So tonight my students had their midterm practical exam. I get to sit there and twiddly my thumbs for 4 hours while they sweat, cry, swear, fidget and go nuts. I decided to try and do a possible project test for an idea I've been discussing in my head and with friends for the last two months. I want to do a series, maybe 12-14 different people, and turn them into light and dark angels. So take teh shots, all of them, and then composite these people with props and more into some dramatic angel type image.
SO for a test, to show my students I actually know, *sort of*, what I'm doing, I downloaded four images to make a fairy out of. These were all downloaded from photos.com a stock photography house.
See the images here: The Four Downloads Original as they were
So I then took these photos and started manipulating them. A big part being to actually color in and paint the skin tones on the black and white photo of the girl because she had nothing, no color at all. After that it was a matter of stacking, compositing, cutting, trimming and then painting lots of shadows and hilights for effect.
This is a large 1000 pixel wide image, but check it out if you want to here. CHECK OUT THE END OF THE TIME TRIAL HERE
This entire thing took about 1 hour and 15 minutes of production and another hour to find the images I wanted to play with. I was very happy considering the time frame I did it in. Now imagine if I took all the shots, with the final concept in mind. ;o)
As always, comments welcomed!