We definitley need some!
Here is some icons i've done over the past month; This is my first time ever doing Degrassi icons.
 jay and manny
the rest over here @ ashley_massacre
(you must add me as a friend in order to view icons)
(under fake cut...)
 Rapunzel Unbraided
 Degrassi: The Next Generation
 Little Mermaid
Rest can be found HERE.
Here are some more questions for you awesome Degrassi fans to help me out with. Again, you can leave your responses here (picking & choosing which questions to answer, if you want) or email them to rachael.maddux @ gmail.com.
If you want more info on my project, you can check out my Livejournal: going_there
Do you think your interest in Degrassi would be as great if there were no Degrassi-related websites, messageboards, etc., to visit?
What do you understand the word “fandom” to mean?
What do you think about episode spoilers?
Do you actively seek out episode spoilers online?
Where do you go for episode spoilers?
If you don’t actively look for them, will you read them if you happen to come across them in a post on a community, messageboard or website?
If you read spoilers, why?
If you don’t read spoilers, why?
How does this community regulate the posting of spoilers?
What do you think about Degrassi videos being taken off of YouTube by Viacom because of copyright infringement?
Did you have any videos removed? Did you know anyone who had videos removed? What was your reaction and/or theirs?
Do you think this will stop fans from posting Degrassi videos in the future?
What do you think about Degrassi fanfiction?
What are some of the most popular fanfiction websites or communities?
What are some of the most popular stories, and who are some of the most popular authors?
Besides those, what are some of your favorites?
What makes you want to read a particular fanfiction? What makes your favorites your favorites? The style in which it’s written, the characters used, the storyline?
Have you written any fanfiction yourself? If so, what inspires you?
Do you think fanfiction has a reputation for being “weird”?
I am currently researching for my undergraduate thesis, which I'm writing on Degrassi's online fan community. It would be awesome if you could help me out by taking this survey! It's the first in a series of surveys that I am going to be posting all around the online world of Degrassi fans. You can go ahead and fill out the whole survey if you want to; just check out my journal.
You can reply in a comment here or email me your answers: rachael.maddux[at]gmail.com, replacing [at] with @.
1. Name (real name, assumed name, screen name, etc. – your preference):
4. Level of education:
About You… and Degrassi
1. How long have you watched Degrassi?
2. How did you first become familiar with Degrassi?
3. Have you watched any of the older Degrassi series (Degrassi Junior High, etc.)?
4. How frequently do you watch Degrassi?
5. How do you watch Degrassi -- television (specify channel), downloaded episodes, DVD, etc?
6. Do you watch Degrassi alone or with others? If with others, who do you usually watch it with?
7. Would you call yourself a “fan” of Degrassi? If so, how long have you considered yourself a “fan”?
8. Assuming you would call yourself a “fan,” do you consider yourself to be part of any larger “fan” group or community? Why or why not?