1. You’re walking through Diagon Alley, and a tall man, wearing very expensive-looking robes, drops a small pouch of Galleons on the ground in front of you. He doesn’t seem to notice that he’s dropped the pouch, and it couldn’t be more than enough Galleons to get a few drinks at The Leaky Cauldron. What do you do? Why?
If he was only a few meters away, I would have given him the money. If he was already too far away or had apparated, I would pick up the galleons and take them to buy a drink in the leaky cauldron. I mean...he must have LOADS of money and he wouldn't really miss it, would he?
2. In his prime, Dumbledore was a very powerful wizard and a wonderful Headmaster. Do you think that the new Headmistress, Professor McGonagall, will make a good replacement? Why or why not? In Dumbledore's position, who would you have chosen for your Deputy Headship? Why?
I think that Professor McGonagall would have made an excellent replacement. If I was in Dumbledore’s position. I would have chosen her. She is a talented witch and would be able to cope with that job. Although she can be really crabby and not much fun, she would be right for the job. She has a powerful brain and a big heart. She is also in Gryffindor and would be a lot friendlier than someone like Professor Snape or Lucius Malfoy. Not that Lucius and Snape are bad characters or anything. I actually like those two, but McGonagall would be better for the job.
3. The Marauders (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter) clearly had some excellent magical talents (being unregistered Animagi, creating the Marauder’s Map, etc.). Which of the four Marauders do you feel was the most successful in life? Why?
I think that James was the most successful in life. He managed to get married and have a child (Harry). Even though he died, he got the most out of life. Eg: Sirius- on the run accused of murder, peter- sided with the dark lord (Voldemort), Remus- werewolf. They didn't have very good lives at all. I mean, being a werewolf wouldn’t exactly be too crash hot, considering you would have people judging you and looking down their nose at you (insufferable bastards). Having to put up with Voldemort and have him cut you, hurt you and use you would be heaven on earth (not) and seriously, if I was on the run from dementors, wizards and people all around the world because I was accused of murdering someone, I would have totally put myself out of my misery (or get revenge on Peter Pettigrew, which ever one is better).
4. Do you feel that Harry was right in using the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book for potions class (Do not take the spells into account in this question.)? Was Hermione right in telling him not to? What would you have done in Harry’s position? Why? What would you have done in Hermione’s position? Why?
I think that Harry was right in using the Half Blood Prince's potions book. It was useful and helped him get through potions class (on his way to becoming an auror). If I were Harry, I totally would have used the potions book. It would be way too tempting.
Hermione was not right in telling him not to use the potions book. She should have let Harry make his own decisions. If I was in Hermione’s position, I would have told him to go for it.
5. Would you have used the random spells written in the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book (You can't just say you know or could look up the Latin. Imagine that the spells were created in a language you'd never heard of.)? Why or why not?
I would have used the spells/potions that I knew about. Then, curiosity would have gotten the better of me and I would have tested them out on animal or something. I would probably have used the potion on one of Hagrid’s animals. He’s already got enough animals and keeps finding new ones (*sheesh*).
6. Every day we make many choices. Are you comfortable with the choices you make (large or small), or are you more indecisive? Explain.
I am usually quite comfortable with the choices I make, because I have a lot of faith in my opinions and my understanding of a situation. Sometimes when I have to make extremely big choices, such as what career I will pursue, is a much more difficult decision to make. I am actually still deciding what I am going to do when I get older. Choices like that are life changing and need to have more thought put into them. When ever I have to make a hard decision, I get really stressed out and need to relax more, otherwise I will do or say the wrong thing.
7. Hermione created S.P.E.W. even though the other students disagreed with her ideas. Are you able to stand up for what you believe in, even if others mock you for your beliefs? Have your opinions (or outspokenness) gotten you into trouble? Explain.
I am able to let others know about my opinions and what I think is right, but if they mock me, I'd rather just keep it to myself. I got into trouble once, in my 5th year. Our teacher was telling us that she didn't want us talking during class anymore. I put up my hand and said to her that "we should be able to talk and socialize with each other. We are teenagers and need some sort of interaction. Or do you expect us to sit around like we only have half a brain?" That went well.
8. Are there any N.E.W.T. level courses at Hogwarts that you feel should be mandatory, regardless of a student’s chosen career path? Why or why not?
I feel that every student should have to take Defense against the Dark Arts. Every person should be able to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, so this class is needed by all. Considering the amount of Death Eaters and the evil of Voldemort himself, it’s likely that a wizard or witch would have to defend himself or herself during their lifetime. Without Defense against the Dark Arts, more people would probably be killed, since they wouldn’t know how to defend themselves.
9. If you were going to teach at Hogwarts, what course would you teach? Describe it for us (This does not have to be a class that currently exists; feel free to use your imagination.).
I would definitely choose to teach potions. It looks so interesting. I could make up as many potions as I liked and be able to try out my Professor Snape impersonation! I could make extra bottles of healing potion and such, just in case I get attacked. Having the knowledge of how to make potions would be so useful in everyday activities, such as healing potions, polyjuice potions (hehehehe), Amortentia potion (love potion), Felix Felicis potion (lucky potion), etc. It would be so much fun trying them out.
10. What class do you think you’d excel in at Hogwarts (take into account the teacher and their grading policies, class work, what you’re good at now, etc.)? Why?
I think I would excel at potions. I believe this, because I am able to manage loads of homework. As professor Snape would give us, undoubtedly. I also have no problem with Snape rubbing me up the wrong way. I will either ignore him or bite back with something harder. Potions would be so interesting (as I stated in question 9) and I would devote all my time to potion making.
11. What would your schedule look like at Hogwarts? Would you take all the classes you possibly could? Would you take the bare minimum? Explain.
I would probably take as little subjects as I could. I would definitely take defense against the dark arts, potions, transfiguration, advanced potion making, herbology and care of magical creatures though. I would DEFINITELY NOT take Divination. It is a load of rubbish and hogwash. What is up with that subject anyway?????
12. Professor Trelawney tells you that the thing you are dreading will happen on the 23rd. What is the thing you are dreading? How does this affect you? Explain.
Professor Trelawney is a nutter. I will never believe a thing she says. Divination is the worst subject on the face of the earth!!! Does anyone really believe in this class, or that Professor Trelawney can even see the future. I admit that that I am still confused and undecided about the whole “vision thing” with professor Trelawney in Harry’s 3rd year. As I said before…what a load of rubbish!
13. If you found out that your best friend was going to meet some other friends and do things you didn't quite approve of, how would you handle the situation? What if they invited you to come along? Explain.
I would tell them that it wasn't a good idea if it was something really dangerous. If it was something not very dangerous...well, it’s their decision.
If they asked me to join in on something dangerous...NO WAY IN HELL!! If it was something like getting revenge on my worst enemy...OH YEAH!!!! I AM SO IN DUDE!!!
14. Would you rather have wealth or fame (You can't have both)? Why? What would you do with the money/fame? I would prefer the fame.
I am a very outgoing person who doesn't get embarrassed and likes to be noticed. If I had all the fame first, I am sure the money would come rolling in afterwards. With this fame, I would become the world’s biggest movie star. I love acting and singing. So I would either become an actress or a pop star. How fun!
15. For each house, give an argument for both why you should be sorted into that House and why you should not be sorted into that House, regardless of your actual opinions of the Houses. Basically, explain what traits you have of each House, and which traits you don't have of each House. Do not just give an explanation of what each House is and isn't.
For: Friendship is very important to me.
Against: I am not the kind of person that is always looking to be within the group ALL the time. I like to be by myself sometimes.
For: I can be a bit arrogant and rude sometimes. I am quite a loud person and like to be noticed. I can get angry when things don't go my way.
Against: I am not the kind of person who just throws an insult into someone’s face and doesn't feel guilty afterwards.
For: I stand up for my friends when I feel the need and I can be brave when I have to be.
Against: I don't have enough sense to deal with a situation properly. I usually just do the first thing that pops into my head.
For: I can be a bookworm when I want to be. I like reading a lot and doing homework isn't that big of a deal. I don't complain about it.
Against: I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't fully think about my actions and I make stupid mistakes.
16. If you were participating in the TriWizard Tournament, who would be the one you’d miss most (the person that you'd have to rescue in the second task - for Harry, it was Ron)? Why are they so special to you? Explain.
The person I'd miss the most, would have to be Lex. She is just like me and she understands me better than anybody. If I didn't have Lex, I would probably say Jess. I need a person around to knock some sense into my thick head.
17. Why do you get up in the morning? What is your purpose in life? What is your passion? What makes you who you are? Explain.
What gets me up in the morning is the thrill of a new day, the excitement of what is to come, what will happen and why. I love to get up and know that today is another day for an adventure and a chance to get up to mischief.
18. Is there anything in your life that you just can’t live without? Would that answer be different in the Wizarding world? Explain.
In the real world, I couldn't live without my friends or my family, because they help me to get through the day, drive me and push me to do my best. In the wizarding world, it would be my wand. It would be the most important thing, because it would help to protect my friends, family and myself.
19. If you had to change one (and only one) thing about yourself (personality, not physical), what would it be? Why? Would you change more things if you could?
The only thing I would change about myself would be the way I judge people. Sometimes I can be too harsh on people sometimes. Other than that, there is nothing else I would change.
20. If you could go back and tell your eleven year-old self one message, what would it be? Why?
I would tell myself not to give up, don't forget who you really are. Be proud of what you have accomplished and grown up to be. Don't let others stomp you into the mud. Stand up for yourself.
21. What do you think are the biggest problems with the wizarding world today? Why?
I would have to say the war with Voldemort. He seems too powerful to defeat. I wonder what is going to happen when the last book comes out, because at the moment, it’s looking pretty damn hopeless.
22. If you were walking through the Forbidden Forest with a friend and found yourself surrounded by centaurs with their bows drawn, what would you do? Explain.
I would tell them that we meant no harm and wanted to collect some ingredients for potions class. I would also remind them that we are only young and wouldn't hurt them. If that doesn't work, would either cast a shield around my friend and I and run for it, or I would attack the centaurs with jinxes. (If worse comes to worse, use an unforgivable)
23. What are you most looking forward to about joining this community?
I am most looking forward to meeting people in the same house as me and with the same personality. It would be so fun to make new friends as well. That way I can add more people to my ‘Friend’ list.
24. What did you like about this application? What did you dislike about this application? I liked the fact that the questions weren't too hard to answer. I didn't like the fact that there were multiple questions added on to a question. Eg: What did you feel? Why did you feel this? What happened? Sorry, but it was a tad confusing to keep up with.
25. How did you come across this community? If it was an ad from a current member, please state their livejournal name. (That person will receive House Points for your efforts, so please try to remember.)
I used the search bar under ‘interests’ and found this community.
26. Anything else you'd like to add?