2. Age: 16
3. Gender: Girl
4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?
My main hobby is film and anything relating to it. I love the fact that people can have an idea and portray it to an entire world of people so that people see what they are thinking. For example, Harry Potter, we all portray characters, events, settings differently. The directors of these films are incredibly lucky to be able to transform their thoughts of such an amazing series into a film.
But how does this contribute to my personality? I'm not sure. When I'm filming something or editing footage, or even taking pictures, I feel calm, yet a sense of adrenaline. It's such a great feeling to have to for me. It makes me open up. Also it makes me very happy I'm living in the 21st century.
5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.
I think I can relate to Harry the most. Harry has suffered a great deal of losses in his lifetime, and so have I. My stepdad since I was 18 months old died when I was 12. And it's very painful.
I can also relate to Harry a lot because he has a lot of potential for things, I believe I do too, but sometimes I can get lazy and not see it through. Unless I'm determined. For example, in my Video Production classes I've gotten straight A+'s all year. However, in other classes such as Geometry or Biology, I haven't done so hot. (But still pass with low A's and B's)
My favorite character changes everyday, to be honest. I love Harry, but I think Daniel Radcliffe contributed to that love. I also love Ginny. I can really relate to Ginny sometimes as well. I'm the only girl out of 5 boys and sometimes it gets a bit over whelming and frustrating to be apart of such a big family. But at the end of the day, I love them all.
6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.
-I love my friends and my family and my boyfriend more than anything in the world. I would even die for them. I couldn't imagine living life without my mom or any of my 5 brothers.
-I would save anyone. If I saw someone getting hurt, I really think I would try to save them. When I was 4 my house caught on fire and I remember my brother was upstairs and I didn't want to leave the house until he was out. But they made me, my mom ended up running in the house. I must get it from her..
Against. I'm not one for glory. I don't want people to think I am either. I'm very shy when it comes to people I don't know or who I'm not like. I don't think I could ever face a Basilisk and not pee myself. I'm not afraid to be scared. And I don't like being scared.
For: I've been told that I'm a 'puff many times. I'm very friendly and loyal to all of my friends. I try to be fair and try to be the mediator in all kinds of disagreements. (Unless, it's not my place to butt in) I rarely show that I'm upset to people I'm not familiar with.
Though, I'm NOT a pushover, nor do I think and Hufflepuff's are. I hate it when that accusation comes up. But I am soft. I cry easily and I get hurt by words far too easily.
Against: My patience is at zero. I have NO patience. Whether it be waiting to leave to go to work, or ready to leave on vacation. I have none. I get ansy and even sometimes mean. Just because I hate waiting. I hate going some place and waiting around. My boyfriend is in a band and I have to wait everywhere when I'm with him. Sometimes I just want to scream. It's such a petpeeve of mine, if you can even call it that.
For: I get excellent grades in school. I know I said that I sometimes slack off before, but I have the potential to get all A+'s but I just don't. I'd rather study film for 4 hours rather than study film for 2 and Geometry for 2. I'm determined to get good grades and go to a good college.
Against: I'm not addicted to it. I'm not hooked on reading. Though I love cuddling down with a good book and falling asleep, I'm not addicted to learning things that I'm not fascinated in. I even get headaches when I'm learning something I'm not interested in. It's almost like my brain is telling me that I shouldn't pay attention.
For: I'm determined to be great. As Linda McCartney once said "I don't want to be famous, I just want to be successful" (But hey, of course she would be, she was married to friggen Paul McCartney) Anyway. Yes. I want to be very successful in film and/or graphic design. I want people to know who I am. I want my classmates to go to the movies and see "A Film by Mindy ----" on the screen and be like "Hey, I went to high school with that girl!" I will do anything to get that far. (Except hurt somebody...physically)
Against: I'm not sly or anything. I can't lie for shit. (Excuse my language) I'm a horrible bad person. That sounded redundant, but I didn't mean for it to. I just can't be cruel to anyone without feeling some sort of guilt. Even if they were cruel to begin with. It's hard for me to. Even when I yell it's not intimidating. It's pathetic. lol
7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?
Do I have one? Probably the the scene in OotP when Harry in underneath the cloak, beaten by Malfoy and defenseless. I HATED reading that part. It actually made me feel weird. I couldn't imagine being in that position. A hopeless and defenseless state where you can still think and KNOW you're defenseless. How scary is that? That shouldn't happen to people. The same goes for when Dumbledore was killed. Not only because he was killed and I loved him, but because Harry was watching defenselessly, feeling pain, but not being able to even shed a tear. It's a scary thought to have, I think.
8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)? Can I say everything? The romance appeals to me in every thing I read. I love romance and I'm a sucker for Jane Austen novels. The part that appeals to me is the fact that once the adventure begins, I can't put the book down until it's over. It's such an awesome ride to take, when I'm reading a Harry Potter book. The creatures are always fun to read about as well. Especially JK's silly changes she makes to mythological creatures. It's fun.
9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line? Of course. I already told you. I only have a few close friends that I love more than anything. If they were in "mortal peril" I would definitely save them. Though, if they were in danger with say, the IRS, I don't think I would help them out. Or with the police. Only if their lives were on the line would I save them.
10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose? Money. I'm not too big on glory. And with money, people can go far. Yeah, it's coming from a romantic. But you can, if you think about it. I could be sitting here listening to an iPod not worrying about waking up at 6:30 to go to work tomorrow. But, I don't have an iPod and I do have to wake up early. And such is life.
11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why? The last time my entire family went out with my stepdad. It was the Sunday before he died and everyone got along. (Usually at family outtings something would go wrong anf someone would get mad..) But on this particular day nothing happened. Everyone was so happy and enjoying their life and the little stuffed animals we had won at the boardwalk. It was the best time I ever remember as a family and I wish I could store it somewhere forever.
12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?
Watching a good movie and walking away from it with that feeling of satisfaction. Movies like Pride and Prejudice or Brokeback Mountain make me feel good about watching movies. Now that I'm actually taking film seriously, I can't wait to instigate that feeling into other people. That's where I hope someday to get fullfillment.
13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why? I think I would start to feel sorry for Snape and the cruelty that they gave him, but then I think I would remember Snape and how he's a downright jerk and I'd just remember it was my dad. So whatever. I love him no matter what.
14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school? WTF? I'd call my aunt, because she's into Wicca like woah. She's in tarrot and everything. She's basically a witch. If she lived in Salem, she'd be hanged. Then I think I would try to actually see if this place really exsisted. I'd feel really lost. But I would totally be up for something new. I love walking into the first day of school at a new school. It's like a fresh start of something great. And knowing I'm going to be a friggen witch, man, I'd be so excited!!
15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why? Nothing to this day. I think I'd end up using it for turning back time on simpler things. Like when I lose to my brothers in cards. I'd turn back time to when I broke even, and start again. ^_^
I might also use it for things like waking up for school. I'm so not a morning person. It's really bad. So when I have to get up at 5:00am I'd turn back time to ohh say to 1:00am and sleep for some hours until I have to wake up again.
16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation? I would let them go. I don't usually get into my friend's business if they don't want me to know. However if I knew what they were going to do, I wouldn't let them go. But seeing as Neville didn't I would let them.
17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter. All of the Beatles. I know that they're not one person, but I aodre the Beatles so much. All together they must be the best group of guy that ever lived. Watching footage from back then and watching how they act, it would be so much fun to just spend a day with them. They were the most famous band in the world then and what did they do? Goofed around! I love it. I love them. I love Paul's attempt to be serious, and John's looniness, and George's quiet, yet hilarious humor. And Ringo's wtfness. I admire all of them and love them. ^_^
18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you? Hm. I would have to say the book Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson. That was such a sweet and romantic book. It tok me about 3 hours to read. I just couldn't put it down. The story is about love and loss. How life can still go on when ou lose someone dear to you. That's why I love it so much.
19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline, you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why? Sure. It's only one answer and if I only can't get that answer than what will it do? If I knew everything else then one answer wouldn't matter. I would never copy the entire thing, but I would copy one, if I was truly stuck. It happens everyday. Does that make me a bad person? I don't have the patience to think about it. lol
20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why? Ron should of realized Harry didn't do it. I don't really think he had a right to be jealous. I mean I understand why he was. But it's Harry, people want to kill him everyday, why would he go and try to die for 1000 galleons? I mean it's not something for Harry, and I think ROn should have realized that. If I were in Harry's position I really think I would be mad at his 'tude.
21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school? DADA I love reading about it in the books, and I love participating in them in other sorting comms. It's always lots of fun. I would also really want to know how to defend myself if I ever come face to face with evil.
22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why? The joke shop!! How much fun would I have in there? Oh man. I can sit and laugh at the silliest things sometimes. I would love to have magical jokes. I would be there forever! Using things like Extendable Ears would be awesome too. Sometimes I just wanna know what's going on, y'know?
23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? I'm not sure. Maybe an Auror, it might be fun you know, chasing the bad guys and getting them. Maybe just working in an Auror office though, the fighting might be a little too risky for me. Unless, you know it was for a good cause.
24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others? I'm not racist at all. My boyfriend was born in Ecuador and he means the world to me. I do, however tend to admire people of wealth. Almost envy them. However, I don't look for that in people. I look for a sense of humor. If people can't be funny, I don't want to be with them all the time. But I also look for honesty. I hate people who lie. People who aren't afraid to be themselves are fun. I love just being with people who don't care what other think. It makes it a lot more relaxing. Plus I'm a goon when I want to be. ;P
25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from? I definitely do not need physical strength. I've lived with 5 brothers and to be honest, I'm weak. My brothers are always the ones lifting the heavy things and helping move furniture. So I don't think I would need that.
I think I would drink from the Optimism, I tend to be pessimistic about myself and stuff. So I think having that optimism would help me a lot in my life later on. I'm determined, but sometimes I doubt and I realize that's a huge weakness of mine. >_<
26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain. Yes, I would have done the same thing Harry did. Dumbledore is a smart man, and I think he knew what he was getting himself into by telling Harry to give it to him. As I said, I want to make other happy, and doing as Dumbledore wished would have made him happier. I can't say that I wouldn't have been reluctant, but I think listening to Dumbledore is a vital key to surviving. :)
27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.) I like to sing in the shower?...But I don't really. XD I just found it browsing around. ;( Sorry I couldn't help out.