xshunshunrikkax (xshunshunrikkax) wrote in _belong,
xshunshunrikkax
xshunshunrikkax
_belong

Shun Shun Rikka, Yunalesca/Zaon shipping, Haruka/Michiru shipping, Sailormoon, Inoue Orihime, BLEACH

1. Name: Andrew

2. Age: Seventeen

3. Gender: Male

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?

My hobbies include watching a variety of anime/reading a variety of manga, as well as studying the Japanese culture and language. My more prominent hobby is definitely writing. I’ve always had a lot of fun learning about how things work in other places just because it has always interested me how differently people of other cultures go about daily life. In reading and watching anime and manga, I get to add a sense of uniqueness to my speech because of all the references to it I make in casual conversation. I’ll find myself quoting Sailormoon sometimes if the situation makes sense, and I don’t know anyone else that does that! My studying of the Japanese language contributes to my more analytical nature. I tend to stop and think about things before I go through with them more often because of it. It isn’t a language full of as many rules as English, but everything about it has a certain order that has to be followed in speech and writing, which carries over to my actions.

Writing on the other hand is my way to let loose. I can take different parts of my personality and infuse them into my characters as well as the other way around. I’ve found myself writing stories where I take on part of the character’s personality because I like they way I’ve made them handle certain situations and try to see how I can do something along those lines for myself (granted, with all the crazy spells my characters shoot around, it’s a wonder I haven’t been carted off to the madhouse!) My writing lets my personality remain open to change.

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.

I feel like I can relate to Hermione the most. Academically she and I are really similar, taking on more than we can handle and really working to have everything done to the best of our ability, then coming out on top to show that it really made the difference. I’m also just as bad at showing emotions properly as she is, we always find some way to make it sound strange unless it’s a simple, all-out hug out of relief. While I might not be up to her level of know-it-all-ness, I definitely have a tendency to spew facts that people wouldn’t assume they need to know. I’ve also got a keen sense of logic when I need it most.

My favourite character is Sybil Trelawney. I adore her as the comic relief and enjoy the fact that while everyone dismisses her as a crazy, her predictions are nearly always accurate (that prophecy didn’t hurt either!). I choose her as my favourite simply because of the entertainment factor she provides, and because of the extent of her Seer abilities, which I’ve always found interesting.

6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.
a. Gryffindor
For: I’m not afraid to be bold or stick up for what people believe in. If I feel like something needs to be done then I’ll fight for it as hard as I can to make it happen, but I won’t stoop to cheating to get it. I’m a fair person.
Against. I can’t say I’m the most courageous person. I might be bold, but I have my limits and fears, so there are times where my fear will stop me. I don’t particularly like to be in life-threatening situations much either, so I’m really no hero.

b. Hufflepuff
For: I have a strong sense of loyalty to my friends, who I keep close (being alone isn’t fun). If something bothers them, then it bothers me, I’m close with everyone who shows me that same sort of closeness. I’m hard-working too.
Against: I’m terribly impatient, I don’t have a tolerance for a very slow-paced lifestyle, I’ve always been more suited to setting myself a task, getting it out of the way (but not rushing it), and moving on to something bigger and better. Nor am I the most cooperative, I tend to work better individually.

c. Ravenclaw
For: I am most definitely an intellectual. More often than not I’m glued to a computer screen reading or studying, and anywhere between 1am and 7am is designated as reading time for me, it’s when I learn best. I have my fair share of witty remarks at the ready in most situations.
Against: I’m academically intelligent, but sometimes it goes to my head and it can turn into momentary arrogance. I have a strong sense of pride for my words, but they aren’t always the right ones to use if you know what I mean. I speak before I think.

d. Slytherin
For: I’m an ambitious person who has drive. Like I stated above, if I want something done then I’ll be as determined as I have to be to get it done. If I have to, I’ll take others down in the process, as long as I get what I feel I deserve for the effort.
Against: I’m not conniving nor intend to be malicious when I go about things, sometimes it just appears that way. Like I stated above, I like to work honorably unless I have no other way to get what it is I sought out to begin with.

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?

My least favourite moment throughout the series was Harry’s series of detentions with Professor Umbridge. That woman is foul, absolutely foul, to have made Harry feel his own pain like that. I didn’t like the fact that she was judgmental without any evidence against Harry, and I didn’t like the fact that she took such pleasure out of his misery. Those moments encompassed a lot of what I hate about student-teacher relationships in high schools (basically the fact that they get to beat us around while we can’t do or say anything otherwise lest it be considered ‘backtalk’)

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?

The most appealing thing about the Harry Potter series is the rush that I can get from reading it. It’s got magic, adventure, subtle drama, and most of all characters that I can relate to. They go to school, they take exams, and they struggle emotionally and socially, just like we do. While I’d never pit myself a giant animal or throw myself into something like the Triwizard Tournament, the strong, detailed adventure element lets me live it through the characters themselves.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?

It depends on the friend and the kind of danger to be honest with you. If it were my best friend, but she got into the mess herself, I’d do what I could to make it easier without actually having to give up anything important, but have her sort the important parts out herself. If it were a passing acquaintance, I don’t think I’d make an effort. On the other hand, if my best friend were in serious danger she got dragged in to, I would gladly get out of my comfort zone to try and help her out. But, I’m sad to say, I wouldn’t give up my own life for anyone.

10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose?

I would choose money. Fame only makes people targets for humiliation and very heavy gossip, which I no longer condone. I would rather be financially taken care of because money is the root of everything. If I want the education I need, money is a factor, but fame isn’t. I’d rather be rich and have a private life than rich and have everyone think they know all about me. I like my privacy.

11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?

I would store the memory of my goodbye party back in December. It was the last time I saw almost all of my friends at once, and we all had a great time, the food was excellent and nobody was left out, it was awesome. The best part about that memory would be revisiting the fun and carefree attitude we all had. I would store it so I could go back to it if I were ever feeling really pessimistic or gloomy. I know it would be the perfect pick-me-up with all those stunts we pulled in the restaurant!

12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?

Being able to create something that other people enjoy is really exciting to me. I’m an avid writer who ranges from poetic prose to lengthy short stories, and the positive feedback is so amazing to read because of the satisfaction. It gets me thinking, ‘if one person enjoyed it, then I’ve made someone see the creativity in life, I don’t care if nobody else likes it.’ In turn, I get the most fulfillment out of sitting down and writing something, anything, that has a part of me present in it. It’s a great way to preserve my voice for a long time to come.

13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?

No, I don’t think I would view any of them differently. I mean, it really was just a light-hearted prank and those always have a habit of turning into something bigger. It was Snape’s fault he was such a target for people that liked to glean the most enjoyment they could out of life. Lily wasn’t wrong to defend Snape the way she did, but I don’t feel like it was her place to get involved because it only stirred up more of a controversy.

14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school?

I would be thoroughly surprised. I probably wouldn’t enjoy being away from home for so long a time (home is where the heart is, it’s my biggest comfort zone), I would react positively to go to a place like Hogwarts and discover an entirely different world so close to my own. Even at the age of eleven I would love the idea of going to a castle to learn all about magic and be surrounded by tons of books and people from such an interesting world.

15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why?

I would go back in time to warn family about the things that happened to them from my future so that they could change the outcome for the better. I’d also use it to meet people I’ve always admired historically, like Margaret Hamilton (Wicked Witch of the West!). I think first and foremost I’d go back to the Biblical times just to see if it all really was a load of bull or not, I’ve always wondered that, so if I had the chance to figure out I’d take it.

16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation?

I wouldn’t have tried to stop them. Houses lose points and gain them everyday, and there could always be the chance that even if the points subtracted were a large number, they could be made back over time. Winning the house championship isn’t everything after all. I’d place trust in my friends to do whatever is they were setting out to do in the first place.

17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.

I most admire he summoner Yuna of Final Fantasy X. I admire her most because of what she set out to do with her life. She made the choice to save her entire world at the age of seventeen, knowing full well that at the end of it all, she would have to die for everyone to be safe, but only for ten years. She was afraid but she never showed it, and loved openly. She walked into danger worrying about other people first and knew full well that there was a chance she could fail from the start, but she did it anyway. She wasn’t afraid to take risks, and I like that.

18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?

My favourite book outside of Harry Potter is Memoirs of a Geisha. I like that it is a historical piece of my favourite place (Japan), but it also has elements of suspense, a very dramatic feeling to it, and that it teaches you so much about how oppressive society was for people back then. I enjoyed the struggles the central characters had to go through, especially what became of Hatsumomo; I felt that she was a lot deeper than people gave her credit for. Some parts of dialogue were great for loosening up tension, and they fit in so seamlessly with the rest of the book that it didn’t pull away from the general atmosphere.

19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline; you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why?

I wouldn’t glance at it. Even if I were going to fail the class, if I looked over at that paper I wouldn’t be passing it on my own knowledge or skill in the subject, so it would be a false victory. If I’m not able to take the test to the best my own talent, then I’ll just do it again and avoid the mistakes I made the first time around.

20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?

Ron had every right to be jealous of Harry given the circumstance. He wanted it more than almost anything at the time because he was constantly overshadowed by Harry’s ordeals with Lord Voldemort, he felt like it was his turn to be in the spotlight. I don’t think Harry was right to react the way he did though. He should have been able to reason with Ron and at least properly explain what had happened instead of blowing up right back, it only instigated him farther. Harry’s actions were inappropriate given the circumstance, but Ron is just as much to blame.

21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school?

I would look forward to Charms most of all because of all the fun I’d be able to have while getting actual practical work done. Charms is a subject whose contents would be used often in daily wizarding life, and even though it calls attention to minor detail, the class is a very light-hearted environment. I’ve excelled the most at English and French consistently since grade school because of my interest in linguistics. There’s just something about learning verb conjugations that seems so much fun.

22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why?

I wouldn’t end up going to Hogsmeade. Like I said, I’d rather have all my free time devoted to pouring over the library’s collections as well as my school books to learn all kinds of spells. Hogsmeade seems like a pretty basic place in my opinion; there aren’t a lot of worthwhile things to do there. My time would definitely be better spent in the library and common room.

23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why?

I would choose to qualify for a specific teaching position at Hogwarts. I like the idea of being able to pass on what I know to other people because that’s how things were done traditionally. More than likely I would like to be able to teach Charms, partly to show people that magic can be fun while it remains useful and good to know. Teaching in the magical world would definitely be beneficial to me as well, because as a teacher, I would always have room to learn something new from my students, and it would build a strong relationship among a small part of the magical community within the school.

24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?

I have absolutely nothing against Muggle-borns. I view them as valued members of the wizarding world. After all, the ability to perform magic is what makes you a witch or wizard, not the purity of your blood. I would gladly welcome Muggle-borns anywhere with me. In other people, I value a strong sense of loyalty, understanding, and openness to the world around them. I don’t base anything in the purity of blood, but rather in the personality of the person. I value people with strong, open personalities.

25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?

I definitely wouldn’t need to drink from the well of Optimism. I dislike having everything sugar-coated, so to always have to see the positive outlook on something would drive me insane when I’m so used to accepting the fact that some things just don’t turn out nicely. It would be like lying to my heart or something. I think I’d want to drink from the well of Creativity, because creativity is something that can never be stifled. If I can be a more creative person then I have more ways of getting things done, and I can do them with an individuality that other people don’t have.

26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain.

I wouldn’t have stopped Dumbledore drinking the potion. I would have continued. This is because that Harry and Dumbledore didn’t know that there wasn’t really a Horcrux in the cauldron and I wouldn’t have any way of knowing otherwise either. I wouldn’t have gone against Dumbledore’s wishes because it would have meant that if there really was a Horcrux in there, Lord Voldemort wouldn’t have been able to be killed and everything will have been for nothing. I think Harry was right to listen to Dumbledore’s orders for that same reason. He wouldn’t have wanted to risk a world dominated by darkness to exist because of someone was willing to give their life to have the Dark Lord defeated.

27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)

First and foremost, I like to sing in the shower. I really like to do impromptu karaoke, usually to my favourite style of music (Japanese techno pop/trance rock). A lot of the time I can come across as a really distant person, but people get over that quickly because I’m really open and loud (REALLY loud, you can’t NOT hear me!) I suppose you’ll find out more about me when my activity here increases should you choose to have me. I heard about the community from: machinemedusa
Tags: ravenclaw
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 8 comments