Leiutenant George. (chasingwords) wrote in _belong,
Leiutenant George.
chasingwords
_belong

The Libertines

1. Name: Ciara

2. Age: 18

3. Gender: Female

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?
Well, my ultimate passion, sans none, is music. Be it playing, writing, singing, listening, anything. It just makes me happy...well scratch that, because it doesn't always make me happy, but it makes me feel. I did theory music for eight years, which makes it so much easier to pick up instruments, which I do quite a bit. In the last two years or so I've picked up the tin whistle, the harmonica, the guitar and the bass, as well as singing. In fact I really want to be bob dylan, so I'm trying to co-ordinate myself with the singing and the harmonica and that. I write songs...well that might be a very gratious way to put it, more I write poetry and try to put some basic chords to it. It's like this beatles story I heard once though, George (who may be my joint favourite person in the world) was always writing songs and bringing them in to the boys, in the early days, and they'd be like 'George thats justa chuck berry song with new lyrics'. That's what always happens to me, I write something and then I realise Morrissey or Belle and sebastian (for they are the two i infinitly seem to rip off) have already written it.
I'm essentially more of a writer than a musician , though like I said music is my passion (if we can have secondary passions then writing and lit is mine). Mostly poetry, because it seems to be more natural to me, but I try to push myself to try everything writing wise, and I suppose I've covered them all. I've done poetry, prose, screenplay, drama and songs, so yeah, I've basically done them all. I write for my unis litsoc (literary society) paper, which is online too, here is me bio, I being Ciara Burke. Anyway, the poetry I have up on that site isn't my favourite that I've written...hell you said waffle away, and my last ap was too short, so I think the best way to get to know me is to look into my head read my favourite poem that i've written. It's called the Libertine..yus. It's about my life..well sort of. It's more a fictional output for my emotions.

The Libertine

And Midnights pissed with Cheap champagne
and 10p plastic cups, we're sprawled across
the lawn with our hearts hanging out
All that's in my mind is contempt
for everything and nothing, my fingers
in my ears to block out the shouting
and she's dripping her life into me
and I have no will to stop her so
I plug my fingers in my ears.
And with the fucking food poisoning
and the wrecked guitars all we've
got is a hope that tomorrow might
be better, and maybe we might get there.

And Middays fucked on Cheap cocaine
and 10p condoms, thrown across the lawn
same old places we left behind and same
old faces we'll never forget, cause we
can't really, its what we are. And
she just looks at me and cries but
whats the point of tears in this big
city, where every day a baby dies and
another writer drops off the face of the
earth, too hard too hot and just aching
for the passion he left in his fucked up home.
And he's throwing up in the elevator, a
needle hanging off his arm; despair.

And Andy's screwed with five pound notes
stuffed up her nose, licking the final
chalky spots off her fingers, bloody knees
from where she acted like a drag queen on
the concrete steps. And I have more than
enough four letter words to describe this place
and its white walls we can't afford to paint.
You think its all about romance and ecstacy
when you're a kid, you just ache for the day
you fuck off into your dream; but in the end
no matter where you go you still have the
same headaches. We're all lost children,
we don't have no parents and we never grow up.

But midnights high on childish dreams and
glazy eyes that wished for a better world
I'm dribbling romantic poetry waiting for
my life to take hold. Maybe this is life and
maybe we, me and andy, maybe we have it made.
I've got ambition and I've got imagination,
I imagine a city with four drunk boys walking
with guitars and I imgine a girl with hair
you couldnt even dream of wrapped around my fingers.
And its all parody, a parody of songs about
true love and rock n roll. And maybe with our
cheap champagne its brighter here than anywhere else
and maybe we've got it fucking made.

Okay, what else. I am riddiculously limited with my persuits and interests, since I really really focus on expressive art, ie the writing and the music...I love love love photography, though I'm certinaly not anything but amateur..I did concider studying it in uni, but really i couldnt NOT study english. I just couldnt resist. lol. Yep, I paint too.

I love collecting things. I was collecting polaroids, but film is so expensive..I think I've taken about 100 by now, and I just love flippng through them, and I stick one on my door everyday, to reflect my mood. It always brightens me up, as I (am biploar actually) prone to depressive bouts and I just need things to cheer me up. Then I collected photobooth pictures, and that was FANTASTIC. I got loads with my mates, and my lj friends sent me some of them in the mail, which is probably the best thing you can get in the mail. It's a perfect wee collection. Now I'm collecting 12" vinyl, as they are so so cheap and I love bragging over my hooge collection of vintage baby vinyl, though I suppose 12"s are anything but vintage baby. My dad passed on all of his vinyl to me, which made my life basically. I actualy own an original copy of the white album by the beatles, avec les pictures...George, le siiigh.

Other things I like to do: Drawing, Painting, Making t-shirts, writing letters to people, writing letters to myself, decorating my room, buying posters, laughing, crying sometimes, pretending I dont like godawful chick flicks (Ooh thats another thing I forgot to mention - i ADORE film. I'm a film minoR!), soccer, watching soccer, playing soccer, soccer shirts, yes, em..snooke actually lol, being dry humoured and snarky, moaning etc.

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.
Okay Sirius without a shadow of a doubt. I've thought about this a lot, since I last applied. I can really really get the whole 'misunderstood' thing and not in an emo way >.> I'm not going to start quoteing MCR or anything, not that I know any MCR, because Im not actually emo lol. But yeah, I think people misunderstand me a lot. I'm really really not the way I'm percieved in RL, people seem to get it right enough online I suppose but even there they wouldn't be right. I'm quite a fun loving, chatty and sarcastic person, like sirius and i loooooooove playing tricks on people, especially my best friend because she is so gullible. This is the side of me people usually see when they meet me for the first time, but there's a lot more than that, because when I'm on my own, and incidently online and that, I'm extremely introverted and ..shy? No not shy, but self-loathing and under-confident. I dont know, I guess I'm just one of those people who will never quite like who they are. That's the darker side of me, and it's the side not many see I suppose...my friend once said to me that I'm the kind of person who will always be myself, even if i hate who i happen to be, and she admired that, and that meant so much to me, because thats the one thing im proud of, not letting people, or even myself, change who i am, because I know with all my vices and paranoias (is that a word when pluralised?) that i have good qualities, and i have a lot to say, and i know i'll say them. I'm really really...forceful with my opinion? I think siruis is too..you know, he's very opinionated and not afriad of who he offends...I dont like to offend people, but if i feel it needs to be said, then ill say it without remorse.

6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.
a. Gryffindor
For: I hate rules, I hate them so much. When I was in school I used to get so upset because I hated the way teachers treated us. I didnt break the rules much, because I was a lazy and slightly shy bugger, but I just wanted to all the time..not just for the sake of it either, beacuse of things I believed in. I was forever fighting with my religion teacher because of his opressive opinions. I mean COME ON...grr, I went to a convent see, I just felt that i needed to put that in there...anyay religion was compulsary and I just couldnt STAND the crap they shovelled into us, i mean ..catholicism is brainwashing food if its misapplied as they DO in schools..anyway yeah, i think thats slighty gryffindor, sticking up for what you believe in without regards for breaking rules. I think I'm brave in that I dont care what happens to me, once you dont mistreat other people or opress them. I cant stand injustice or opression and I just..grrrrr. It's like I'm shy, but in times of need I know what I have to do.
Against. I'm not quite as brave as I'd like to be, sometimes I just wish I could do more, but I just dont know how..and so much happens in the world that makes me down and makes me want to be a better person, but I dont know whats holding me back..i make excuses to myself to like justify my lack of action. I'm in greenpeace, PETA and amnesty international, but i just dont feel like im doing enough, and i think thats because im scared.

b. Hufflepuff
For: I think Hufflepuffs are accepting and I'm proud to say that is one of my greatest qualities, I really just cannot stand racism and homophobia and sexism and every such injustice...guuuuuh. I just honestly cannot even understand why colour or sex could even be a problem or a factor in determining someones worth. What gives people the right to be so fucking self-righteous and ...it angers me beyond belief. I'm loyal, I really am .I dont know, the amount of times I've had friends go behindmy back and that..it's just not right, so I always try to be loyal.
Against: I'm not a very hard worker. In fact I really don't work at all.

c. Ravenclaw
For: I'm smart. Not in a bragging way, but yeah I am. It's not actually something I'm in any way proud of but I am. I have an IQ of 148 but basically i think IQ is bullcrap. I'm a reader and a writer so my persuits are genearlly academic also. I want to be a lecturer of English (so I can write on the side) because I like the idea of giving some of my passion to someone else.
My friend Lucinda says I'm the wisest person she knows, which always seems strange to me, cause mostly I say the most painfully obvious things, because when I'm advising someone, I usually know firsthand. I dont think I'm wise, I just think I've lived.
Against: You see, though I am smart or whatever, I really dont care about it, it means nothing to me. Well I SUPPOSE it does a little, but not relaly. I Never work in school, I just..under perform. Well I do good most of the time, which sickens people and I Feel guilty, but all the same, intellect just isn't important to me. I also may be a little....well im not very poised and self contained. I'm rather...obscure.

d. Slytherin
For: I feel people dont understand me, and prejudge me, so I think thats a slytherin state. I also feel sometimes, however scary it is, that I'm always on the brink of doing something horrible..not that that is slytherin or owt, but just like...i find i think dark things, I'm cynical i suppose. I do think that i have the power in myself to do whatever I want..that sounded scary and I didnt mean it how it sounded, all i mean is i think i alone determine whats going to happen in my life, and if i care enough i can make it happen...
Against:...problem is i dont care enough. like i said before, i have ZERO drive or ambition. I am just not bothered with getting power or anything, i'm happy to achieve my own personal goals...though I am shy I do like the spotlight a little...>.> I'm a bit of a narcissist.

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?
Okay I've changed my mind on this one. My least favourite thing (though its not a moment sorry) in harry potter is harrys relationship with cho. I HATE her, and they just dont seem to fit at all, so i never really understood why that was in there in the first place. They're so different, which is good in most relationships, but the way they are different is that he has complexity and she is as dry as shite..there's just nothing going on up there *points to her brain or lack thereof*

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?
The escape from reality. It's a magical world, that my dillusional mind still half believes exists. I kind of do believe it, that there's magic out there somewhere, becuase there has to be, there HAS to be. even if i never see it, i like to think its there. I also like that, although its an escape from reality, it also, paradoxically, carries some of our world into it. the humanity of it and the same issues..i can see myself in there and everyone i know, but at the same time it lets me fly!

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?
everything. I dont value my life, and i would want them to do soemthing better with theirs than i could ever do with mine. I see myseld underachieving, and not getting what i want becase of my laziness. to be honest i think im afriad of success. Im afraid i'll get there, where i want to be, and find out it wasnt what i thought it to be. im afriad that i wont be happy. im like, promising myself that when im where i want to be, then i will finally be happy, but im afraid i wont be..

10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose?
money, im kind of terrified of fame, everyone looking at me O.O I like the spotlight in a sense, but in a more subtle way

11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?
Nothing, honestly, because I dont believe in looking back. I really don't. It just nullifies our existence. Everything, our life, our past, sure it makes us who we are, but at the same time it can hold us back...looking into our past, it doesnt hold any value, you have too look forward, becase thats whats important, not who you were, but who you are going to be.

12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?
MUSIC! yes. yes. yes. It gives me the joie de vivre. I wouldnt say it excites me per se, though gigs and that, being bashed around at a babyshambles gig, while pete doherty arses around singing' what did i dream? nothing's as it seems on the way back down for me' i've learned thats a every exciting feeling. I never really feel fulfilled, i dont know i feel like no matter what i do im not there, where i want to me, and i suppose success is never enough for me.

13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?
I would have been appalled by james and sirius, they were twats lets face it. It would have been horrible to have this vision of the way things were and to have that ruined. but at the same time i think it was important for harry to see his dad like that, because people arent perfect and we cant have such expectations. people make mistakes, and they change and they move on. I think i would have admired lily so much, because it takes a real hero to see soemthing is wrong and to step in thats what i really admire. remeus, i wouldnt respect him too much, because he wasnt brave enough to do anything, ...real courage is being scared shitless and still doing what you know is right.

14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school?
O_O <--- my face. it would have been my dreams come true, to know that i could go somewhere completely devoid of my human boundaries...gah, when i was eleven i was bullied a lot and that would have been my ideal.

15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why?
No, for the same reasons as question eleven.

16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation?
No I WOULdnt have stopped them beucase scholarly merit means nothing to me, as johnny rotton said, the rules are made to br broken..i dont like rules. And frankly it wasnt really any of his business..plus..i mean, i dont know, i woudlnt care one bit aour points.

17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter. #
Oskar Schindler. He was a man that (like i said above) saw what was wrong with the world, ie nazi germany, and though he was a business man with a lot to lose, he did something..he was by no means perfect, and i think thats what i admire so much..he WASNT perfect, h was a normal man, but he did it because it was the right thing to do and he saved so many lives...theres just something amazingly amazingly attractive about him..he's so human, and in that way i can relate to him, and i dont think i can admire someone i cant realate to....i just like the fact that he's not this superhuman superhero person like ghandi or whatever..he's aman, who made mistakes, but who, when it came to crunchtime, stood up and did what he had to do. now THAT is courage and integrity

18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?
Catcher inthe rye because i am a psychopathic, cynical sexually repressed boy. Okay only three of those four are right, and heres a clue all of the adjectives are correct. No I just love being inside someones head, someone whos mind happens to work just like mine does. Its got a wondefully ...cynicism, but at the same time its optimistic, in a childlike 'what the world should be like' way, which is very often what i'm like..im a cynic and im a pessimist, but on a paradoxical level, i am in every sense of the word an idealist. I can't believe we cant have it all,and we cant have a better world, because without my hope and my ideals i would be dead. I was nearly dead so many times, three times i even made the plunge, but i always came back, because i really do belive (i have to) theres soemthing better (and not even in a religious way, im agnostic). Yup its for all these reasons i love cathcher.

19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline, you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why?
hAHAHAH yes i honestly would look , because exams are generally crap and I find it hard to make myself feel guilty...i suppose id feel a little bad in the sense that i abused their trust, and that they did the work and i didnt..but you know its not going to harm anyone, and thats the deciding point isnt it, if it hurts someone then i would never ever do it, but if it doesnt then whats the big deal?

20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?
I think Ron acted like a plank, but i never really did like ron much. He let his jealousy overcome any feelings of loyalty he should have felt. He felt it easier to accuse harry of lying than to face the actualities of his own insecurities and downfalls. He annoyed me a lot. I think harrys reaction was justified.

21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school? e
defese against the dark arts..i would have loved to be in the class where moody taught them of the three unforgivable spells..i dont know that depth of power kind of attracts me but scares the crap out of me at the same time. I dont know, its not that id ever use dark magic, but id like to see how it works, if even just to understand it..its so attractive, im kind of attracted to dark things anyway..ive always wondered waht it would be like to do pagan magic actually..

22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why?
Honeydukes, I LOVE SWEETS and the huge variety of them and all the different things they do..im actually a sigar addict in real life anyway, so i dont see why id be much different if i were in hogsmeade. mmm...also the shreiking shack, just bcause im curious amd i love a good ghos story and that...id be scared out of my wits but id still go, too good of an oppertunity to pass up.

23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why?
Auror, I love the idea of my life being filled with adventure a la peter pan my second favourite book...i think id be crap at it though because i find it hard to draw lines between good and bad and it seems a very black and white carreer..id be a writer in magical life too probably.

24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?
We are all the same, full stop. People need to stop stop stop seeing people at face value, its so so judgemental and on top of that its so self righteous! i mean the cheek, to think you honestly have the right to judge other people..

25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?
I'd go for creativity because its what im most attracted to. its also my forte, and id like to excell at something...er, though since its the only one i have its probably the one id need least, but i dont care, i dont really want any of the rest...id be least likely to go for logic and reason because i like the iea of the magical and the creative and logic is just boring and can ruin people..

26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain.
I wouldnt have been brave enough..id feel so bad, and i know its for selfish reasons but id have to have stopped feeding it to him..i just couldnt do that to someone, even though i know its the right thing to do..harry was right in what he did, i just dont think im personally brave enough to do that..id have just felt to bad...id have felt he was better off living over me, even if it meant i died.

27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)
Well, I would like it to be noted that I sing in the shower.
What else? Well I think it's been covered, but this is me, so you can put a face to the name and picture me in whatever robes ;__;...actually no no have me with my mildly harry potter hair here
i hope this ap was long enough, i tried to be to the point but give you enough to judge me on...i really want to be in the comm, anyway vote vote!
ooh i was refered my mellow_cellist on 2_lines
Tags: gryffindor
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 9 comments