June 13th, 2005

Hotness

Shag Frenzy June 2005, This Saturday Night, 18+ w/ ID

The only thing that matters is rocknroll.  The only club night where you can get your fill of New Order, Interpol, Abba, Pet Shop Boys, Death From Above 1979, Motorhead, Nancy Sinatra, The Cure, et al, is Shag Frenzy.  The only thing that matters is people like you crowding the dancefloor with wreckless abandon, arms flailing about, sweating off the summer heat.  Enjoy it while you can, because when the students come back to school in the autumn, the degrees will fall and the queues will be long when the windchill gets insane.

This month we will have guest deejay Tighty Whitey, who can usually be found rocking the socks off the goths at Zombie High, Gotham Citi New Haven, every Wednesday night.  She brings with her an awesome smile and the finest in 80's new wave and postpunk.

Residents Johnny Strangler & Garage Flower, recently nominated as best deejays for the Hartford Grand Band Slam will be there as usual, making girls scream and boys cry.

It's the summer, so Summer Of Love 2005 officially starts this week!  Johnny Strangler will throw in some oldies but goodies from the halcyon days of the summers of '88-92.  Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, The Charlatans, 808 State, Baby Ford, Northside, Inspiral Carpets, James, Primal Scream, The Soup Dragons and anyone else influenced by Fac 51 The Hacienda will be played.  Just don't pull a Clare Leighton on us.  Madchester rave on!

Info:

SHAG FRENZY at THE WEBSTER UNDERGROUND

Saturday, 18 June 2005

9PM-2AM

18+

$5

31 WEBSTER STREET

HARTFORD' SOUTH END

• Current Music
    Happy Mondays - Tokoloshe Man
flutter

Jobs?

I'm new. Hi!

I'm moving to central Connecticut (Bristol most likely) at the end of June and need to find a customer service/accounting/admin/clerical job that will pay me at least 28k a year in the area. Does anyone know any companies that are hiring besides The Hartford?

Thanks in advice.