Im a human being, and Im entitled to my emotions. (calcifer13) wrote in _discussion,
Im a human being, and Im entitled to my emotions.
calcifer13
_discussion

10th anniversary of 9/11

Sorry if I was not at the position to write something about 9/11.  I am Japanese but  I just had a discussion with people in my English-study group, so just for my reminder I would like to put the content as follows.  I would very much like to learn more about the situation in the U.S. these days, so please let me know more about 9/11.  Thanks. 

First of all, I would like to offer my deepest condolence on the loss of your friends on this 9/11 a decade ago.  

9/11 gave a huge impact on U.S. citizens and the rest of the world.

19 terrorists hijacked passenger jets.  The hijackers intentionally crashed two planes into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center while another hijackers crashed a third plane into the Pentagon.  When passengers attempted to take control of the fourth plane, United Airlines Flight 93, crashed into a field, preventing it from reaching its intended target in Washington, D.C. Overall, Nearly 3,000 died in the attacks.

What was the cause of 9/11?
Anti-American sentiment by terrorist group, Al-Qaeda, caused the attack.   Osama bin Laden's declaration of a holy war against the United States.

What is Al-Qaeda?
After the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Bin Laden was helming a unit of Arab Afghans. He began to explore the idea of forming a permanent mujahedin group to fight in global jihad. Al-Qaeda was born.  1989 Bin Laden returned home to Saudi Arabia as a hero.  1990 Iraq invaded Kuwait, and the Saudi monarchy’s acceptance of American troops on Saudi soil infuriated bin Laden. He left Saudi Arabia in 1991 and settled in Sudan.  

The 43rd U.S. president, George W.Bush declared war on terrorism.  Immediately after 9/11 there was an atmosphere that all of Muslim people were the foe of the Americans.  But after having some hate crimes towards the Arabian ppl in US,  they slowly understood they should distinguish moderate Muslim from fanatic fundamentalists. 

There is a rumour of  conspiracy theory for 9/11. But it's just a rumor...  After sometimes, there was another terrorism done by lettters.  (dies of pulmonary anthrax after inhaling spores from a letter mailed from somebody).  The culprit of delivering anthrax was arrested later.  

The U.S. troops launched the Afghanistan and toppled the Taliban government.  CIA reported the existence of WMD to the president Bush.

President Bush decided to send his army to Iraq.  He proclaimed ,"Mission was accomplished."  After that, Iraqi situation has become quagmire.  Not only U.S. soldiers but also Iraqi citizens had died in large number, which we should say a big mistake.  

The Aviation and Transportation Security Act made the federal government responsible for airport security. The law created a federal security force to inspect passengers and luggage, causing long delays and concern over passenger privacy. 

So do in another countries.

May 1, 2011 Bin Laden was killed.
August 29, 2011 Al Qaeda’s No.2 Atiyah Abd al-Rahman was killed by U.S. drone attack.
In Tunisia, Egypt and Libiya, they had achieved to oust dictators and get democracy by people power. It is called Arab spring.

Has the power of Al-Qaeda become weaker or not?  It is a controversial issue.  Please let me know more about 9/11 thanks. 

Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 0 comments