?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Which dye?

Hi there everyone! Need some help here! :P

I have been using Special Effects Blue Velvet for ages now but I have gotten tired of people constantly mistaking my hair colour as deep purple rather than blue. Don't get me wrong, I really like this dye, it lasts insanely much and it's colour is deep. I like purple too, but you know, after all this time, the "nice purple hair u've got there!" can get on your nerves. My hair is blue damn it! xD And the problem with Velvet is that it basically looks blue only under sunlight and indoors it's purple.. _ _ "

Ok, well, before that, I had been using Special Effects Blue Mayhem. I don't remember much from back then apart from the fact that it did fade pretty quickly to light purple. :( But from pics I have, I really do like that colour on me.

So yeah, I am looking for a dye that looks like Blue Mayhem!

So my criteria are:
1) How long does the dye last before it starts fading.
2) Does it fade to purple or that greenish (>_<) colour?
3) I absolutely DON'T want it to look purple under incandescent light or yellow fluorescent light.

So what do you have to say for the ones below?

Special Effects - Blue Mayhem
Special Effects - Electric Blue
Directions - Midnight Blue
Directions - Atlantic Blue

-Btw, I have never used Directions before-

Thank you!! :D

Comments

( 5 comments — Leave a comment )
writewrongs
Feb. 9th, 2011 01:53 pm (UTC)
Don't use any of those. 1) Directions sucks, hard. 2) Special Effects is the best hair dye company for the life of them can't make a "blue" that doesn't like purple or black.

IMO, you need to be using punky colour's line of blues, any of them. Almost all of them fade through green (unless there is a purpl-ish one I have not tried). Atlantic, Lagoon, and a Lighter Blue are all great in terms of brightness and quality of colour. They also last much longer than Directions, which washes directly out of you hair as quickly as possible.
peregrin8
Feb. 9th, 2011 07:35 pm (UTC)
Punky Colours, agreed, though I've forgotten the name of their deeper blue. (I like SPX Blue Mayhem myself; it lasts pretty well IF i've bleached the crap out of my hair...)
japan_obsessed
Feb. 10th, 2011 10:41 am (UTC)
Yes, I had come to the same conclusion back when I was first searching for the best company. That Special Effects is the top. Yes, all their blue dyes have purple in them, but I don't really mind if they fade to that (I actually prefer that colour way better that green). It's just that Blue Velvet was waaaaay beyond that, appearing as purple indoors (with warm/yellow light) even from the very first days!

Punky Colours eh? For some reason I didn't search more about them...Maybe they don't have the colours I want..? Anyway, I had ended up to Special Effects and Manic Panic (still haven't used).

I am really considering to go back to Blue Mayhem again. But I will look into Punky Colours since you all agree to that part! So thanks for your help! :D
mouser882
Feb. 11th, 2011 12:10 am (UTC)
I agree about Punky Colours. I used Atlantic Blue and mixed it with their Plum to tint the blue darker and help it fade to less of a green color. With that mixture it faded to silvery color I liked and stayed darker than the blue alone. I bet you could mix the blue you already use with Atlantic blue and get a color you like. Don't be scared to mix!
japan_obsessed
Feb. 11th, 2011 08:58 am (UTC)
Ow! Thank you for the idea, I'll try it out! Silvery, ne? Niiice! You are right about the whole mixing thing. I should be more bold. Thnx again! :D
( 5 comments — Leave a comment )

_bluehair
_bluehair

Latest Month

August 2012
S M T W T F S

Page Summary