January 11th, 2005

New here, and looking for a job!!

Hello Connecticut,

I'm looking to relocate to your fine state from Central Massachusetts. My boyfriend lives in Enfield, and I'm looking into buying a condo in that area. In the meantime, I'm looking at jobs out that way. Since I have no contacts in this area, I figured I'd post here and see if anyone could help out.

My experience: I'm currently working as a writer and editor in a college public relations office. I love what I do, but it doesn't pay very well, certainly not enough that I can live on my own. I'm looking at similar jobs in the Hartford/Springfield/Amherst region (marketing, communications, PR, journalism.) I have what amounts to about 3-4 years experience. I'm not entry level, but I wouldn't be considered for a management position just yet.

My resume is on Monster, CareerBuilder, HotJobs, and HigherEdJobs.com right now, but if anyone knows of anyone, etc., I think I need all the help I can get. I'd be happy to provide you with more information about myself if necessary; just post a comment and I'll contact you from there.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Farmington apartment availability

A friend of mine is looking for a third roommate in her Farmington apartment. She and her current roommate are both graduate students at the University of Hartford. I've seen this place, and it is beautiful. If you're interested, leave a comment for me and I can pass along her email address to you.

Here's the info:

Rent: $ 525 per month + $260 deposit
Lease: Month to month
Date available: 01/15/05 (4 days)
Utilities included: Gas, Water, Trash pickup

Features included: Private bedroom, Balcony/patio, Cable/satellite hookup, Closet, Furnished, Telephone hookup

Residence Type: Townhouse/Condo, 3 bed, 2.5 bath
Features: Air conditioning, Balcony/patio, Dishwasher, Fireplace, High speed Internet, Washer/dryer in unit, Microwave, Parking, Pool, Storage

Area Location: (East) Farmington, CT
Cross streets: Rt 4 and Tolcott Notch - map

Preferred Roommate
Smoking: Outside smoking okay
Cleanliness: Clean, Average
Pets: No pets please
Children: No children please