?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

blau!

I've always wanted to dye my hair an unnatural color all over (I've had all the natural colors and then purple tips) so I figured being Sonic the Hedgehog for Halloween was the perfect opportunity! 

From blonde:
height="400"

to blue!

We were characters from Super Smash Bros (bottom left)

fadage

and this was taken this past weekend (far right)

a lot of people have said it looks white or silvery in places. I have no idea what colors it's been fading to and I don't really care. I don't know what to do next though! Re-do the blue? Go a different color (purple?). I'm going to Germany in February and I'd like to have 'normal' hair for that I'm pretty sure, but until then, I'm open to anything! Also, I know, I haven't had a hair cut in a year. It's horrible.

Comments

( 3 comments — Leave a comment )
upaya
Dec. 6th, 2011 11:23 pm (UTC)
Looks great.! I vote re-do the blue!
bobcat2022
Dec. 7th, 2011 04:12 pm (UTC)
I had the exact same experience– 'd you use the Splat dye for the blue? My natural hair color is a dark brown, though (I bleach it to dye it blue) so on me the silver it just looked like I was old! The second time it faded, here's what I did: I dyed over the faded blue with a blue-black color. With the leftover blue underneath it created a color that, from a distance or in dim light, didn't look a ton different from my regular color, just darker. But when the sun hit it right, especially when it was just dyed, it had this blue-violet sheen to it that was really snazzy. I dug it a lot– still a cool unnatural color, but more subtle.

Then (because my hair is short) I let the roots grow out to go back to my regular color over a month or two. That part might not work for you as well, unless you want to go all GI Jane on it!

I'm pretty sure I used L'Oreal Feria Starry Night, but Google's pulling up some terrible reviews for that. YMMV, I guess. Keep us posted!
hllokttysflute
Dec. 7th, 2011 10:38 pm (UTC)
Re-do the blue, it's glorious!
( 3 comments — Leave a comment )

_bluehair
_bluehair

Latest Month

August 2012
S M T W T F S