polishdude21492
_belong

• Mood:
  • Music:

Panic at the Disco, The Academy Is, Nickelback, Friends, and so on and so on

1. Name: Matthew Drozd

2. Age: 14

3. Gender: Male

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?

I love to read. Right now I got nothing to read because I got so many things to get finished, like this application and some things for school. What I enjoy reading are mostly adventure or something where danger is in, such as Harry Potter. Now, there is a lot of adventure there and how about all that danger, danger where they get close to almost getting killed. Now that is what I call an exciting book. Reading gives me a little break from reality. If I am stressed out reading just puts me in a whole different world.

Call me crazy, but I also like to go to school. There I could act like myself and don’t get yelled at. At my school we have all these activities that everyone can participate in. Like Drama, May Mania (It is mostly like a talent show) and sports. Sadly, some of those programs are going to be cancelled because of the budget problems. See, the Seymour High School just had this huge addition and they took money from every school in Seymour and the citizens from Seymour. Now I think that is so stupid. Also we are also losing money because we are also paying for the Oxford, CT students who are coming to Seymour high because they don’t have one. Now I think someone should take action and do something about this because next year practically ½ of the programs that we have at the moment are being cancelled. How will students show school spirit? Whoa, sorry, I went overboard here: Telling everyone here about my town’s school budget problem. Back to the application.

I also like music. Not all types though. I am not a huge fan of Rap and Country. I like some songs from that group of music, but I also like Hip Hop, and Rock. Lik the Black Eyed Peas, and Panic! At the Disco.

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.

I relate to Neville Longbottom a lot. People think of Neville as a clumsy, unintelligent, shy type of person, but in my opinion he is brave, smart, great with friends and family, and to me I think is also a little but clumsy. He also forgets tons of things that should be remembered.

As for the people who have already read my old application. I have forgotten all the checkpoints that should have been placed in this application. See, I have forgotten all the important things such as those checkpoints, my I.D. number so that I could get school lunch, and the thing that I mostly forget are answers to a test/quiz/exam whatever. Now I am not saying that I get answers from someone else and try to remember them. I am saying that by studying something it just goes in one ear and out the other.

Now I don’t consider myself the brave where you go and climb Mount Everest and try to live the tail. I mean by going up to people and tell them what I think about something such as their attitude if they were acting like complete idiots or if I have to present a project. That is what I call brave at my age.

People think of me that I am super intelligent because I get A’s and that I read and wear glasses. Not true at all. See, I do get bad grades. Not occasionally, but when I do my best I get a good grade. If I don’t do my best then well we all know how that will turn out.

I love to hang out with my family and friends. They always come first in my book. They always try to help me out by taking me places like the movies or the mall or just outside to have some fun. And they always want to cheer me up if I am upset about something.

The character that I love in the Harry Potter series is Hagrid. He is always there for Harry, Ron, and Hermione. When they are in trouble or they are upset about something Hagrid always got a cure to cheer them up. Also, I think he is very cool because he is taking care of all these dangerous creatures that are not suppose to be kept as pets like a dragon or other things. It is like he is looking for some danger in his life, just like I am.

6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.
a. Gryffindor
For: I m really courageous and strong willed. I love to be the leader of everything I do, yet I don’t mind following other peoples instructions. I crave adventures and the exhilaration you get when your doing an dangerous sport or activity. I am also really impulsive. When I get bored I have to leave where I am to go and find something else to do, I will also rarely think before I do something.
Against. Though I m pretty courageous when it comes sports and activities, I try to avoid confrontations with other people. I always try smoothing things over by changing the subject or avoiding it all. Even though the majority of the time I am impulsive, there are times when I really have to think things over and weigh out the consequences. This year I am transferring to another university and it took me 3 weeks to decide what to do, there were charts and everything!

b. Hufflepuff
For: I m a patient person. I get along with basically everyone I meet, and I m probably the most excitable person you’ll ever meet. I also hold my family in really high esteem. They are more important to me then anything else, and I think that’s really important for the Puffs.
Against: Though I love being around people I need my own space. Along with being happy and patient, I probably the most stubborn personality when it comes to certain things, such as homework. I can also get really stressed out when things don’t happen fast enough for my liking. I definitely get yelled at for that one often enough.

c. Ravenclaw
For: I am pretty smart, and love to figure out how things work. I take things apart and put them together again just to see if I can. I also love reading. I spend most of my summer sitting outside and just reading book after book after book. Its great!
Against: I can get really bored when I am being taught something I don’t care about. If the subject doesn’t interest me, I don’t care about it. I also procrastinate big time. I don’t write essays until the night before, but yet I always seem to do well. I also really hate reading things over again. I mean once its finished that should be good enough, reading is just so boring to me.

d. Slytherin
For: I am a very persuasive person. When I want something done my way, I will not stop until its done. It may take awhile, but it will be done they way I want it to be. I am also really ambitious in the sense that I want to get something out of this life, and I want to make my mark.
Against: Though I like to have things done my way, I do have moral standings. I don’t like to hurt people because honestly in the end its probably going to come back and bite me. And even though I am really ambitiously driven I wont lie or cheat to get may way to the top. I’ll just do things my way and hope they work out in the end.

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?

My hated memory would have to be when Snape killed Dumbledore or when Sirius died. They weren’t not meant to die that way. They were always there for Harry if he needed the most. Now that they died who can he turn to. I know he can turn to Ron and Hermonie, but what if it is personal.

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?

I like the adventure in the series. Nobody likes to read books that have nothing interesting in them. Where in Harry Potter there is adventure mentioned on every page. I also like the danger that is in it because cause mostly every character in that book are always on the verge on getting killed by Death Eaters or Voldermort. That is what I like about those books they always have interesting parts to it.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?

I care about my friends, I really do. They are part of me and they always will be. If they were in trouble, let’s say hanging on the edge of the cliff. I would do anything in my power to save that friend of mine. If I don’t do anything then well I probably be living the rest of my life bored and I won’t have anything to do. It would be like there won’t be any purpose of me being on this earth if I didn’t have any friends.

10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose?

I would probably choose money because then I could just donate some for a good cause. See, there are poor people out there dying from starvation and bad living conditions. Where, a lot of other people have food and a roof over there head and don’t notice the other people that have nothing at all. See, I would actually make a difference if I had that much money.

11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?

The only memory that I would store would have to be the times when I am spending with my girlfriend. She always makes me feel welcomed and warm inside. Also, if I am upset or I am in trouble or I just need some help she would try to do her best to try and help my fix my problem. Also, she is very intelligent and funny. I have no idea how my life would be if I wasn’t with her. It would probably be very boring and dull.

12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?

What excites me in life is hanging out with my friends. We would play games together, tell jokes, or just simply talk about random things that make no sense whatsoever.

Livejournal also excites me. There is always something to do. I have no idea how a person can never get bored of this place. You could join communities and do role-playing and you could even store your thoughts in a journal.

13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?

I’d feel more sympathy to Snape, and know that he was just a teenage boy, who was being bullied. Sure, okay, what he said to Lilly was really mean and rude, but I think I’d have my defenses up and lash out at someone if I’d just gone through the same experience. I’d feel that Sirius and James were just two pig-headed boys who needed to bring someone else down to make them selves feel worthy and big. They had no real reason to do what they did apart from the fact that they hated Snape and had too bigger egos. I’d lose a bit of respect for Remus for not standing up and putting a stop to it. Lily was courageous, and kind and just a good, sweet person, who felt compassion. She did what I would do. I hate it when people are picked on or bullied, no mater how they are.

14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school?

I would feel actually wanted somewhere because I, who people think that I don’t exists, think that I am a person that doesn’t belong anywhere. When I get my letter I would feel glad about myself that somewhere out there is a person that actually wants to be with me and have a good time. I would also feel bad because I would have to leave my family and not see them for months unless if I visit them over vacations. They would love me to go to a school where I could find myself and have a good time. I would respect their decision even if their answer was that I couldn’t go.

15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why?

Yes, I would actually use it because everyone students needs more times to study. Everyone wants to keep their grades up so that they can pass and get closer to reaching their goal on getting done with school. When I am passing to another class I would fine a place where no one is in and use the time turner. Then I would find a quiet and empty classroom and study for a exam or do some homework if I didn’t finished it.

16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation?

That’s actually a really hard question. I hate confrontations, yet I also hate when people do things that are going to hurt other people. I would probably try and stop them, but do it in a different manor. I would try and get each one by themselves so that I didn’t have to confront them all at once. But in some way I would try and stop them.

17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.

The person that I admire is not a world wide known person, a rich person, or even an author, but a guy that made a difference in my life. I used to be all boring and always in a bad mood. I never wanted to go places and see things that would be interest in me. See, the person that I admire made me become creative and made me feel like an ordinary teenager. I admire my uncle Greg.

Greg is a humorous, intelligent, great type of family human being. He always makes my day so much fun. He would either take to the movies or just to make me get out the house. See, I hate being at home and be doing nothing in particular. I would be just dreading that day. But when Greg comes by its like my whole day starts fresh and everything would be different.

I also admire Greg because he never gives up on things. He always finishes everything that he starts. If it is shoveling snow to watering the flowers or taking care of his two pets at home he always gets the job done. I only wish that I am able to get things finished.

Greg is fun. I am no fun at all. He completes me.

18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?

The book that I really like is called Full Tilt. I read it over the summer and I still want to read it again. I liked that book because it had a lot of adventure in it. Adventure books are mostly the only type of book I read. Or mostly, anything exciting.
19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline, you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why?

I would defiantly never cheat off another classmate. There is always a chance that the answer that they are putting it down could be the wrong answer. It really is also a live or death question. If you cheat and you get caught I might get in a lot of trouble or if I don’t cheat then my neck will be saved. And it just to shows that I should have studied instead of gone frolicking with my friends.

20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?

Ron had a right to be angry for the first little bit. I mean he has had to live under Harry’s shadow for so long it must get really frustrating after awhile. But I mean once Harry told him the truth, he should have gotten over a little faster. Harry obviously needed friends, and Ron should have been there for him, it’s the way that friendship works.

21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school?

Transfiguration. It would be awesome to be able to change the way things look or feel. Its also a really hard course, so I would actually have to pay attention, which is always a plus. I always used to do really well in math and philosophy, and transfiguration seems like a mix of both, which would be great.
22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why?

I would defiantly visit the Three Broom Sticks because there you can have something nice a warm to drink and speak to your closest friends. We could talk about school, tell jokes, or what we are going to do during our free time. Or I would visit the Hogs Head if I need some time to myself. If I had a bad day or I just need to think then I could just go there and just try to settle my life.

23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why?

I would want to become either an Auror or a Professor at any magical school, but I prefer Hogwarts. If I become an Auror I would have a lot of danger ahead of me. Taking care of thousands or billions of people from the magical villains is not a walk in a park. You need a lot of skill and a good personality to be great at being an Auror. You need to be active, smart, and you got to know what you are up against.

I would also want to become a Professor at Hogwarts or some other magical school. I would want to teach either Transfiguration or Muggle Studies. I would want to teach Transfiguration because changing things into other things can be very helpful when you are in danger or in trouble. I would also want to teach Muggle Studies because as being a wiz in Muggle items, it probably would be a very easy subject to work in.

24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?

I think they are people just like you and me. They both have two eyes and they can walk so why are there people out there in the world telling everyone that they are bad people and that they should even be seen on this earth. Those people who think that should feel bad about themselves for treating someone like that. Seriously, they should treat other people the way that they want to be treated.

What I look in a person is their intelligent. No one want to be friends with some idiot that when you talk you can’t understand a word they just said. I also look for some humor in them. Everyone loves a good laugh here and there. And they have to be extremely kind because no one want to be friends with a meanie; they have to care about other people’s thoughts and situations. If someone is upset they should have at least try to cheer that someone up not just walk away and watch that person go through misery. I hate those kinds of people.

25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?

The Well of Physical Strength. I would love to be able to do everything without getting to tired and worn out. I could also be able to do every sport that I wanted to. Plus I have enough optimism in me already that I don’t really need anymore. The Well of Physical Strength sounds way more interesting then the other ones. The others seem like things you have to gain on your own, such as creativity and logic, but a lot of the time you can only gain so much strength. So I would definitely have to say Well of Physical Strength for the reason that I can gain all the others by myself.

26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain.

Yeah I would. If I promised someone I would do something, I follow through. Though I probably would have some trouble at the beginning, I would keep going until the end. I think Harry was right all along, and I give him a round of applause for doing it even though it was killing him to, it showed true courage and friendship, and it something that I really wish I could do if I was in that predicament.

27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)

I like to sing in the shower, but I stink at it anyway.

Some of the people that had voted on my last application questioned on my teaching children. See, at my school here at Seymour we have this program. It is mostly like a tutoring program. So, the principal chose kids that had top grades. Some how, I got picked and so did other kids, and throughout my free classes I was tutoring or what I call teaching students that were having difficulties in a certain class.

I would also like to say thank you for all the people who have voted on my last application. And I apologize on the things that I forgot to put in. See, I get so excited on just finishing the application and I just forget about everything else. Again, thank you and I hope this application is as better than the last.

Again, I was once a member here at [Unknown LJ tag] and I only left because there was a lot of business going on. So, now that everything has settled down I have more time to spend more time on livejournal and some communities that I am in.
Tags: hufflepuff
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 16 comments