Golden God in Istanbul
by kiefersbubble (kiefersbubble)
at July 6th, 2007 (09:09 pm)
thankful

current mood: thankful
current song: slow dancer

OK. Wow.
WOW.
As of yesterday midnight, I think I have fulfilled one of my true dreams. A dream come true.
What a glory and honour to my journal =)

People, last night I had the chance to watch one of the three musicians* that I can ever dream of seeing. That great musician, the "Golden God" of rock'n'roll, is Robert Plant,.In Istanbul.

God knows for how many looong years have I waited patiently to see the lead singer of the legendary band Led Zeppelin. Even after when we bought our tickets and everything, I still could not believe I was actually gonna see him in person. Earlier that day, I put my ticket below my monitor when I was at work =) My concert buddy who also happens to be my desk neighbor was equally excited. We went out with our friends to have beer in the port and then left for the BIG NINE THIRTY :)

To my surprise, he and the band were on stage in 10 minutes! The moment he stepped on stage, I remember feeling a little paralized OR freaked out... Hard to tell really =)

The God was on stage for almost 2 hours. And here is the setlist if you're intersted:

tin pan valley
7 7
black dog
takamba
friends
going to california
four sticks
slow dancer
babe i'm gonna leave you
freedom fries
gallows pole
--- encore ---
the enchanter
-the arabic song-(?)
whole lotta love

As you can see, the setlist contained morea than just a few LZ songs, to my surprise. This, of course made this event become more than just awesome but off the hook friggin crazy! The crowd was first very 'well-behaved" everyone sitting on their seats maybe just moving from side to side. But after the encore, everyone including us, moved downstairs to see him, hear him closer. I can tell ya THAT was when I really felt i was there :) Dancing like a horny high groupie, and believe me I was not the only one =) He was driving us crazy with all that teasing while he sang whole lotta love... Man, he was seriously incredibly young, HOT, hype... you know, Robert. He has never changed, he could out-young us all believe me!

Oh and the 2 quotes that everyone will remember:
(fangirl yells): "Robeeert!!!!"
Robert: "Yes mother?"
(everybody laughs)

(crowd cheers after a song ends)
Robert: "Extraordinary. Not you, us."

And finally here are some vids on youtube that you might just watch and sigh :)

All in all, I could go on and on like this forever! Cos I don't get nights like these often. But thank God I had one last night. Thank "God".

The other two musicians would be of course who else, but Gloria Estefan and Sade :) Total inspiration to our lives. At least mine.

comments would be interseting!
love & peace,
Aisha

Comments

Posted by: CeeCeeBlack (ceeceeblack)
Posted at: July 6th, 2007 07:38 pm (UTC)
plant smoking

That is so awesome. You are so lucky to have gotten the chance to see him. I always somehow missed the opportunity here in the United States, either I was too young and my Mom wouldn't let me go...or the concert got canceled. I had tickets the year his son died and the tour was cancelled. He/Led Zepplin never did come back where I was.

My husband, on the other hand, had a chance to see him twice and said he is nothing less than a God and that Page was beyond belief. He saw them as a group, as I would have if the tour hadn't been canceled.

I enjoyed reading what you had to say and have to admit my heart beat a little faster while reading this. I'm so glad you got that one chance in a lifetime.

Posted by: kiefersbubble (kiefersbubble)
Posted at: July 6th, 2007 08:54 pm (UTC)
tulips

=) thanks for the heartfelt comment.
he really was shiny. his voice was the same his moves. his music, the band (strange sensation) was amazing as well.
They tour a lot, and I am sure you can get to see him live one of these days.
But I should warn you, you'll want it every day =)

Posted by: seejaye (seejaye)
Posted at: July 7th, 2007 05:57 am (UTC)
History of Rock And Roll

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. And, although Plant has such talent and charisma of his own, he made his reputation with Zeppelin, whose tunes were powered by Jimmy Page's great riffs and playing, so it's only fitting that Mr Plant should include many of those songs.

BTW, I visited your blog, and have a question: How would you rate Robert Plant on a scale of one to Daniel Craig? :-p

Posted by: kiefersbubble (kiefersbubble)
Posted at: July 7th, 2007 02:20 pm (UTC)
darkwingdrak

hahahaha, i think Robert would kick not only Daniel's but everybody's *ss!!
Page rules that's for sure...*sighs* that's a whole another story :)

4 Read Comments