This is a moderated community as of June 2004 due to a bunch of drama that went down, which means all entries will go through me before being posted for everyone in the community to read. I will approve all entries that follow the rules. If you have a problem with this being a moderated community, don't join.
THE RULESAs of 08/20/05 Below you'll find the rules broken up into catagories so that it's easier for everyone to read and comprehend. They aren't that hard. Please follow them and make it easy on everybody.
ENTRIES - As of 10/27/04, I won't approve an entry that repeats what another entry has said. I won't approve an entry that states a username change. I won't approve an entry that is obnoxious and makes no sense. I won't approve an entry with too many spelling/grammar errors.
- No vulgar language. This mean, no cursing. While I personally don't mind, and I'm sure the majority of the members don't mind, this is an all-ages community, therefore that means there are people under the age of 18 and we need to keep it on a PG level so that Livejournal doesn't come after us.
- No "three strikes you're out" rule. Two strikes. I don't like warning people and mothering people, so if you do something I don't like once, I tell you about it. Twice, I ban you.
- DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, make a post that's only dedicated to telling members how hot you think Johnny is, or how much you want him, or how much you think he should leave his girlfriend and come find you and marry you. We don't care. We know he's sexy, you don't need to tell us. If you're here, chances are that, aside from you liking his acting, you think he's easy on the eyes. No need to make a post about it. It's very annoying and won't get you nice comments from other people.
PICTURES, MEMES, QUIZZES, ICONS - If you have a quiz or a meme, put them behind a cut! Some people find them to be very annoying and we don't need drama in this community. If you do not know how to use the handy LJ cut, please take the time to read the FAQ. Look, I've even taken the time to find the link for you - http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=75
- If you're wishing to post icons, pictures, colorbars, friends only banners, ANY graphic you've made, you must use an LJ cut (see above for link) if you have multiples. Meaning, if your pictures are huge, LJ cut. If you have 50 icons to post, no more than a couple are allowed outside of the cut. Basically, use common sense when posting graphics. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PEOPLE NOT CREDITING YOU FOR YOUR WORK. If you want credit, make sure you state that.
- NO DIRECT LINKING! This is not only wrong, but it's stealing bandwidth from another's site. Find a picture hosting site such as photobucket.com and start up an account. It's free and you won't have to deal with broken links. I don't check for direct linking, so this is basically something I leave up to you not to do. It's also good for the community not to direct link so that there won't be a bunch of red X's when members go to look at pictures you've posted.
ADVERTISING ANOTHER COMMUNITY - If you want to advertise a community in here, you MUST ask permission first. Email me (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Johnny Depp LJ community' or something like that as the subject line or else it might get deleted) and ask. Wanna advertise without asking permission? Take it to community_promo. EDIT on 10/27/04: Lately, I've noticed that people are being sneaky and promoting their community by making a post about something else and saying things like "the full article is here" and linking to their community. I've let them slip by, but not anymore. YOU MUST ASK PERMISSION. This is not a hard concept. Too lazy to ask? Don't bother posting, because I'll just reject it. EDIT on 03/03/05: I DO NOT APPROVE RATING COMMUNITIES OF ANY KIND, even if you ask permission. They're dumb and senseless.
THE MOD My name is Jennifer, I've been a fan of Johnny's since I saw Edward Scissorhands when it came out. I am not fanatical, but I think he deserves a great community, and this is a great little community we've got here. If you wish to contact me, you can do so one of two ways: - Comment on any post I make in this community. I'll warn you though, I don't post often. - Email me, which is the best way to contact me, and make sure you put something about this community in the subject line so I don't delete it. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.