?

No account? Create an account

18 September 2007 @ 09:10 am

I don't get him. I mean, folks think I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a whatever-the-hell-it-is, but compared to him? I'm a freaking open book.

Maybe I shouldn't have screwed with his head like that back in the truck, he definitely didn't react how I thought he would. In fact, he's nothing at all like I thought he'd be. Maybe it's the old jeans and button-down 'stead of the fancy suit, or maybe it's just 'cause he's not one of them anymore. Not in my head anyway.

He's different.

And right now, he's majorly freaked.

Okay, so time travel's new. If that's what this is – and since the good ol' boys at the counter all seem damn sure it's 1947 I'm gonna have to go with a yes on that one. But I've seen weirder shit than this, and hell, I'd be more than shocked if he hasn't.

I put my hand on his arm to steady him, just in case he decides to bolt or something, and out of the corner of my eye I see a kid watching from behind the counter. He doesn't look right, he doesn't look like he belongs.

lost_lawyer on September 18th, 2007 12:08 pm (UTC)
How can she be so calm about this? It's like she doesn't get how serious this is - we must have gone through some kind of time slip or portal or something. Portals.

I shudder a little at the thought, those damn things cause nothing but trouble.

I throw the newspaper back onto the counter, ignoring the looks I'm... no, we're getting from the regulars, and as I do I see a kid watching us. There's something odd about him, he looks... I don't know. It's like he looks more solid than anything around him.

He must be behind this whole thing then.

I go to take a step closer when Faith puts her hand on my arm. As I turn to see what she's doing a blinding light flares and it's like I'm floating in nothing.

All I know is that she's still touching my arm.