A (circlelimit) wrote in _cuttingedge,
A
circlelimit
_cuttingedge

Hi I'm new

FAVORITES

actors: Anatoli Solonitsyn, Robert de Niro
actresses: Liv Ullman, Mia Farrow

Personally I'm not too big on particular actors/actresses, so I find it hard to name specific ones. I can appreciate a good performance when I see it (e.g. Liv Ullman in Scenes from a Marriage or Autumn Sonata) but I don't really watch films for specific actors.

directors: Darren Aronofsky, Andrei Tarkovsky, Sergei Paradjanov, Ingmar Bergman, Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese
movies: Solaris (both versions), The Fountain, The Legend of Suram Fortress, Pi, Stalker, Kundun, Apocalypse Now, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, The Original Star Wars Trilogy, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

LAST....
movie you watched: Steven Soderbergh's Solaris. I really loved it.
foreign movie you watched: I'm assuming you mean non-American film? Halfway through Why Has Bodhidharma Left for the East? by Bae Yong-kyun.
movie viewed at a film festival: Dombivli Fast by Nishikant Kamat
movie you saw in theatres: Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain. I've decided that it's my current favourite film, because it's the film that has affected me the most powerfully.

NEXT....
movie you want to watch: Hoping to finish Why Has Bodhidharma Left for the East? actually. And then moving on to Mizoguchi's Ugetsu.
movie you hope will bomb: Nothing in particular. I just wish all unoriginal, purely made for money movies would cease being produced.

While I'm here I thought I would link to an Andrei Tarkovsky community I recently created. As I noticed that he is one of the interests listed in this comm's userinfo, I thought there would be at least a few people here who would appreciate his work.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment