?

No account? Create an account

18 April 2008 @ 12:32 pm
time after time  
The light dims finally and we're still standing here, and I'm not grabbing hold of his arm at all. Honest.

I look around, trying to see that kid I spotted before the whole supernatural special effects kick in, but there's no one. At all. The good ol' boys are long gone and the whole diner looks like no one's been ordering the breakfast special for half a century.

I turn back to Lindsey, "Think we can file that under 'weird shit' then?"

lost_lawyer on April 18th, 2008 11:34 am (UTC)
I can't hold back the laugh, it's probably nerves or something, but weird shit definitely covers it.

Or would, if it wasn't the same as every other day of my life lately. I don't see the kid, but the whole place seems to have snapped back into what passes for normality – we're in the middle of a diner that's been abandoned for years from the looks of it.

"Do you see him?"
faith_misplaced on April 18th, 2008 11:35 am (UTC)
"Who? The kid? No." He's twisting round and looks almost like he's about to lose the last little strand of sanity.

"C'mon, time to go before act two starts."
lost_lawyer on April 18th, 2008 11:38 am (UTC)
She tries to pull me towards the door, but there's something here. Something important. I stop, knowing full well that if she decided to she could get me out of there without breaking a sweay, but I'm banking on the newness - and the strangeness - of our situation to give me a little leeway here.

I head towards the back of the counter, where I'd spotted the kid before the light show started, but can't see anything there. Just as I'm about to give up and chalk it all up to experience, I see a flicker of movement.

I turn to signal to Faith but she's not there.
faith_misplaced on April 18th, 2008 11:40 am (UTC)
Lindsey heads on over to the counter like he's going to pick up a menu or something, and I'm torn between leaving him behind and throwing him over my shoulder to get us both the hell out of this place.

It's giving me the creeps.

And I figure something that can give a Slayer the creeps? Definitely not of the good.

And then I see something, Lindsey doesn't seem to spot it at first so I duck down and glide over from the opposite direction. I'm almost on it when I see Lawyer-Boy's eyes widen as he spots it.

I spring forward, grabbing hold just as the blinding light flares again.