2. Age: Sixteen
3. Gender: Female
4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?
I`m in a serious relationship, so a big majority of my time I spend with my boyfriend (or my friends), and I wouldn`t have it any other way. Him and my friends have made me a better person just because they are in my life. I also love reading and writing. I write daily. Sometimes it is just easier for me to get down my thoughts on paper. It also feels like sometimes when I am just sitting and thinking and writing and truly thinking about things, I mature more in an hour than I normally would in a year. I also do downhill skiing and snowboarding, and love music and going to concerts and shows. Music has had a big impact on my life, and has the power to change my mood by just listening to a certain song.
5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.
That`s a hard one. I relate myself a lot to Luna. She defends her beliefs and is also very random. She also doesn`t care much about what people think about her, which is definately a strong quality that I have. We also both have lost our mothers, and have been through a hard past, but I think that is part of what makes her who she is, and I can say that also for myself. So though I`m not as out-there as Luna is, I still feel like I can relate to her in a lot of ways.
My favorite character (though I know it`s very cliche) would have to be Hermione. She has so much common sense and knowledge and it always helps her and the others to get out of the messes they get in. I also love how she always goes the extra step in things and does more than she needs to. She`s a real overachiever and accomplishes a lot that way, and I really admire that. She`s very unlike me in the way that she always follows the rules and does so well in school, and the fact that we are so different makes me really like reading about her.
6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.
For: I`m very courageous and outgoing. I`m not scared easily. I also (at least try) to help others a lot. Loyalty is very important to me too, and I`m a very loyal and honest person. They also stick up for themselves and their friends when they are in need.
Against. I`m not always the best at making the right decisions, or making decisions in general, and I tend to overanalyze situations.
For: I`m there for people when they need it and I`m a very good friend. If ever one of my friends is in need, I will do anything for them. I`m also good with getting along with all types of people and have a big diversity in my group of friends.
Against: I am very blunt and straight forward, even if it is in a bad way. I fight for what I believe in, and I think that usually Hufflepuffs don`t really get into that many arguements, where I love arguing and getting my point across.
For: I have good common sense and I`m smart. Also, Ravenclaws seem to have good luck with romance, and as I said earlier, I`m in a serious relationship so I relate that way. I also catch on to things very quickly and take pride in what I accomplish.
Against: Though I`m very smart, I don`t always use that the best that I can. And I am a hard worker if I want to be, though if it is something that I don`t really want to do, I probably won`t put that much effort into it and will just do what I can to get by or get it done.
For: I`m very determined. If I want to do something, I will find a way to do it. They take risks, which is something that I`m known for doing. I can also be a pretty big bitch sometimes. Okay, make that a lot of times. (Don`t mind my language.) I also go against the rules a lotttt. I find it fun to see what I can get away with.
Against: Though I will admit to making fun of people sometimes, (hey, everyone does.) I try not to do it frequently or make fun of someone for no reason at all. I`m also not at all a negative person, I`m usually a big optimist.
7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?
Definately the death of Sirius Black. He was one of my favorite characters and I really admired him. I cried. :X
8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?
I really like the fantasy aspect. It`s unlike most things that I read. I also love reading about the trouble and adventures that they all get themselves into and love how you can never predict what is going to happen next. It`s fun to watch the characters mature through the books and see how they change and adapt.
9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?
I would definately lay my life down for my friends. They mean more than the world to me and I would be nothing without them. When my friends are down, I might not be able to pick them back up, but if I can`t, I will always lay down right next to them.
10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose?
I guess I would have to say money. I don`t mean that to be greedy, but I don`t know how I would like fame, and constantly being in the public eye. I`m not going to lie, I really like attention. But I would hate having to constantly be worried about people catching me doing something or doing something and then having it be written all over the papers and magazines the next day. I like to just live my life the way I want to live it, not having everyone critique everything I do, which comes along with fame.
11. If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?
It would have to be one of the times I spent with my mom. My mother died when I was thirteen years old, and I was very close with her and miss her more than anything, and being able to just see a time with her would be more than I could ever ask for. My life has changed so much without her in it and the memories are the only things that will never change.
12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?
Love. There is nothing better than it. It`s giving up everything that you thought was important for someone who makes you forget what was important to begin with. It`s thrilling and can make you feel completely alive. It makes everything perfect. It`s having someone who you can`t get enough of. It`s a difficult word to define, and it`s impossible to live without. It`s powerful enough to transform you completely and if offers more than any material possession ever could.
13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?
I would feel really bad, though it would explain a lot. I think after seeing this it explains a lot better why Snape hates Harry. It would be so disappointing to watch your father, who you have heard such great things about, do that. It made me feel bad for Snape.. and I was really disappointed in James` decisions and actions. I think Lily did the right thing, and she stood up for what she thought was right.
14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school?
I would be really excited. I love going to new places and meeting new people. I also love learning new things.. so I`d love to learn about magic and would be really interested in where I could do with it.
15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why?
Again, I`d go back to when my mother was alive, right before she passed away. I`d tell her how much I loved her since I never got to say goodbye. (I don`t mean to keep bringing this up, haha, but it`s the one thing that I would have really liked to do.)
16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation?
I`m the kind of person who would probably just ask my friends if I could go with them. Haha.
17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.
I would have to say my dad. He`s a single parent, and he does anything he can to help me out. He puts others before himself constantly and shows more love than I have ever seen someone show. I admire everything that he has done and everything that he has overcome. He`s such a strong person and I wish that I was as strong as he is.
18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?
Perks of a Teenage Wallflower, hands down. I love it. It`s so thought-provoking and I just love the writing style. The main character in some ways is a lot like me, and some way is completely different which makes me just love reading it and love reading how he reacts to situations.
19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline, you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why?
Yeah, I would. If my grade was that important and I wanted to pass that badly, than I would look to advance myself. (Though I know it isn`t right to cheat, I wanted to give an honest answer.)
20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?
I think Ron went overboard and should have believed Harry, but I do understand why he was mad. I think that Harry had a right to be mad too, I would have been mad if my best friend didn`t believe me because I place trust above everything in my friendships.
21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school?
I would love Charms. It would be so fun to be able to cast spells.. and it is something where I would always want to learn more. I excel most in reading/writing at school, probably because it`s something that I like doing.
22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why?
The Three Broomsticks! I love little places like that where I can just hang out with my friends and talk.
23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why?
Probably teaching. I love teaching people and I love kids and work well with them. I`m good at thinking of interesting ways to help people learn things and I work well with others, so I think that I would be a good teacher.
24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?
I hate it when people are judged by things other than their personality and how they treat others. Some qualities that I admire in people is the ability to put others before themselves and loyalty. It`s so important to me that people mean what they say and can keep promises.
25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?
I would most definately drink out of the Well of Common Sense and Logic. I think common sense is one of the most important things for someone to have and that and logic are qualities which I could constantly be using to my advantage and to further my life.
I wouldn`t drink from the Well of Beauty, for obvious reasons. I don`t want to be judged by how I look and don`t do that to other people. I think personality is the most important thing.
26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain.
I think it is right and I would have done the same thing, even if it was really hard. He was listening to what Dumbledore told him to do, and that is what he should have done, though it would be really hard and take a lot of strength.
27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)
There`s not really anything. :] And I credit my coming here to Sam. (bulemicrainbow) I saw this site in her user info or something and I came here and looked around and really wanted to join. I also like to sing in the shower. :]