IBJr. (virus_x) wrote in _daredevil_,
IBJr.
virus_x
_daredevil_

• Music:

I'M HAPPY AS A PIG IN CRAP!

Ok.

As comics readers know, Marvel has the Marvel Universe series. It details characters, their backgrounds, powers, abilities, etc. Internet types know what Wikipedia is, too.

Marvel has now adopted a wiki format on it's website, and this allows the readers to contribute to and expand characters, far more than the Marvel Universe books can, and far faster.

So, one of my targets was Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

This is what they said about Daredevil, at first:

DAREDEVIL

Universe Marvel Universe
Real name Matthew Michael Murdock
Identity Revealed in a tabloid newspaper, but denied by Murdock
Occupation Lawyer
Citizenship U.S.A.
Place of Birth New York City
Group Affiliation (Formerly) Defenders, "Marvel Knights"

Education Columbia University
Known Aliases
Micheal Murdock
Known Relatives
Jonathan "Battling Jack" Murdock (father, deceased), Grace Murdock (mother, deceased)

Height 6'0"
Weight 200 lbs.
Eyes Blue
Hair Red

Abilities
Daredevil is an Olympic-level athlete and gymnast with phenomenal speed, endurance, and reflexes, and an accomplished acrobat and fighter. Matt Murdock, though blind, is a highly skilled attorney at law.
Weapons
Daredevil carries a Billy Club, disguised as a cane in civilian garb.
Paraphernalia

Powers
Daredevil's senses of touch, smell, hearing, and taste are enhanced to superhuman levels. In addition, he has the ability to sense the proximity and arrangement of objects around himself, allowing him to synthesize a very close analogue of three-dimensional human sight. Daredevil's superhuman senses render him extraordinarily vulnerable to excessive sound, odors, etc., which can incapacitate him.

Purile.

Weak.

Pittling.

Trifling.

Imagine my surprise when I found that they decided to go ahead and publish my changes. This is the "new, improved" Daredevil:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Daredevil

I am so floored, I don't know what to do. Daredevil is one of my favorite superheroes, and I have gotten the chance to sustantially, dramatically change the interpretation of him, due to Marvel's acceptance of my views and writing style. This is truly a good Sunday, indeed.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments