Aubzilla
flavored_glass
_belong

• Mood:
  • Music:
1. Name: Aubrey

2. Age: 20

3. Gender: Female. :)

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?

Hobbies? Not many, sadly. Reading. I love to read. Anything from Charles Dicken's David Copperfield to Neil Gaiman's The Sandman Library series. Certain books move me. Les Miserables made me want to do something worthwhile with my life, like helping the poor. I mean, fighting diseases is important, but the three basic needs (food, water, shelter) are more so. Without fufilling these needs, one cannot live long enough to contract a disease to fight... but I digress. The Harry Potter series makes me want to be a witch and do oodles of schoolwork with a quill (ha!). But really, so many other books have moved me. I could continue, but I hate rambling.

Growing plants, too, I supose. Plants are neat! (My calla lily bulb JUST sprouted the other day, but I digress.) There's so much mystery and suspense involved with growing plants. Really! I planted a mystery seed, and the resulting plant is almost a yard tall and is climbing up my window. Gardening appeals to my nurturing nature. I love to love. :)

I watch a lot of tv, too. I don't think that qualifies as a hobby, but it has shaped my personality... sitcoms gave me a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, cartoons gave me an optomistic attitude, and reality shows gave me an intense hatred for reality shows ;).

Interests: Rats. I would love to somehow become a millionaire so I could open and run my own rat rescue. My rats are very important to me and I love them. :) I'm also interested in learning Spanish. I've been out of practice for a while, but I thirst to learn. I'm a fraction of an inch away from asking my best friend to buy me a Spanish textbook from her college. And then I will use the textbook to it's fullest ability! *cackles* I don't know how either of them affect my personality, though...

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.

One day I ran into a couple of girls that I am merely aquainted with (I actually didn't remember one of their names at the time ^^'). They told me that "just the other day" they were talking about how I was Luna Lovegood. Consequently, she is now my favorite character. I like her, because, like me, she doesn't put on an act for attention, but she doesn't shy away from everyone. She is who she is, and if you don't like her, she doesn't notice. I also have odd tastes in jewlery and have been known to wear a bracelet I made out of my old toothbrush, glass-rat earrings, my kindergarten ID bracelet with my name/phone#/address engraved on it, and six different earrings that never match. I also have a tendancy to say things that don't seem to fit into the conversation I'm in (apparently... *sigh*).

(PS. If I ever commentated a kind of sports match, I could imagine doing it exactly as Luna.)

6. Give us the reasons for and against you being sorted into each of the houses.

a. Gryffindor
For: ... They have lovely colors? Heh, no; I'd like to believe that there was a the potential for bravery inside of me.
Against. I do not feel like I am brave nor daring... although I do think I'm chivalrous... *wink*

b. Hufflepuff
For: I am just, patient and loyal. :) I try to always do what's fair to everyone. People tell me that life is cruel so that I shouldn't worry, but the world is cruel because cruel people make it that way. I am patient with people. I have strong opinions, but I will not argue with others about them unless I feel like they are being gravely unjust. Just for an example, if someone told me they hated rats because they were filthy or something, I would be offended, but if someone told me they didn't like them because one bit them when they were younger, I'd be more accepting. I am loyal to my friends. I go very far out of my way to help people...
Against: It wouldn't be so bad... it's just that in the fifth book the sorting hat said that Hufflepuff taught all of the "other" students that didn't fit into the other categories and that makes me sad. :(

c. Ravenclaw
For: I love, love, love to learn! I used to read my liturature and history textbooks for fun. As much as I loved reading about history, I cannot for the life of me remember dates.
Against: I am full of random factiods that, while interesting, do not help me in life at all and do not actually make me wise. And I use run-on sentences. And fragments. Sad.

d. Slytherin
For: I get what I want through cunning. I seem sweet, but I can be very manipulative, I'm not proud of it, but it works...
Against: Their reputation is usually a negative one, but not all Slytherins were bad, it's just that a lot of bad wizards happened to go through Slytherin. I'll probably get berated for that, but that is my only reason against being in Slytherin.

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?

Probably when Harry was a whiny prat in the beginning of The Order of the Pheonix. He was just so pompous "Why aren't I a prefect? I fought Voldemort, I killed the basalisk, I can make a patronus! Why is Dumbledore ignoring me? Fine, if he won't talk to me I won't talk to him because I am petty... ect."
I also really dislike how Lupin turned down Tonks. There should be tension between them, of course, it would be unsatisfying if there were no conflict, but I'd really love to see them together...
The character deaths that have happened have been sad, but I love those parts because a book should be able to evoke my emotions.

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?

The fantasy! I read for escape, and where better to escape into a world where you have magical powers and actually get to go to school to learn about them! I'm not a real school-work oriented type of person, but if I went to Hogwarts, you can bet I'd would have swallowed just as many magic books as Hermione.
The mystery is great, too. I re-read the series last week, and I am anxiously anticipating the release of the seventh book!
The relationships (both plutonic and romantic) are very complex and I love it.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?

I would sacrifice my life for them, on these conditions: If they were to be tortured to death, to spare them that torture, I would be tortured to death. If they were to be killed quickly, I would also take their place if I were to be killed quickly, too. If, however, my friend was to be killed quickly, but if I took her place I would be tortured, I might let her go. Knowing my best friend, she wouldn't want me to suffer on her account. I could always kill myself out of guilt later... heh.
I would sacrifice anything and everything of mine for her. I love my best friend.

10. Given a choice between fame and money, which would you choose?

... Money, I guess. I could open my rat rescue! I also have a kind of dream to pick an issue (Hunger, AIDS, Cancer, ect) and just use all of my extra money to fight it. So yeah, money it is.

11 If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?

My Spanish club trip to Spain. It was the best experience of my life. To explain it would take far too much space. My best friend and I were in Spain! Everything was beautiful! Everything was a new experience! We saw beautiful arcitecture, famous art, we ate swirly meat! We slept on a tour bus... our faces left smudges on the windows... I just can't convey in words how special it was. I'm sorry, I wish my answer was more complete.

12. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?

Taking care of things gives me the most fulfillment out of life. I like to grow my plants and take care of my various pets. I'm something of a bleeding heart. Helping. I get a lot of joy from helping. If it's something simple like change for a dollar or something bigger like taking care of my grandma when her pelvis broke.

Everything excites me. :) I'm just a happy person and little things make me the happiest. My aunt gave me a ceramic snail on a stick today, and it made me smile so much. I try to take joy out of whatever I can :).

13. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?

Peter: He is a follower. I don't think he cared that James and Sirius were mistreating Snape. If more people were helping Snape than hurting him, he'd be on the helping side. He's spineless.
James: James was being a bully. If I had known him at that moment, I would have loathed him. However, he proved that it was just an obnoxious stage and eventually he would prove to be a kind, decent man who fought the forces of evil. :)
Sirius: Same goes for Sirius as for James. Totally irresponsable and cruel.
Lily: She was brave to stand up for Snape, even though Snape didn't appreciate it. At least he could know that he wasn't the only one who though James arrogant.
Remus: Remus really should have stepped in, but I empathise with him. It's easier to just stay out of conflicts, especially if they invole your best friends. It's not an excuse, but it is easier...

14. Imagine you were an eleven-year-old Muggleborn witch/wizard who did not know about magic and had just received your Hogwarts letter. How would you react to leaving home and going to a magic school?

Holy ****! I would die! ... of happiness! I'd pull a Hermione and read everything I could on my new school! I'd absorb it all. I don't think I would miss home too much. I don't have strong attachments to most people. I'm sure I'd miss everyone if I were all alone, but I'd be going to school with hundreds of other wizards and witches! I'd make new friends and develop new interests!

15. If you had access to a time turner and there were no regulations regarding its usage, what would you use it for and why?

I wouldn't use it to change anything, I believe that everything happens for a reason. I know that I would be tempted to go back and say, stop relatives/ pets/ whoever, from dying, but I couldn't. Instead I would use it to observe. For example, I would like to know if Courtney really did kill Kurt (*wink*) or who really did kill JFK? What killed the dinosaurs? Who built the pyramids? Of course, I'd have to be sure to bring my invisability cloak... Then again... wait... the time turner could only take you back in time, and then you'd have to stay going at that speed, wouldn't you? So if I went back to the civil war, I'd die before I'd make it back to the time I was when I first went back. Drat... and this is why I don't feel I'd belong in Ravenclaw... Fine. I just wouldn't use the time turner at all. *curses brain* (Heh, yeah, I write as I think sometimes... it was just too good of an answer to delete after I realised that it was impossible...)

16. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation?

If I were really, really close friends with them, I would have tried to stop them for their own safety. If I didn't really know them at all, I'd be to shy to try and stop them... I admire Neville for standing up, he was being very noble and he thought that he was doing the house good.

17. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.

I can't think of any one person in particular... Anyone who stays positive in a terrible situation. It takes a lot of courage to smile through pain...

18. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?

Everything I read is my favorite book. :) Can I pick two? I'm picking two...
Les Miserables was wonderful. I felt I really understood the characters. Sometimes on book tests in school there would be a question like, "If this character where in this situation, what would they do? Support your answer with text from the book." and I would have no idea how to answer it. With the characters in Les Miserables, I'd have no trouble answering a question like that. They're all so well-developed and complex. Understanding the characters helps you empathize with them and their various situations. Besides how beautifuly written it is, Les Miserables also has a helping theme that I can live by. It encourages generosity and forgiveness.

I just finished the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman and I am in love. Like the Harry Potter books, the three His Dark Materials books sent me into a fantasy world that I didn't want to leave. Parts of it moved me so much that I laughed or cried. I love a book/ story to move me.

19. You're sitting the final examination for a class that has given you a lot of trouble. Your grade is borderline, you really need to do well on this final to get an A. You can see the paper of your friend who sits next to you and who happens to excel in this subject. You've gotten to a question that you're stuck on. Do you glance at your friend's paper to figure out the answer or not? Why?

No, I wouldn't cheat. Grades were never important to me. I'd feel really dishonest if I cheated and gotten an A... Some subjects are harder to grasp than others, and I'd hate for my teacher to think I mastered the subject and aced the test when really I struggled and needed extra help. What if I needed the information later in life? I won't be able to cheat off my friend, then...

20. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?

I can understand how Ron must have felt, I have been jealous of a friend many a time, but he was really being unfair by not listening to Harry's explaination. He should have known that if Harry had put his own name in the goblet, he would have let Ron in on the secret.
Harry had a right to be angry with Ron for acting that way, but I wish he would have put more of an effort into making things right. Ron has a tough time dealing with having a famous, rich friend and having a bunch of siblings to compete with.

21. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school?

I think I would like Charms class the best. Charms just seemed so useful. I can't think of any specific examples as to why at the moment... my Harry Potter books are upstairs.

In school, my favorite subject was "The Novel" which was a class where you read whatever books you wanted (from a list, of course) and then wrote an essay-type test. I did very well in that class. :) I also really loved "British Lit"... Pride and Prejudice... yum. Any class based on Liturature was my favorite, although I didn't always excel in them. I did poorly in Math and Science classes. Science especially, which was sad, because I find it interesting. My brain just shuts down at the mention of the periodic table or anything relating to what's found inside cells. What-oplasts?

22. What would be the first place you visit during a Hogsmeade weekend? Why?

Honeydukes! I have a vicious sweet-tooth. I'm in diabetic shock just thinking about it... All of the candy described in the book is just mouthwatering. I want it.

23. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why?

In the wizarding world? Hmmm... I think I'd like to run an orphanage-type place. A place for children orphaned the normal way and for kids who were abandoned by their muggle parents for being magical. Children need love and support. :) Everyone needs love...

24. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?

Muggle-borns shumuggle-borns. It really shouldn't even be an issue. Muggle borns are equal to or greater than a lot of pure-bloods, so there! Need I point out Hermione Granger? Lily Potter?

Honesty is important to me. Not just the I-don't-tell-lies kind, either. People should be honest with who they are. There is no need to pretend that you love things that you do not to gain friends. Having interests in common with people is a good way to set a foundation for friendship, this is true, but if you lie about who you are, your image will have friends and you won't.

25. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?

I would definately not need the Well of Optimism, simply because I have as much optimism as I'd ever want. :) Not that I'm super optimistic... more like realistic. But again, I'm happy with my optomism levels
I'm quite comfortable with myself and who I am, so would not feel the need to drink from any of the wells, however, I wouldn't mind some Creativity. I always have to overcome a lot of creative block to express myself. So much so that I rarely try anymore. Creativity and expressing oneself is very important to one's mental health. :) Not to mention how an appreciated piece gives the creator confidence. Confidence is nice. :)

26. In Half-Blood Prince, we witnessed Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the potion that weakened him, even though it pained Harry to do so, because he promised Dumbledore he would do whatever he wished. If you were in Harry's position, would you have stopped feeding Dumbledore the potion, or would you have continued? Do you think it was right for Harry to do as Dumbledore wished? Explain.

I would have continued. If I made someone swear to me to do as I said, I would expect them to. Although drinking the potion caused Dumbledore pain, the ends justified the means. Dumbledore and Harry both knew how important it was to get that locket to defeat Voldemort. It was either let Dumbledore suffer that pain then, or let Voldemort kill countless others.

27. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)

I apologize for my short answers, I did the best I could... Hopefully the information from my long answers will even it out. :)

No one refered me. I just clinked on a link to a link to a link, ect.
Tags: suspended
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 23 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →