Asako Michiru (asako_michiru) wrote in _belong,
Asako Michiru
asako_michiru
_belong

Anime~

1. Name: Aynsley, better known as Michiru

2. Age: 16

3. Gender: female

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?
Anime: I think it effects me because it makes me more open-minded, and also gives me insight into another culture. It let's me see the language, the customs, and social interactions, all of which interest me. Not only that, but much of it had very deep, philosophical themes at times, and it's hard to find something that deep or thought-inspiring, sometimes leading you to question yourself and your morals (Death note did this to me) in American culture, although that is just my opinion.
Cosplay/Sewing: I think this has lead to me being more creative and resourceful, since trying to work something 2-D into 3-D is a pain in the arse most of the time. But It's fun besides all that, and I guess it adds to my personality by making me more diverse.
Languages: I love foreign languages, music, and culture. It's interesting to know them and compare them to English, and I just think it's amazing to see how different countries even side by side the the US and Mexico and Canada can differ so much. This contributes to me by not only making me curious, but also more understanding of different people and customs, as well as a bit more aware of how things work in the real world.
Music: I love music, and it's a big part of who I am. It inspires me, it comforts me, and it is almost like an extension of my soul when I play trumpet/piano or sing. I listen to varied languages and typed, and I don't discriminate against much except rap. I like rock, pop, techo, jazz, blues, R&B, big-band era, Latin Choral, classical, country, French, Spanish, English, German, Japanese, and Latin. Once again, I think it just broadens my horizons into different things, and sometimes it can even let you see into a whole nother time and place when you listen to it, and bring you into tune with emotions you may have forgotten were there. That's how I feel, at least.
History: I'm an academic person, you'll notice. History is another passion I have, because I find it fascinating to look at the past and connect it to things that are going on now. I feel a tie to certain eras, as if I belong there moreso than here, and I love reading about things that seem familiar and yet so distant at the same time. It's also incredible to see what some people overcame, such as with the French Revolution and the World Wars. This makes me more aware of situations, and maybe more analytical as a person of situations, because I can see where the repeats are in the HIstory books of modern-day happenings. (Such as America almost becoming a modern French-Revolution type with the way it's going now, and I don't mean to be discriminative, but that's how I perceive it.)
Academics: I detest math, but English/Chemistry/Psychology/etc. are all very interesting to me. I like to learn new things, experience what a time era was like through literature, see how neatly organized our world is through chemistry, and studying the human psyche is just incredibly amazing. Once again, I think this just opens me more up and makes me more learned and intelligent; I can empathize with others and see problems and fix them, and I'm a great source of information and pretty much the out-spoken leader among my friends who knows what to do to help those around me, help myself, get what I want, and fix whatever I don't like to the best of my ability.
Crime/Law/Historical shows/movies: CSI, Law and Order, Forensic Files, Cold Case, etc. etc... they make me think, they challenge my knowlege of things, and they intrigue me. Also, many a time they include that dry, almost dark humor I'm fond of, while opening up your mind to what really happens out there. I also religiously watch M*A*S*H, and enjoy Kingdom of Heaven and King Arthur. You get to see what war is REALLY like, what the world looked like back then with all the fake glory stripped away, and I like that. Once again, broadening my horizons and making me more aware as a person; and also making me more sympathetic to the plights of others, because I've seen (though fictitously, it's still quite effective) how bad things can get in the world, and how much things can suck.
Being around friends: I like to talk to my friends and be around them at times, because I like to talk to others. I'm a talkative person who likes to share my ideas and knowlege with others, as well as gain a better understanding of other people. I also like to just hand out and relax, so I guess you could say that it makes me more sociable and a bit lazy.
Role Playing: Pretending to be someone Im not is a good way to release stress and also to be able to see things from other people's points of view. I may be stubborn and argumentative, but I can see other people's points of view.
And if I won't accept them, I can at least calculate ways of making myself seem smarter in an arguement. So, I guess that makes me more... cunning, or at least wiser and more empathic.

and I'll stop there because this is getting too long, I think.
5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.
This is always tough for me to pick, because I relate to alot of the characters in different ways. But I think I can relate to Harry the most as he gets older; I almost caused a friend to die because I didn't say anything about my suspicious of her anorexia and cutting and depression, I wasn't liked as a younger kid but now I am more accepted, I'm like a ringleader in a small group of friends, and I can be a bloody stubborn pain in the rump when I really want to be. I also care alot for those close to me and I can even take pity on my enemies at times (Unless I REALLY hate them), and I tend to sorta stick out even if I don't want to.
My favorite character... I don't really have one. I will say that I really like Draco after the sixth book, and the twins have always brought a smile to my face. They sort of remind me of my one friend and myself, so I guess it's deja vu reading what they do. Except that she and I are a might bit calmer than Fred and George, and aren't as big on jokes as we are just cynical and fangirlish and strange.
6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.
a. Gryffindor
For: I'm brave when it comes down to needing to do something and stand up for myself or someone I care about, and I'll stand up for what I believe in no matter what the consequences. I don't care if I offend people, because if it's what I believe I dont' see why I need to keep quiet because someone doesn't agree with me. I'm bold, to the point of obnoxiousness at times, but that's what I believe.
Against. I'm not very chivalrious unless I like you. And that's only sometimes. I speak my mind, and being nice to people is... well, it only happens to a select few, the rest being introduced to my saracasm, pessimissm, and high and mighty nasty comments at times, when I get fed up with them.

b. Hufflepuff
For: If I consider you a friend, I am always there for you. I am loyal and dedicated, and I'll do what I can to help friends through anything, no matter what.
Against: I'm not very nice to people I don't like, as I've said. And if someone betrays my trust and loyalty to them... I find the best ways to make them suffer as I can. Normally by letting the right things slip to the right people, of course. Also, I'm not very patient nor do I like to work. I'm lazy, and I procrastinate.

c. Ravenclaw
For: I like to learn, and I enjoy holding intelligent conversations. Stupid people annoy me. Greatly. I get fed up with incompetent people very easily, because I know more from my interest and openness to other people and places and my ability to strike up conversation with pretty much anyone. Another thing is that I absorb things pretty quickly if I give a bit of effort, especially languages and facts. Plus, people tell me I'm too smart for my own good, as well as far too worried about my grades.
Against: I only like to learn what I want to learn. Also, I hate studying. I put it off to the last possible moment, then study for maybe an hour at most (though I do well). Also, I dont like paying attention. I have no real span; I daydream in class, there are doodles all over my notes... I don't like applying myself. I'm insanely lazy.

d. Slytherin
For: I'm ambitious. Most of my drive to do anything academically is so that I can get what I want later in life. I want to get into a good college, be able to travel when I get a good job, and I want to be better than the idiots I go to school with who think I'm weird and my hobbies (especially anime) are "stupid". I want to prove to them that I can make something of myself with them, and that I can be better than them. Also, I can be pretty cunning; I suck up to people in power (sometimes without meaning to) and use that to my advantage. And, as I stated before, I don't like stupid people; and while I tolerate them mainly because I'm too nice to say "go to hell", even though I have on some bad days, I find uses for them to make it all worthwhile, and get them to do things for me that I don't want to do myself.
Against: I've been told I'm too nice to be a Slytherin, and it may also be because I'm more accepting than many Slytherin are. I'm pretty open-minded and helpful, and I guess I'm not as "all about me" as most of them seem to strike me as.

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP? Hmmm... Besides Sirius dying, because that just SUCKED and upset my fangirling self... When Pettigrew got away back in the third book. That little bastard should have payed for what he did, and I couldn't stand to see that ratty little worm get away and run back to his Master. Coward.
8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)? Everything. I like fantasy, so I like the magical aspect, but I also love the plot (it makes me think), the characters because they seem so real, how it can STILL be relatable to real life (I have a gym teacher so much like Umbridge/Filch that I makes me sick), and... everything.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line? Depends what friend it was, I guess, but I'd probably try and find a way out of it for both of us. I'm pretty good at screwing with people's minds, so I could probably work something out; I'm also fairly adept at reading people's personalities from a few minutes of talking, and so I could try and save us both. But otherwise... I'm not sure. I probably would lay my life on the line, because I'm a very proud and noble person who cares about those close to me and wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of not even having TRIED to save them. But if I knew there was nothing I could do... I'm not sure if I wouldn't try or if I would. I probably still would, but I think it also depends on how dangerous it is for myself.

10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose? MONEY. These two things may go hand in hand most times, but at least if I have money, I can still hide behind the scenes. I like my privacy, and if I had paparazzi all over the place I'd probably try to kill them at least once. Maybe more, until I was arressted or they all left me the hell alone. I don't like being pestered by annoying people, and I enjoy being able to fall back into the shadows and observe when I have to, since it can prove useful. If people forget you are there, you will hear the most interesting things at times. And, if I have the money, I can travel and do all the things I want to do, spoil myself rotten, and still help other people out. That would be a good life.

11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why? The time I got a call from my very close friend, who is like a younger sister to me, when she was out of the hospital after being treated for anorexia (and almost dying from it). That way, I'll never forget how scared I was, almost losing her, and I'll always remember how much she means to me, as well as how strong she is and how scared I was, so that I'll do more to protect those I care for in the future.

12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment? I guess it's from helping other people, because then I know I'm useful. I'm selfish and tend to make things about me most of the time, but I want to help so that I know I can do some good and get people through things that no one else can. It's fulfulling, and I makes me happy to know I can protect those I care for. I guess it's not that... exciting, but it's thrilling to know that I did something.

13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why? I was always teased as a younger kid, and it only stopped after I scared the crap out of everyone by snapped and drawing blood 2 years ago, so my heart would basically bleed for Severus. Lily, I would be completely in support of for sticking up for him, I'd be sort of angry that Remus didn't (probably more dissappointed), and let's just say I'd be insanely angry at Sirius and James. I can't stand bullies; I try to tell them off and put them in their place every chance I get (although that makes me a verbal bully, I guess, but someone's got to do it). They piss me off, and I won't tolerate people who think it's their right to bully other's no matter WHAT the reason. If they have self-esteem issues, they should just learn to cope with it like everyone else does. SILENTLY. Or with thousands of dollars on therapy every year.

14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school? I'd probably feel like it wasn't real at first. It would be like a daze-dream, and I'd more than likely be terribly nervous, shy, scared, and uneasy. I'd also not want to leave home, because that I knew, and I don't like going into unknown situations in which I won't know how to act or be in control. I like being in control of things, and that would throw me off TERRIBLY. But once I got there, and got used to it, I think I'd be fine.

15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why? I don't know if I would. The damage that could be done if I DID use it to change something is too risky to even bother trying. So, I probably wouldn't use it at all.

16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation? I'd probably try to stop them, but if I couldn't... I'd let them leave and get in trouble. I'd be ticked at them, but you know, if they got into crap because they wouldn't listen to me, fine. I'd just try and earn back the points they lost. But that's IF they got caught, really. It's only against the rules if they find out, after all.

17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter. I have a few people I respect. Voltaire, the French philospher, because he's sarcastic, hilarious (Candide is one of the best books EVER), and wasn't afraid to speak his mind-- in a way that could keep him from getting caught, of course, which is something I'd do and admire in him. I also respect Kumiko Kato, a Japanese Pop singer who heard about the Katrina disaster and immediately had a raffle for some of her CDs to help the victims out, because that's all she could do. I admire people who don't let their fame go to their heads.

18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you? I've really got to say I LOVE Candide. It makes fun of so many things (including the Iliad and The Aeneid, which bored me to tears and forced me to take tests on them using sparknotes as my guide), and pointed out so many ills in society, and was just an amazing piece of literature. Although, I've also enjoyed No Exit, a play that showed hell as the worst hotel/drama that you've EVER Seen. I think that using people to torture other people for all eternity... priceless, and endless hours of entertainment. Much more fitting for hell than torture; because honestly, masochists would only LIKE going through pain for all eternity, so how does torture become a punishment then?

19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline, you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why? ...This is going to take a laaaaaarge stretch of the imagination here. But I've done this in algebra at times, so I more than likely would, if I could get away with it. If I'm worried about it, who cares? Most of my classes are good, and I think I'd be too afraid of failing to care much. Besides; being able to cheat and get away with it is a sign of ingenuity and intelligence in itself, I think. Plus, most people owe ME favors because they cheat off of me (I have a system where it LOOKS Like I'm going over my answers so that they can copy them. That way, if they get caught, I can get out of trouble by feigning innocence.), so it's perfectly fair for me to call in one every now and then.

20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why? I think Ron was right to be angry and jelous, but he also should have LISTENED to Harry instead of being a twit about it. Harry is his BEST FRIEND, and as such he should have known Harry better than he acted like he did. And Harry... well, I understand where he was coming from as well, but I think they were both just being stupid. He should have tried to see things more from Ron's point of view, and not been as explosive as he was.
But this is coming from a girl, and we tend to think more as teenagers than boys. Just an observation on my part, don't take it offensively.

21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school? I'd make sure I did well in everything, because I'm a perfectionist and I flip over everything, but I think I'd like Potions (if I were a Slytherin and hence on Snape's good side; otherwise, I'd loathe the class but like the subject), or Charms. Because with Potions and Charms, you can think of fun ways to get back at people, or just have fun and make life easier. And be lazier, which is always fine by me.

22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why? It would depend on my mood, but I might go to Honeydukes or a book shop or maybe someplace to eat first. Depends on my mood, and how hungry I am. Also it would depend on who I was hanging out with, I guess. I'm the leader and can use it to my advantage, but I actually listen to my closer friends wants and opinions.

23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? I'd probably go with whatever interested me most. I wouldn't be a professor because I'd go crazy teaching kids all day, but I may own a small store in Diagon Alley so that I could work on whatever I chose to specialize in. I have wide interests, so that would be hard for me to do, but I'm sure something would pop out at me.

24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others? A person is worth who they are and what they can do, not how well their parents were mated off. I personally think that the pure-bloods are just pissy because the Muggle-borns can be better than them at times, and they don't like to think that their breeding isn't worth crap in the long run. In people, I personally look for honesty,interestingness, kindness, intelligence (semi-decent, please. It's not a MUST, but... I can't stand people with rock-like intelligence), loyalty, and the ability to have fun. But I judge by the feeling I get from being around a person; I can tell if they're good or bad, correctly 99% of the time, and I'll accept whatever flaws come with them, because as long as their a good person, it doesn't matter. Besides, I know I'm no picnic to be around myself, and if they can put up with my bad points... they're friends to me.

25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from? Beauty doesn't matter, so that one would be gone quickly; I'm pretty enough, thank-you-very-much, and if I can flont around bigger breasts than I have now, that's well and good, but it's not getting me anywhere. Personally, I have enough common sense and logic, so I think Creativity would be my best bet, so that I could better utilize my intelligence by having a limitless realm of ideas springing from my head. Wisdom is good, but creativity lets you use it to it's fullest potential; the world would be no where if we didn't have creative and intelligent minds to dream and make better things.

26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain. It was right in Harry's mind to do that, because that is what he thought was the best choice. I, myself... probably would have stopped, because that's just how I am. I care too much, and wouldnt have been able to force myself to do it. But, I may have at the same time; I think it would all depend on how deeply I felt I needed to, but I hightly doubt that I would continue.

27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.) I like to sing in the shower. (That is what it said in the rules, right? *trying to remember)
and also, if my application seems contradictory... that's because I'm a contradictory person. I have INTENSE mood swings which dictate how I act, and believe me, I as close to two people in one as you can be without being split-personality and on meds. So I'm not really trying to push one house over the other, I just... contradict myself all the time. I'm a mini-war in my head, so, yeah. Just so you know. and I heard about this from the hogwartssorting community, in someone's post. It looked interesting, so I joined. Please sort me wherever you think I belong, and I hope this wasn't too boring and long. I'm not very good at being brief.
Tags: slytherin
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 15 comments