Tekken Community

[ website | animecentral.net ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

phone-tekken [Dec. 8th, 2008|09:21 am]
Tekken Community

_deviljin_

[satrugha]
so we just launched tekken 2 for verizon cell phones. it's pretty much tekken 2 arcade for the phone. i hear it runs pretty well. (i work namco pc so i haven't quite gotten to play it yet. that and my phone is a piece of junk.) i haven't heard of any plans for tekken 3 yet.

http://www.namcogames.com/mobile/tekken-2_5730.html
linkReply

Comments:
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]From: satrugha
2008-12-09 08:45 pm (UTC)
haha. i definitely agree. but that they can do something like that on a phone is pretty amazing.

i rather like the 360 controller. i can't break them as fast as i did a ps2 when i did tourneys with tekken and sc.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
(Deleted comment)
2008-12-10 04:43 am (UTC)
that i'm not sure. i have no idea how to play it unless it turns out there's some sort of handheld extension or something weird like that.

and the only way i see them getting those 3d games on the phone is some really good compression algorithms.
[User Picture]From: lesserbeing
2008-12-11 04:44 am (UTC)
Experience tells me it won't work. I tried KOF on the mobile - the movesets were heavily simplified and gameplay clunky.
(Reply) (Thread)
2008-12-11 04:56 am (UTC)
it's possible for the simplification but it looks pretty nice
what carrier was KOF mobile? verizon? sprint? etc?
[User Picture]From: lesserbeing
2008-12-11 08:52 am (UTC)
I agree nothing wrong with simplification but the game in question often reverted to turn based and button mashing systems. XD

Ah the carrier was Vodafone.
2008-12-11 05:32 pm (UTC)
XD

not quite familiar with that carrier, but since it partners with verizon, it may run on the faster language.