the shiz

[ website | MEMBERS ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Moderator///////So, uhm [Aug. 19th, 2005|09:19 pm]
the shiz
_coolshit
[pardonme329]
For awhile now, I've been thinking about how rating communities make me feel: pretty bad. From getting rejected from several myself, where people call me stuff like "dog" to myself telling other people "ROFL @ your face!!", they don't do so good. Honestly,I've gotten a bit addicted to rating communities also. Besides, being a jerk like that and making comments about people is so much better in person. Plus, having the anonmity of the internet to hide behind is really cowardly, and I've had real life people pull stupid drama things only through the internet. So, needless to say, I'm leaving the handful of rating communities that I did get accepted into.

Now, this one is probably the hardest to leave, because I've done alot for it: the members page, redid the infopage, promoted like a mofo a few times, stamped and kept alot of applicants in line. But, I just feel that I need to leave. I've also made this decision not only based on my thoughts about rating comm's, but because unclefloyd and I got to talking, and he really put my thoughts into concrete.

So, I guess this is goodbye guys. Now, it's not really so much goodbye, as half of you are already on my personal friends list. If anymore of you would like to add me, feel free to, I'll add you back.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PEACE

Also, if anyone else likes the whole community idea, but is also tired of putting people down through the internet, check out:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
_discomurder

I just made it yesterday, I would love if you alot of you came and joined it, most of you are really kickass. It's going to be alot like this community, but without rating.

It was fun!! Peace.
linkReply

Comments:
(Deleted comment)
2005-08-19 09:23 pm (UTC)
Haha, sweet. You're in there!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
2005-08-19 09:49 pm (UTC)
Wow, so are we stopping this community all together?
I'll join that one and add you if you don't mind.
(Reply) (Thread)
2005-08-19 09:50 pm (UTC)
YAY! Sweet deal.
Added you back.
[User Picture]From: sweetblasphemy
2005-08-19 10:23 pm (UTC)
*dies of shock*

damn..
(Reply) (Thread)
2005-08-19 10:24 pm (UTC)
I know, the thought me looking like that much of scenester (in the picture) is quite a shock, isn't it?

harhar.

But, you're on my friends list anyways, right?
2005-08-19 10:25 pm (UTC)
i was until i got a rename thing and it took me off everyones list...pwease read-add me?
2005-08-19 10:26 pm (UTC)
of course!
2005-08-19 10:26 pm (UTC)
UGH! I mean Re-Add
read-add...god..
[User Picture]From: nicknoble
2005-08-20 11:11 am (UTC)
well, we'll always have steves journal.

k bye
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: gsuswoman
2005-08-20 12:38 pm (UTC)
SCENEEENNENE <3
(Reply) (Thread)
2005-08-21 01:26 am (UTC)
I know, right?
[User Picture]From: i_am_the_owl
2005-08-21 10:12 pm (UTC)
See, that's the same shit I've been saying about rating communites since forever.

I just don't really care about the self-esteem of others.
(Reply) (Thread)
2005-08-21 10:14 pm (UTC)
Yeah, not so much the self esteem factor as the fact that we're promoting that everyone should be the same, or else they aren't "cool", with these. Not to mention, as I said up there, that I had become addicted to them.
[User Picture]From: i_am_the_owl
2005-08-21 11:05 pm (UTC)
Eh ... conformity is only an issue if the person really wants to be in the community, in which case it's easy to fake.