?

No account? Create an account

05 July 2005 @ 02:57 pm

Sitting with my feet on the dashboard seems to piss him off so I do it at every possible opportunity. Right now he’s scowling at me as he pulls into the motel parking lot. Anyone’d think it was a flash sports car instead of a piece of crap old Ford truck. Seems to mean a lot to him though, he actually patted the steering wheel back there like it was a dog or something. I’m still tryin’ to figure him out – he’s not said much since getting me out of prison, not even telling me where we’re headed – just that it’s ‘away’.

If it wasn’t for Angel’s say-so I wouldn’t be here.

Or would I? I frown a little to myself, yeah I seriously don’t trust this guy, but there’s something more than meets the eye going on with him. So clearly not on the level, but he’s not trying to be. Kinda appeals to me, like I know where he’s coming from.

Hell, maybe I do.

He gets out and doesn’t quite slam the door, something’s eating at him but hell if I know what it is. I watch him walk over to the kiosk at the front of the shithole and talk to the desk clerk. After a minute or so he starts getting real agitated and I sit up straight, trip’s been pretty dull so far, little bit of excitement’s just what I need right now.

Eventually he grabs something and storms back to the truck with a face like thunder. He grabs his holdall from the back and stalks off without a word.

I raise an eyebrow, okay…. Kinda thought from the ‘discussion’ that we’d be clearing outta here now, apparently not though. I watch as he unlocks one of the doors – room 9 – and turns to look at me from the doorway. Waiting for me.

I take my time walking over to him, letting him know that I might be along for the ride but I’m definitely not planning on being his beck-and-call-girl. As I walk through the open door I look around, not the worst place I’ve ever spent the night, but it’s definitely in the top five. I take the key from his hand and even though I figure that’s what he got so upset about I ask, “So where’s your room then?”

lost_lawyer on July 5th, 2005 02:03 pm (UTC)
She sashays over like she hasn't got a care in the world, hell maybe she doesn't - after all, she's free as a bird right now thanks to the last piece of pull I had with the State penitentiary. Kinda amazes me that she agreed to come with me, whatever Angel said to her must've worked. Guess I owe him.

I can see from the little sparkle in her eyes that she knows full well there's no other rooms, that this dive is the only place with a vacancy for 100 miles in all directions. It's either this or sleeping in the truck, and I've had enough of that for right now.

I don't answer her straight away, instead I throw my holdall onto the only bed in the room and try not to notice the dust clouds it raises. My jacket follows it as I move past her.

"You better not snore." I say as I head through to the tiny washroom.
faith_misplaced on July 5th, 2005 02:21 pm (UTC)
I grin as he tosses the comment back to me, at least he's not going to try to pull the whole 'mix-up at the desk' thing. He looks as pissed off to be sharing the room as I should be. Truth is though, I've gotten used to having someone else in the room when I'm sleeping. Not for sex, although it has been a while, nah, just the sound of someone else's breathing, knowing they're there. I kinda miss that.

The last couple of nights, when we've stopped, he made this whole big deal of making sure I wasn't thinking he was looking for an easy lay and got me my own room. I couldn't sleep.

I don't know if he noticed or not.

"Just FYI, I don't sleep on the floor." I call out as I toss my own jacket on top of his.
lost_lawyer on July 5th, 2005 02:29 pm (UTC)
It takes a couple of attempts to get the shower running and by the time I do she's apparently settled herself in to watch some old sitcom in black and white. She's kicked off her boots and is sitting up against the headboard as I look round the bathroom door.

"There's a general store just down the street apparently, if you need anything."
faith_misplaced on July 5th, 2005 02:51 pm (UTC)
I look up as he leans into the room, hell it's just like domesticated bliss.

"Nah, I'm cool." Lucy's got some hair-brained scheme going, never did get why she stuck around with Ricky though, guy treats her like shit and talks down to her all the freaking time but she puts up with it. Guy must be great in bed's all I can think.

Lawyer-boy's kinda fidgeting like he wants me to clear out for a while. Probably wants to whack off in private or something. I sigh melodramatically and swing my feet back onto the ground. As I'm zipping up my boots I look up and ask, "Want me to pick you up somethin'?"
lost_lawyer on July 5th, 2005 03:24 pm (UTC)
She's giving me that sly little look like she thinks she knows why I want her out of the way. Truth is though, she's got it wrong. I trust her to watch my back in a fight, I don't trust her when I'm in the shower with an unlocked and, as I just discovered, unlockable bathroom door.

"Beer'd be good." I reply, in fact beer'd be more than good right now. "just make sure it's cold."

She nods and lifts my jacket, going through the pockets.

"Hey." She looks up and I hold up my wallet. "This what you're lookin' for?" She just grins and damn if it isn't catching. I toss the wallet to her and say "Just make sure you get change" as I close the door.