name (idyllic) wrote in _deck_as_ef_,
name
idyllic
_deck_as_ef_

name: Rana
://have you ever kissed someone of the same gender and often bring it up in casual conversation? I don't even kiss anyone of the opposite gender. Celibacy is deck.
://do you spend most of your leisure time in bars and restaurants with monosyllabicnames like Plant, Bound, and Shine? I spend a great deal of my time in a teahouse called Jade.
://does your hair look best unwashed and do you position you hair in such a way as to properly maximize your cowlicks? Nah, my hair is thin and not washing it just makes it break or fall out.
://throw vegetarian dinner parties? Not really dinner parties. I usually ring my mates and serve up various finger foods or bake cookies or something of that nature.
://explain how your taste is "refined" and how you might be considered "exceptionally cultured": I go to art school. I live in New York City. I don't really have a choice. What else? I have a collection of foreign films that is probably bigger than yours, I am an art history major, and I'm interning for one of my professors who is doing an anti-war gallery installation in Williamsburg. Whoa. That was so hip it's sick. Oh yeah, I'm Asian too. In fact, I'm three different kinds of Asian. And if you haven't noticed already, I am quite pretentious.
://what is your guilty secret? I blowdry my hair.
://have you at one time or another worn elvis costello style glasses? (ps. if you don't know who elvis costello is. die!) I'm wearing them right now, although normally I sell out to contacts as to maximize the effect of my big brown eyes.
://do you own a messenger bag? Of course.
://hairspray - yes or no? why? If I put it up, it helps smooth down the fuzzies. Normally I sport the Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction do.
://have you ever even read the hipster handbook? Bits and pieces.
://pro or anti-SUV? I think SUVs were created specifically for me to hate so I can bring up how much I hate SUVs in everyday conversation.
://name one brilliant author: A tossup between Kobo Abe and Albert Camus.
://name one musician you admire and tell why: Ace of Base for nostalgic reasons. And "Beautiful Life" was a great fucking song.
://name a good movie: The Bride Wore Black.
://when it comes to late night who lights your fire? I don't generally enjoy the tele.
://who is your hipster crush? Audrey Tautou. She's cute enough to turn a straight girl gay. Before she made me gay, I think Jake Gyllenhaal or the Naked Chef.
://deckest pick-up line? At art school we often say "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." We're usually talking about slides though, so I don't know. It seems relatively applicable though.
://when you turn on the tele what do you see? A scrambled channel. I don't get cable here.
FINALLY
://why do you think you're deck, why should we say yes? Because I knew all about this crap before the fucking Hipster Handbook was ever written.

</-lj-cut> Dude, I never realized how deck I was until I filled this thing out.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments