul Haggis he was the only man for the role. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it’s going to be that easy now that Warner Brothers said they can’t risk their billion-dollar franchise by having “Aquaman doing three hours of blow in every multiplex in the country.” Uh-oh....

i'm always so amused by drama's comments. ^.^
Tags: articles, blog
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 4 comments