verbsonice (verbsonice) wrote in _elitists,
verbsonice
verbsonice
_elitists

w00t

Hello, elitists. I was just wondering what foreign languages and literature you enjoy.

I do Sanskrit, will be starting Japanese and am trying to decide between Greek and Latin. I'm really into classical philology. I even did some Middle Egyptian Hieroglyphs. I've also been known to be quite literate in 1337 and bullshitting.

In terms of literature, I'm a huge fan of Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Love in the Time of Cholera has to be my favorite work of literature ever. I'm also a huge fan of Toni Morrison, who I simply find amazing. Some other assorted great that I've come across/want to read into more deeply are Yukio Mishima, Vladmir Nabokov (it's a shame that English was his second language and his use of it far surpasses many home-grown Americans I know. -_-), J.D. Salinger, Chinua Achebe and others. I really can't read as much as I used to because college keeps me busy. *sigh*

So yeah. I just want to get a taste of what elitists enjoy. This should be a fun place to hang out.

If you friend me, I'm sure you're worthy enough for me to friend you back. =)
Subscribe

• You're not a poet and you don't even know it.

I'm so sick of people showing me their 'poetry.' They get all bashful and assure me that it isn't very good and I start to get anxious about reading…

• (no subject)

For those who love Contemporary art... ... this is society of fans and visitors of Contemporary art museum - KIASMA, situated in the center of…

well, i'm a new member, and no-one's posted in this comm for ages, so i hope there're people still out there. um, i come from a whole group of…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 4 comments