elfed (elfed) wrote in _bluehair,
elfed
elfed
_bluehair

Hello lovely blue haired people and longhairs

I was feeling adventerous and decited to dip-dye the tips of my hair blue. I have hip-length hair which is virgin on top and has some very, very faded henna in the lenghths (faded to the point that even I can't tell where my virgin hair starts (my hair is light brown). Oh, and I had put in a non-permanent (wash out) dark brown color in a while back which hadn't faded fully yet.

So I went ahead and got a tub of Manic Panic Midnight Blue and a box of Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde Ultimate Lightener L1++. I left the lightener on for 45 minutes but my hair was lightened only by one shade or two, like to a yellow-ish dark blonde. I put in the Manic Panic anyway and it turned out a lovely but subtle teal - which I like but it's not what I wanted - I wanted a BOLD blue. So now my questions: can I buy another bleach kit (this time maybe the bleach kit from Manic Panic) and bleach it a second time or will this fry my hair (right now my tips look and feel fine, at least not worse than before)..how long should I wait until I can bleach it a second time, or can I do it right away ? Or didn't the color take because of the henna ?
And-I like experimenting with wash out/non permanent dyes. Is there a way of protecting my ends when coloring the rest of my hair ?

Elfed

crossposted to _bluehair and longhair
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 3 comments