Eva (nervoustic) wrote in _belong,
Eva
nervoustic
_belong

Music, Writing, and Elliott Smith

1. Name: Eva

2. Age: 15

3. Gender: Female

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?
As cliché as it is (the same as using the word "cliché") i really, really love reading, writing, drawing, and music. Not to say I am not an interesting person, at least I hope I am, but I am drawn to those sorts of arts. Odd as it is, I'm not exactly a die-hard HP fan. I love the books and reading them, but I'm not as intense as some people, or even most fans. As a writer/artist/general-pay-attentioner I observe things other people might not notice, or some things that are totally obvious. That also makes me more quiet and sort of stoic or apathetic.

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain. I think I relate most to Lupin. I understand that whole being-a-werewolf thing (just kidding). Honestly, the guy seems sort of awkward and I can be like that. I usually have the answers when my friends come to me, and my friends in general do come to me when they need someone to talk or for comforting, which is what Lupin feels like to me as a character. I also think he's sort of a wimp, and I'm not really all that much. Not to say I don't back out from things, or that I'm totally a renegade. My favorite character is Sirius. I loved his quietness, his outstanding personality, his way of loving and taking care of Harry so strongly, and his passion for everything. I went through a sixth grade "gothic badass" phase that I think a lot of teenagers go through, and I really enjoyed the way I could vividly picture his character being this skinny guy in black clothes with hair shrouding his face.

6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.
a. Gryffindor
For: I am strong-willed. I stand up for what is right, and I even think very passionately
Against. I am lazy, and I can't really decide sometimes what I stand for or believe in, and sometimes it changes within seconds.

b. Hufflepuff
For: I like to consider myself nice, friendly, caring, and loyal. I am open to other peoples beliefs, even if I don't get them, and I try to stand up for what I think is right.
Against: I am not really respectful sometimes, and I can be harsh in judging people.

c. Ravenclaw
For: I am very involved in my own thoughts and daydreams and general musings. I read a lot, a lot a lot, and I'm intelligent (although not exactly school-smart). I can be witty and quick, and I'm a general smart-ass.
Against: I have a sort of mental block against things I don't understand, and I'm really kind of slow in trying to learn things.

d. Slytherin
For: Uhh... I can be good at manipulating people...I guess...?
Against: I don't give a shit about winning and getting ahead, I feel happy for other people when they do well, I have no goals, I'm lazy and inactive in getting what I want.

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP? Pretty much anytime I knew that Snape was evil and Harry didn't. Sirius dying was a real bummer; I almost cried at that. I really hated when Harry was bitching out Hermione and Ron, and some of Ron's more stubborn moments. Although all of that is weirdly loveable.

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)? I really like the friendship, the plotlines. I like how, as someone said, JK Rowling drops "anvil clues" on you about Ron and Hermione but she still lets that relationship bud on its own. I like the people who follow it (the "fans" one might say). I like the characters, the character development. I don't like how sometimes it goes so slowly, but overall I think the books are worth reading, and I always like that in a book.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line? Honestly, it depends on which friend. The only person I think I would really give my life for is my little brother (acheronwalthers). But I have little to no boundaries, so my friends would be pretty safe in my hands when it comes to me sticking up for them or backing them up.

10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose? Money. I would give it to my dad and mom to pay off their debts, and then to my brother so he could use it for whatever he wanted. I would save some of it for myself, but, at least right now, there's not all that much I want.

11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why? It would change too frequently. A lot of times when I'm feeling down and then my day suddenly changes and becomes so happy I find it memorable. Right now, it would be going out really, really early in the morning to my high school football field with one of my best friends and then drinking bad coffee and lying down in golf courses and running through sprinklers and napping. That was nice. And also a run-on sentence, sorry.

12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment? Probably people. I get a kick out of people, the things they do, watching them, understanding them, not understanding them. They frustrate me, but they also intrigue me and amaze me. I get a lot of joy from people. Fulfillment, not so much. Fulfillment from my environment and books and writing and words. I don't know if I've found the one thing that fulfills my life yet. But words and books seem to do the trick for as long as I can remember.

13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why? Peter I think of the same, really. James I always thought of as sort of cocky. I would be disappointed that my father, or someone who I had shaped as this noble, gentlemanly figure was such a...teenager. Sirius I also think is the same, although much more forward. It's something you might expect from him. Lily I don't really know that much about, but obviously she changed if she had so much disgust for him and then gave birth to his child. Remus I think was much less awkward and scared of his whole chronic werewolfism
and fear of other people. I think he was still sort of a wimp, but it comes out less wimpy and more like just a caring person. Snape? Well, Snape I still think is a dick. But I think, first and foremost, he was a nerd. And it is hard to be a nerd. It's hard to be a nerd and a dick, but I think if you're a nerd then you've already got that card against you.

14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school? God, I would be terrified. I have an anxiety disorder, and the thought of leaving my house would probably scare me shitless. I would be excited about magic though, and being able to fly on a broom and cast spells and do all these things I would've only read about.

15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why? I would probably visit all my really happy memories, like the one I wrote about earlier, or making a movie with my brother, or being around people I love.

16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation? Ahaahaha. I would like to believe I would be sleeping, but my recent insomnia is discouraging. If I were in Neville's position, I would probably want to go with them. If I couldn't, I would tell them to be careful and let them go. I'm really not competitive. I'd love to say I'd take one for the team and try to stop them, but I'm too lazy. I'd figure, "they're going to go anyway. There's three of them. I can't watch them all night. It's their own business. It's just points."

17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter. Markus Zusak, my friend and author. He is amazing. I don't think he really overcame these really tough obstacles from life or anything, but I think anything he did go through he went through well. He is a brilliant writer, very poetic but not wimpy about it. He has all these stories that he can put down, he listens, is caring, funny, understanding. Generally brilliant.

18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you? God, there's too many. There's not even lists of them. Right now it's probably "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. It's about WWII and nazis and the holocaust, which interests me to the point of being almost disturbing, and it's about the power of words to manipulate things and make things happen. That will probably change the next time I read a book that impresses me as much, but it's been pretty stalwart in first for a while now.

19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline, you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why? I probably would. Actually, I'd probably pretend that I wasn't, and then do it "by accident" so I wouldn't feel so bad about it. If I really liked the teacher I might not. Of course, if I really liked the teacher, chances are I'd try harder and wouldn't be failing in the first place.

20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why? Ron was definitely right to be jealous. But I think he was out of line in not trusting Harry. Harry was reasonable in the fact that his friend was accusing him of something he didn't do. Although I think both of them could have handled the situation better.

21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school? Defense Against the Dark Arts. I love that. In school the only class I'm really good at is English. Everything else I'm mediocre to bad at.

22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why? Two Broomsticks. Butterbeer. Mmmmm.

23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? I used to really want to be an Auror. I still think I might be OK at it, although I do have some sissy tendencies that might hold back my abilities. But probably Defense Against the Dark Arts.

24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others? I think if you're a wizard you're a wizard, the same way if you're a person you're a person. In others I think you need to be a generally good person. I don't care if you like money or if you hate books or whatever, but if you're racist (I don't mean you can't tell jokes or mess around-- I mean honestly racist) or you look down on others, I probably won't want to be around you. Not to say some people aren't stupid and deserve to be made fun of. As terrible as that is, it's true. But a sense of humor and an in-check self worth is necessary.

25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from? I don't think I would need the Well of Creativity. I'm pretty much creative already, depsite the occasional dry spot of inspiration, and I think the Well of Common Sense and Logic would be good, because, while I have common sense, I lack in the ability to accept logic.

26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain. Dumbledore is much, much wiser than I am as a 15/16 year old. If I made a promise (technically with me I would pinky-swear) I would keep it. I wouldn't want to feed Dumbledore the potion, but if he told me to continue, I'd have to accept the fact that he knows what he's doing, at least more than I do.

27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.) 1. I like to sing in the shower. 2. I heard about it from 2_lines
Tags: ravenclaw
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 18 comments