the shiz

[ website | MEMBERS ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

mod// [Aug. 12th, 2005|12:45 pm]
the shiz
_coolshit
[ex_uncleflo]
i really don't know about rating communities anymore. i've been thinking about the things that we're supporting by doing this, and i just don't know right now. i'm so confused.

i don't know how i ever get sucked into this. some people see it as just a joke, but some people could really take it seriously. this could be the thing that pushes someone over the edge. maybe there are people out there who really just want to be accepted, and it crushes them when they're not.

rating communities are honestly terrible, and i don't know if i can even participate in this anymore. there are better things for me to be doing with my time. but i just need more time to think... we'll see how things turn out. . .

head mod
xopher
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: deee_lishuss
2005-08-12 12:35 pm (UTC)
They are only terrible when people are mean, just because they can be.

After seeing quite a few of your comments.. I have to say that im honestly not surprised you are beating yourself up over it.

I dont know you at all.. but i say.. do what makes you feel good about yourself.

If a comment from a rating community is what sends someone over the edge.. then lemme tell you, they werent that far from teetering right over the edge to begin with.
(Reply) (Thread)
2005-08-12 01:29 pm (UTC)
How many times have you seen a rejected stamp?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
2005-08-12 10:45 pm (UTC)
Not in Lj.. but i if i had all my rejected stamps from my 26 years on this planet have a funny caption and picture on them, then I'd show you.

Not everybody in the world is gonna love you, like your resume, your hair color, your freckles, the fact your stomach isnt flat, hell, one reason i got judged and teased growing up is because my mother has a lazy eye.

I haven't lived some charmed life, I've never been the most popular in school, far from it. I was fat my whole life until about a year ago. I've worked my ass off for the self esteem I have because lets face it, nobody else is gonna make you feel as good as you can if you have a belief in yourself.

A rating community will not give you shit. Accepted, or not.

2005-08-13 06:30 am (UTC)
that's one persons point of view.
2005-08-13 07:05 am (UTC)
It certainly is.

Like i said, do what makes YOU feel good.
[User Picture]From: stikes
2005-08-12 03:59 pm (UTC)
^---why I don't vote unless the person posts a creative pic

(Reply) (Thread)
2005-08-13 06:57 am (UTC)
Well, I'm personally glad you posted this and decided to let us know that you're having these thoughts instead of making a drastic decision, leaving, and then telling us.

You're a good head mod and you obviously have a good heart. Rating communities are low and shallow, but maybe instead of us rating people we can have them do something else to get in?

This is the only community I have ever stayed in and even though I'm not entirely active, due to lack of camera most days, I wouldn't want to see this fall apart. Which is what I see happening if you leave.
(Reply) (Thread)
2005-08-13 08:02 am (UTC)
it seems like it already is falling apart, but that's because i'm starting to not really have time for it anymore. maybe the idea about having people do something else to get in is a good one, though.
2005-08-13 11:16 pm (UTC)
What the fuck? What about everything I've done for this place?
2005-08-14 11:53 am (UTC)
uh what the fuck. what about the insane amount of inactivity and nobody ever really posting anything.
2005-08-14 08:33 pm (UTC)
ah, well that is true.
2005-08-16 10:41 pm (UTC)
Not true on your part.. you do an assload of shit for this community.

It might be inactive, yes. But the credit for the small amount of activity there is, as far as I'm concerned, goes to you.

Seems just because someone posts about how 'wrong' it is to judge people on an application, everybody else says to themselves,

"hm, you know what, he is right, we are assholes"

If you dont want people to judge you, rate you, before they know who you are.. then the way i see it, you stay on your own blog and keep the hell away from a rating community.

Oh and by the way.. that lilkitten fuckin thing (i dont care if she likes xtopher now or not) is back and replying to comments again in old posts. She might like coolshit now but im pretty sure i havent seen her reapply.
2005-08-17 08:05 pm (UTC)
yeah, well, I think I am drastically changing my views on rating communities right now, but more about that later.
[User Picture]From: chicky9032
2005-08-13 08:06 am (UTC)
arnt you a member of like 10 rating communitys. way to defey all of your statements.
(Reply) (Thread)
2005-08-13 08:40 am (UTC)
that's the whole point... you don't seem to get it.
[User Picture]From: kitkatgirl2
2005-08-15 06:54 pm (UTC)

hi

Xopher i agree with you not only because i was rejected but because it does make the rejected people feel bad about themselves. I say you not only accept the people that act like you but different people too. like people who like odd stuff and think with their own mind and not everyone in heres mind.