?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry

I have dip dyed the ends of my hip lenght hair blue (and am considering adding some blue to my bangs as well) and I love it. Now here's the question. I'd like to color my remaining hair dark brown again (using non-permanent/wash out dye to keep damage minimal. Can I achieve that somehow and keep my blue ends ?

Thanks
elfed

Comments

( 4 comments — Leave a comment )
girlgoth
Aug. 20th, 2012 04:58 pm (UTC)
What color is the rest of your hair now? (aside from the blue)

If you're just doing your roots, it is definitely possible, and not too hard to keep the ends blue.

If you're dying all of the hair that's not blue, it's still possible, but a lot more work.
elfed
Aug. 20th, 2012 05:22 pm (UTC)
My hair is a slightly reddish light/medium brown. Just doing the roots won't work unfortunately.

Elfed
girlgoth
Aug. 20th, 2012 06:03 pm (UTC)
Ahh, ok. If you want to do it yourself, IME, I've found the best way to protect the ends is to separate them from the rest of the hair. I had black hair with red ends for a year or so, and I'd break up my hair into sections and then use a hair band right at the ends where the color line was. Then I'd put a heavy conditioner on the colored ends, making sure to saturate them. I cover the ends with foil and make sure it's secure. Then I color the rest of my hair like normal, just making sure to be careful. Wait until you've washed most of the color out before removing the foil and bands on the end, and they should be the same color you left them.

I hope that made sense!
elfed
Aug. 20th, 2012 10:34 pm (UTC)
Thanks alot !
( 4 comments — Leave a comment )

_bluehair
_bluehair

Latest Month

August 2012
S M T W T F S

Page Summary