Amanda M. Rumble (silvergirl0007) wrote in _belong,
Amanda M. Rumble
silvergirl0007
_belong

Reading, breaking benjamin, animals

1. Name: Manda

2. Age: 18

3. Gender: Female

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality? I'm kind of a nerdy type of person. I enjoy listening to music that I can relate to; it's more about the lyrics than the melody/rhythm although it contributes a little bit. I'm an avid reader and I like a variety of genres and authors, my favorite being VC Andrews who writes about a mix of issues and her books are rather twisted. I suppose they intrigue me so much because the author isn't afraid to convey that everything isn't cookie cutter style and turmoil happens and it doesn't always turn out with a happy ending. I also enjoy spending a lot of time on the computer, reading a variety of things from friends’ journals to message boards to the news. I like to know what is going on.

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.
This one is a toughie for me. I've seen this question and never really thought it through. However, when it comes down to it I guess I'm very Hermione-like. I strive for knowledge and reasons; logic is the way to go. I like hard facts and she always researches or tries to find evidence to prove what she is thinking. She's also always looking out for her friends and I do the same thing to make sure they don't end up doing something extremely silly without thinking over the consequences.

6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.
a. Gryffindor
For: I will stand up for what I believe in and don't let my beliefs sway regardless of what someone is saying. I also don't let my morals sway, if I have a personal belief I will stick by it although I may not speak out against critics.
Against. I'm kind of a pushover; I let people walk over me without speaking up for myself because I like to avoid confrontation and hope that the conflict will go away.

b. Hufflepuff
For: I am loyal to those I love to the point where I'd take a bullet for them. Nothing will stand between me and my family/friends. I try to understand how they are feeling and have compassion. I sit in the shadows very much, I'm a follower.
Against: I believe in equal rights but I may end up not always standing up for them because I'm not bold enough to do it. In certain circumstances I can lack sympathy if I haven't been in that situation, or I simply won't try. (Ick, negativity)

c. Ravenclaw
For: I love to learn new things, at this moment I'm actually anticipating going back to school in August so my gears in my head can get going again.
Against: I don't always aim to see all sides of a position. I may take a stand and then hold to it without researching the other points of view. I'm more down to earth what you see is what you get than a hypothesizer.

d. Slytherin
For: I'm extremely determined to the point where when I set my mind to something I will go and go until it is done. I'm not content with mediocre work; if I can do something better than it needs to be redone. Getting a B on a paper has never been good enough, it's all or nothing.
Against: That being said, I won't hurt anyone I love or damage anyone's goals to get what I want. I'll strive but not at the cost of others (intentionally at least).

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?
When Sirius died, no doubt. I was a Sirius fan when I learned how he was connected to Harry and it broke my heart to see Harry's hope for a family member of sorts disappear just as quickly as he arrived. I think what's worse is that it was so unnecessary and could've been avoided if the MoM would've listened instead of made Harry the object of many jokes.

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?
The fantasy and the friendships, the adventure. All of it I guess. JK's story lines are also full of mystery which leave you wanting to know SO much more about the characters or situations which they're in. The friendships are so solid and the trio is able to overcome anything even with the occasional disagreement and more friendships are forming too (Ginny, Neville, etc...) instead of it just being Harry/Ron/Hermione as the series goes on. Overall, the entire magical world is like another country to me. It's so different from real life yet problems exist there too, it's an escape but a real life kind.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?
My best friend is my fiancé so I'll use him for this one. It depends on the kind of danger he was in, I'd do anything to try and save him because I see my life without him and it looks dreary and bleak, not to mention my conscience wouldn't be able to exist if I hadn't tried to do something. I'd give up everything because I feel so strongly that he'd be worth it, even if it meant death for me.

10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose? Money hands down. I don't like being in the spot light, my every move and action analyzed like I'm on a big huge display. If I had a ton of money I'd be able to provide for myself as well as my loved ones but fame only leads to more complications in life that is already extremely difficult as it is.

11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?
Another difficult one I see, hmmm. I'd probably say the day I got with my fiancé because it's led to so much more happiness and I was in a 3 year depressive slump before we got together, it was the light at the end of my tunnel because it truly was almost the end, the depression got so bad. Thankfully it's a total 180 but he was one of my saviors I believe, he helped make me who I am today.

12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?
Relationships with family and friends. I love being able to just sit and talk about anything and everything with them because that’s how we are. We can talk about simple everyday things to serious discussions to personal problems which need to be discussed. My relationships are like open books, you get what you see. No cover-ups, no shields.

13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?
I'd be ashamed that my father would've done something so cruel but chalked it up to boys being boys. Overall it wouldn't have changed my opinion of him because I never really got to know him. Lily was a sweet girl and I'd admire her more for standing up for the one being picked on. My biggest opinion change would be towards Snape, I’d see why he is so brutal and cold although I'm not quite sure It'd do much to improve my opinion when he continuously picks on me because I wasn't the one who harassed him, my father did.

14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school?
I'd be extremely excited but frightened at the same time. A totally different setting, different world actually. Leaving behind my family would be the hardest part of all but the anticipation would also be quite high up to see what kind of place I'd be heading to.

15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why?
I'd go back and spend more time with my uncle and grandfather who have passed away. Time is a valuable thing and I just wish I'd have cherished those memories and be able to make more. Looking back I've made mistakes but they've made me who I am today and I wouldn't want to change who I am because I'm getting to the point where I accept myself.

16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation? I'd have let them go because I honestly can't do confrontations against one person, let alone three.

17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.
My mom. She's been there through everything I've gone through along with my sister and 2 brothers. She's one of the most caring and compassionate women I've ever met. She's helped me get through depression, dealt with us being kicked out of a house for my dad's alcoholism (still dealing with it), made sure our needs always came before her own, tried to give us everything we asked for even if it wasn't a necessity and she's understanding. When my sister was younger she allowed her boyfriend to move in with us because he had no place to go and now my fiancé lives here as well, due to unfortunate home circumstances. It was a no questions asked deal; he came over and immediately lived here. Her heart is enormous and I don't know anyone I'd rather be my mother or best friend because she is both.

18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?
I kind of answered this in a tangent on my personalities one but anything my VC Andrews, specifically flowers in the attic because it is so incredibly twisted yet the explanations and style of writing are intriguing and make me continue to read until I've finished.

19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline; you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why?
I'm not going to lie, I've done it and I probably would depending on my confidence in how I did on the other questions. If I was borderline I'd try to save my skin by glancing over.

20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?
I wasn't fond of Ron's reaction to Harry after this incident because knowing how strong their friendship should be/is after 3 years Ron should've known that Harry wouldn't go behind his back and do something like that. I know Ron was frustrated from Harry getting all the fame but it wasn't excusable.

21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school?
I was a math student. I excelled in facts/numbers/logic. Things that are solid and concrete. That being said, defense against the dark arts sounded intriguing and despite how much the trio despises potions, which seems fascinating to me as well. The end result would be worth all the work going into it.

22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why?
The Joke shop. I'm serious most of the time but a joke here or there always makes things a lot better so I'd buy some things to lighten the mood occasionally.

23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why?
I think I'd take the path of a teacher of whichever subject I excelled at because often teachers make a huge impact upon their students and the teachers at Hogwarts have a relatively close relationship with their students, the kind I would like to have. I'm also afraid of extremely dangerous situations and in comparison to a job such as an auror it's on the safe side.

24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?
They are no different than I am (if I was a pureblood). It's just like skin color, it's not something you choose so you shouldn't be looked down upon or insulted because of it. I value honesty, loyalty, and understanding. A person needs to be able to admit that others have faults and accept them instead of shunning them as a result and I like to surround myself with people who can understand I'm not perfect nor will I ever be.

25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?
I wouldn't need the well of common sense and logic because I pride myself on having those traits solidly, often people have observed I'm too logical and stick close to facts beyond what I should. As much as I'd like to say beauty because I have a relatively low self-esteem I'm going to have to go with creativity because I have none. I can't do anything extremely artistic or out of the ordinary and I'd love to have that skill.

26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain.
I would've done what Harry did because he was loyal to Dumbledore and he had to promise that he would do it. A promise is a promise, especially when a relationship is that trusting such as between Harry and Dumbledore.

27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)

I like to sing in the shower (Except, I really don't. I can't sing to save my life)
I was referred by
[Error: Irreparable invalid markup ('<ljuser="quintessenceanx">') in entry. Owner must fix manually. Raw contents below.]

<b>1. Name:</b> Manda

<b>2. Age:</b> 18

<b>3. Gender:</b> Female

<lj-cut text="I solemnly swear I am up to no good">

<b>4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality? </b> I'm kind of a nerdy type of person. I enjoy listening to music that I can relate to; it's more about the lyrics than the melody/rhythm although it contributes a little bit. I'm an avid reader and I like a variety of genres and authors, my favorite being VC Andrews who writes about a mix of issues and her books are rather twisted. I suppose they intrigue me so much because the author isn't afraid to convey that everything isn't cookie cutter style and turmoil happens and it doesn't always turn out with a happy ending. I also enjoy spending a lot of time on the computer, reading a variety of things from friends’ journals to message boards to the news. I like to know what is going on.

<b>5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain. </b>
This one is a toughie for me. I've seen this question and never really thought it through. However, when it comes down to it I guess I'm very Hermione-like. I strive for knowledge and reasons; logic is the way to go. I like hard facts and she always researches or tries to find evidence to prove what she is thinking. She's also always looking out for her friends and I do the same thing to make sure they don't end up doing something extremely silly without thinking over the consequences.

<b>6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses. </b>
<u>a. Gryffindor</u>
<b>For:</b> I will stand up for what I believe in and don't let my beliefs sway regardless of what someone is saying. I also don't let my morals sway, if I have a personal belief I will stick by it although I may not speak out against critics.
<b>Against.</b> I'm kind of a pushover; I let people walk over me without speaking up for myself because I like to avoid confrontation and hope that the conflict will go away.

<u>b. Hufflepuff</u>
<b>For:</b> I am loyal to those I love to the point where I'd take a bullet for them. Nothing will stand between me and my family/friends. I try to understand how they are feeling and have compassion. I sit in the shadows very much, I'm a follower.
<b>Against:</b> I believe in equal rights but I may end up not always standing up for them because I'm not bold enough to do it. In certain circumstances I can lack sympathy if I haven't been in that situation, or I simply won't try. (Ick, negativity)

<u>c. Ravenclaw</u>
<b>For:</b> I love to learn new things, at this moment I'm actually anticipating going back to school in August so my gears in my head can get going again.
<b>Against:</b> I don't always aim to see all sides of a position. I may take a stand and then hold to it without researching the other points of view. I'm more down to earth what you see is what you get than a hypothesizer.

<u>d. Slytherin</u>
<b>For:</b> I'm <b>extremely</b> determined to the point where when I set my mind to something I will go and go until it is done. I'm not content with mediocre work; if I can do something better than it needs to be redone. Getting a B on a paper has never been good enough, it's all or nothing.
<b>Against:</b> That being said, I won't hurt anyone I love or damage anyone's goals to get what I want. I'll strive but not at the cost of others (intentionally at least).

<b>7. What was your least favorite moment in HP? </b>
When Sirius died, no doubt. I was a Sirius fan when I learned how he was connected to Harry and it broke my heart to see Harry's hope for a family member of sorts disappear just as quickly as he arrived. I think what's worse is that it was so unnecessary and could've been avoided if the MoM would've listened instead of made Harry the object of many jokes.

<b>8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)? </b>
The fantasy and the friendships, the adventure. All of it I guess. JK's story lines are also full of mystery which leave you wanting to know SO much more about the characters or situations which they're in. The friendships are so solid and the trio is able to overcome anything even with the occasional disagreement and more friendships are forming too (Ginny, Neville, etc...) instead of it just being Harry/Ron/Hermione as the series goes on. Overall, the entire magical world is like another country to me. It's so different from real life yet problems exist there too, it's an escape but a real life kind.

<b>9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line? </b>
My best friend is my fiancé so I'll use him for this one. It depends on the kind of danger he was in, I'd do anything to try and save him because I see my life without him and it looks dreary and bleak, not to mention my conscience wouldn't be able to exist if I hadn't tried to do something. I'd give up everything because I feel so strongly that he'd be worth it, even if it meant death for me.

<b>10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose? </b> Money hands down. I don't like being in the spot light, my every move and action analyzed like I'm on a big huge display. If I had a ton of money I'd be able to provide for myself as well as my loved ones but fame only leads to more complications in life that is already extremely difficult as it is.

<b>11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why? </b>
Another difficult one I see, hmmm. I'd probably say the day I got with my fiancé because it's led to so much more happiness and I was in a 3 year depressive slump before we got together, it was the light at the end of my tunnel because it truly was almost the end, the depression got so bad. Thankfully it's a total 180 but he was one of my saviors I believe, he helped make me who I am today.

<b>12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment? </b>
Relationships with family and friends. I love being able to just sit and talk about anything and everything with them because that’s how we are. We can talk about simple everyday things to serious discussions to personal problems which need to be discussed. My relationships are like open books, you get what you see. No cover-ups, no shields.

<b>13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why? </b>
I'd be ashamed that my father would've done something so cruel but chalked it up to boys being boys. Overall it wouldn't have changed my opinion of him because I never really got to know him. Lily was a sweet girl and I'd admire her more for standing up for the one being picked on. My biggest opinion change would be towards Snape, I’d see why he is so brutal and cold although I'm not quite sure It'd do much to improve my opinion when he continuously picks on me because I wasn't the one who harassed him, my father did.

<b>14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school? </b>
I'd be extremely excited but frightened at the same time. A totally different setting, different world actually. Leaving behind my family would be the hardest part of all but the anticipation would also be quite high up to see what kind of place I'd be heading to.

<b>15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why? </b>
I'd go back and spend more time with my uncle and grandfather who have passed away. Time is a valuable thing and I just wish I'd have cherished those memories and be able to make more. Looking back I've made mistakes but they've made me who I am today and I wouldn't want to change who I am because I'm getting to the point where I accept myself.

<b>16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation? </b> I'd have let them go because I honestly can't do confrontations against one person, let alone three.

<b>17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter. </b>
My mom. She's been there through everything I've gone through along with my sister and 2 brothers. She's one of the most caring and compassionate women I've ever met. She's helped me get through depression, dealt with us being kicked out of a house for my dad's alcoholism (still dealing with it), made sure our needs always came before her own, tried to give us everything we asked for even if it wasn't a necessity and she's understanding. When my sister was younger she allowed her boyfriend to move in with us because he had no place to go and now my fiancé lives here as well, due to unfortunate home circumstances. It was a no questions asked deal; he came over and immediately lived here. Her heart is enormous and I don't know anyone I'd rather be my mother or best friend because she is both.

<b>18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you? </b>
I kind of answered this in a tangent on my personalities one but anything my VC Andrews, specifically flowers in the attic because it is so incredibly twisted yet the explanations and style of writing are intriguing and make me continue to read until I've finished.

<b>19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline; you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why? </b>
I'm not going to lie, I've done it and I probably would depending on my confidence in how I did on the other questions. If I was borderline I'd try to save my skin by glancing over.

<b>20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why? </b>
I wasn't fond of Ron's reaction to Harry after this incident because knowing how strong their friendship should be/is after 3 years Ron should've known that Harry wouldn't go behind his back and do something like that. I know Ron was frustrated from Harry getting all the fame but it wasn't excusable.

<b>21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school? </b>
I was a math student. I excelled in facts/numbers/logic. Things that are solid and concrete. That being said, defense against the dark arts sounded intriguing and despite how much the trio despises potions, which seems fascinating to me as well. The end result would be worth all the work going into it.

<b>22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why? </b>
The Joke shop. I'm serious most of the time but a joke here or there always makes things a lot better so I'd buy some things to lighten the mood occasionally.

<b>23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? </b>
I think I'd take the path of a teacher of whichever subject I excelled at because often teachers make a huge impact upon their students and the teachers at Hogwarts have a relatively close relationship with their students, the kind I would like to have. I'm also afraid of extremely dangerous situations and in comparison to a job such as an auror it's on the safe side.

<b>24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that <u>you</u> value in others? </b>
They are no different than I am (if I was a pureblood). It's just like skin color, it's not something you choose so you shouldn't be looked down upon or insulted because of it. I value honesty, loyalty, and understanding. A person needs to be able to admit that others have faults and accept them instead of shunning them as a result and I like to surround myself with people who can understand I'm not perfect nor will I ever be.

<b>25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from? </b>
I wouldn't need the well of common sense and logic because I pride myself on having those traits solidly, often people have observed I'm <b>too</b> logical and stick close to facts beyond what I should. As much as I'd like to say beauty because I have a relatively low self-esteem I'm going to have to go with creativity because I have none. I can't do anything extremely artistic or out of the ordinary and I'd love to have that skill.

<b>26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain. </b>
I would've done what Harry did because he was loyal to Dumbledore and he had to promise that he would do it. A promise is a promise, especially when a relationship is that trusting such as between Harry and Dumbledore.

<b>27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)</b>

I like to sing in the shower (Except, I really don't. I can't sing to save my life)
I was referred by <ljuser="quintessenceanx">
This community seems so exciting, I can't wait to jump in and become a part of it!
Tags: hufflepuff
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 11 comments