...to Diagon Alley, a Marauder Era RPG. The marauders are in their 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You have just stepped into one of the wizarding world's darkest periods as Voldemort begins his first reign. However, it'll take a lot more than that to stop those at Hogwarts, the marauders in particular, from going with their lives.
Role-playing is done here in this community journal and it must be in first person. Role-playing at your personal journal isn't mandatory but it's highly recommended. ;)
Please read the rules before applying to join. By joining, we're assuming that you agree to abide by the rules.
1) In order for this journal to be active, we're requesting that you post a minimum of one entry per week, which isn't much. Please don't join, if you know that you can't reach the requirements. And if somehow, you join and are unable to reach the minimal post requirement, please contact a mod.
2) Please act in-character. You may change characters slightly and due to time but please do not exaggerate changes and events that are irrevevant.
3) Keep fights in-character. If you're having problems with another player, please come to a mod.
4) If you're going to introduce an animal/creature or magical object (things like time turners, maps, potions, vampires, unforgivable curses, etc.) into your post, please inform a moderator first so that we can approve. Somethings can drastically change the direction of the game, so please don't just post it. Things like minor spells and common creatures don't need to be reported. If you're unsure what needs to be informed of, don't hesitate to ask.
5) Posting out-of-character must go behind cuts. If your whole post is OOC, put in the ooc journal, diagonalleyooc.
6) No meta gaming. Just because you knows something, doesn't automatically allow the character to know it.
7) All posts will be in 1st person perspective. You are your character so please post like it's that way!
8) No promotions to other communities. This community is strictly for Role Playing.
9) Be nice to other players. It's just a game!
Any form of relationship is fine, including slash. You know how things went, so keep things canon. (Lily will eventually get with James; Narcissa with Lucius) However, if your character is not mentioned in canon as being with anyone, you're free to get into whatever relationship you please. Remember to make sure that it's okay with the person playing that other character. If they refuse, then there's really nothing you can do about it.
Who can join?
Diagon Alley is for people who are serious about role playing. Meaning, you'll post regularly and be an active part of the RPG.
Each person is limited to *one* canon character and Original Characters are NOT allowed unless you already hold a canon character position.
How to join...
First, check to see if the character you want is still available. If they are, send an email to email@example.com with "Diagon Alley RPG" as the subject. Please include the following in your application:
Character Name: LJ username (the one you'll be RPing with): Age (yours): Brief description (original characters only): ** Also, if you have any plot ideas or pairings for your character that you would like to tell me about, do so in the application.
Once you've sent the application (or posted it), click on the 'join' link at the top of this page and you'll hear back from us in a day or two.
If you don't follow the rules in anyway (not posting, posting OOC, etc) the mods have the right to replace you with someone else in the RPG. This is non-negotiatable.
These are the characters that are taken as of now. If it's not on the list, then it's open for all to apply for.
This list was very tentatively made. That means some of the people I placed as being 'out of school' may still be in school and vice versa. Tell me in your application if you would like to make a change.
Also, feel free to ask for any character that's not on the list. OCs are NOT allowed unless you already have a canon character.