Erin (oya_ilikelemons) wrote in _belong,
Erin
oya_ilikelemons
_belong

• Mood:
  • Music:

mmmm grilled cheese and ramen

Name: Erin

1. You are walking through Diagon Alley, and a tall man, wearing very expensive-looking robes, drops a small pouch of Galleons on the ground in front of you. He doesn’t seem to notice that he’s dropped the pouch, and it couldn’t be more than enough Galleons to get a few drinks at The Leaky Cauldron. What do you do? Why? Well, if he is still close enough for me to give them to him, I would. If he had run off or something, I suppose I would just keep them. There's no harm in keeping something you found as long as you tried to find the person.

2. In his prime, Dumbledore was a very powerful wizard and a wonderful Headmaster. Do you think that the new Headmistress, Professor McGonagall, will make a good replacement? Why or why not? Who would you have chosen for your Deputy Headship? Why? Yes, I would have chosen Professor McGonagall is good for the job, of course I would rather it be Dumbledore, but what can you do. She is strict, but also can connect with the students. They aren't frightened of her, like they are of say, Snape. She also has the same main ideas as Dumbledore and is capable of keeping the school going normally, instead of changing everything, like Umbridge did in OotP.

3. The Marauders (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter) clearly had some excellent magical talents (being unregistered Animagi, creating the Marauder’s Map, etc.). Which of the four Marauders do you feel was the most magical wizard in his prime? Why? Who do you feel was the most successful in life? Why? In his prime, I think that Sirius showed the most excellent magical talents. He was amazing at jinxes etc. , even though he didn't always use them for good. He was clearly the most experienced and impressive when it came to dark arts. Although I believe that, I also believe that he was not the one that was most successful in life. That would be Remus. He coped with being a werewolf for almost his whole life, and still managed to stay on the good side. He didn't use his "condition" to hurt people or use it to his own advantage. Remus eventually became even more successful, I think, when he got the job of Defense Against the Dark Arts. He was an amazing teacher and everyone loved him. People still loved him after they had found out he was indeed a werewolf(though maybe not all.

4. Do you feel that Harry was right in using the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book for potions class (Do not take the spells into account in this question.)? Was Hermione right in telling him not to? What would you have done in Harry as position? Why? What would you have done in Hermione���s position? Why? I have to say, it wasn't right, but in his position (failing potions) I most likely would have done just the same. He needed extra help and he certainly wasn't going to get it from Snape. He took matters into his own hands and did what he thought was right. I do not think that Hermione was right in always bugging him to stop using it. Even if she was just concerned, and worried for his safety, she was too much into his business. She couldn’t handle Harry getting better grades than her in Potions. But knowing Hermione's character, if I were her, I would also do the same thing. She is very smart, and everyone knows it. If I were her, I would not want someone stealing my glory, especially if it was my best friend and I wasn't really that great at anything else.

5. Would you have used the random spells written in the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book (You can't just say you know or could look up the Latin. Imagine that the spells were created in a language you'd never heard of.)? Why or why not? I think that it was a stupid idea for Harry to use the spells. As it turned out, some of them were dangerous. I think that I have enough common sense to not use them, at least not on people or anything. Using the book for helping with Potions is one thing, it's another thing to use it to harm people, just for revenge especially.

6. Every day we make many choices. Are you comfortable with the choices you make (large or small), or are you more indecisive? Explain. I am not good at making choices. I often ask for other people's opinions on them before I act. Even the little choices, like what to do for an art project, I ask everyone at my table if they think my idea is good before acting on it. I often make choices before thinking about it fully, and then end up changing my mind later if I find out my friends aren't doing it or there's something else wrong. I have not always been like that though. I recently changed schools (well 2 years ago) but still, I want people's approval on most things. Which doesn't really help out in my life because I am involved in things like Student Leadership (student council).

7. Hermione created S.P.E.W. even though the other students disagreed with her ideas. Are you able to stand up for what you believe in, even if others mock you for your beliefs? Have your opinions (or outspokenness) gotten you into trouble? Explain. Well, the only thing I feel comfortable voicing my opinion about is politics. I know I would not be able to stand up to my friends (unless with politics, or music) if they disagreed with me. so...I suppose again, it depends on the situation.

8. Are there any courses at Hogwarts that you feel should be mandatory, regardless of a student’s chosen career path? Why or why not? Yes, History of Magic, and Muggle Studies. I think that both are important no matter what. I mean, no matter how hard a wizard tries, they will run into a muggle eventually, and they need to learn how to act around them and what is acceptable in muggle life and what isn't. I always think history is important. How can you live somewhere or with something as huge as magic without even knowing how it came to be in existence. People need to know what they're dealing with and why it's like that, whether they are muggle or magic.

9. If you were going to teach at Hogwarts, what course would you teach? Describe it for us. I think I would try to teach History of Magic. Professor binns makes it boring and none of the students enjoy it. I would try to make them more active in it, instead of just giving them the facts the whole class. I, personally, enjoy a practical way of teaching. I believe a hands on approach is more reasonable for a class of kids that have to sit through hours and hours of classes each day. I know there isn't much you can do "hands on" for History in general, but I'm creative, I'm sure I could think of something.

10. What class do you think you’d excel in at Hogwarts (take into account the teacher and their grading policies, class work, what you’re good at now, etc.)? Why? I think I would be good at Transfiguration or DADA. First of all, I love teachers like McGonagall that keep you in line, but are nice as well. That's how all my favorite teachers have been, and in classes where I like the teacher, I usually do well. Also, DADA because I am really good at remembering things and I can concentrate really well, so I think I would be good at memorizing the jinxes and shields and good at conjuring them because you have to have your mind in the right place.

11. What would your schedule look like at Hogwarts? Would you request use of a time-turner to take loads of classes? Would you take the bare minimum? Explain. I would take enough classes so that I could do something with my life, but not so many as to overwhelm myself. My schedule would be balanced out, like not having a couple very challenging courses after another, I would need classes where I could talk and relax as well as classes that are stricter and keep me in line.

12. Professor Trelawney tells you that the thing you are dreading will happen on the 23rd. What is the thing you are dreading? Do you believe her? How does this affect you? Explain. Well considering that's when my finals are, and I would be very, very afraid of something going wrong and I end up failing them. But on the other hand, I do not think that I would believe her. I do not think Divination is a sensible class, as some people do not have the power to see like some may. Plus, I do not think that someone saying something to me one time, out of the blue, would convince me very much.

13. Would you bring a pet to Hogwarts? Remember, it can only be a rat, toad, cat, or owl. Which would you choose to bring? Why? I would want to bring a cat. I love cats, and I would love to have one roaming around the common room with me. Cats, to me, are very comforting and would relax me when I was stressed or something. But I also would like an owl. So I suppose that it would be quite hard for me to choose, as owls are very convenient and loyal.

14. Would you rather have money or fame? Why? What would you do with the money/fame? I would rather have money. I'm not comfortable being in the spotlight a lot. With the money, I would get a really good broom and nice robes, but at the same time, I wouldn't go around being like "ya I have sooo much money" or something stupid like that.

15. For each house, give an argument for both why you should be sorted into that House and why you should not be sorted into that House, regardless of your actual opinions of the Houses. Basically, explain what traits you have of each House, and which traits you don't have of each House. Do not just give an explanation of what each House is and isn't.
a. Hufflepuff
For: I am friendly and I work hard. I have a lot of friends.

Against: I don't really know, I assumed from reading that Hufflepuffs were all different, getting the people that the sorting hat could not properly place. Maybe I got the wrong impression?

b. Slytherin
For: I enjoy breaking the rules sometimes, and at times I can be discriminating

Against: I'm too nice and don't strive for power and try to dominate

c. Gryffindor
For: I'm brave and sensible. I like to take risks.

Against: I like breaking the rules sometimes and I strive for acceptance and don’t speak my mind

d. Ravenclaw
For: I'm studious and hardworking

Against: I don't always get top grades...

16. If you were participating in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, who would be the one you’d miss most? Why are they so special to you? Explain. My best friend Sam. She's always been there for me, and we rarely fight, she's a rare find these days and I would hate to give up having an amazing friend. She's seen me in good and bad times and has stuck with me ever since I was the "new kid in town".

17. Why do you get up in the morning? What is your purpose in life? What is your passion? What makes you who you are? Explain. I get up because of my friends. Without them, I probably would fall apart. It's why I don't always mind going to school in the early morning. But I also live for sports. I play 3. I swim, play volleyball, and softball. I had knee surgery and while ago and they said I wouldn't be able to play sports anymore and it just motivated me more to get better and now I'm playing again.

18. Is there anything in your life that you just can’t live without? Would that answer be different in the Wizarding world? Explain. Music and books. I love both. I do both at the same time. Music just makes me feel better, or worse, or whatever I want to feel. I like all different kinds, it's all over the place. And books, you can never fail if when you're bored, you pick up a good book. Books, especially Harry Potter, have gotten me through times when I couldn't get my mind off of things or things like that. I've loved reading since I was old enough to do it.

19. If you had to change one (and only one) thing about yourself (personality, not physical), what would it be? Why? Would you change more things if you could? I would change the fact that I have to study so hard, and still sometimes don't even get that great of grades. They're really important to me and I care about my future. As for changing anything else, I suppose I would just change one other thing, my need for acceptance.

20. If you could go back and tell your eleven year-old self one message, what would it be? Why? I wouldn't tell myself anything. I wouldn't want to spoil the "ending" for myself. Plus, I believe that you learn the best life lessons from your mistakes.

21. If you were the Minister of Magic, what laws would you change? What laws would you add? What laws would you remove? Why? I would change just the fact that the Magical community isn't allowed to do a lot of things freely. And I would try to change the fact that conversing with muggles is frowned upon.

22. Do you enjoy debating controversial topics? Are you easily offended? Have you taken time to read the rules in the Userinfo? Do you think you’ll fit in with this group of people? Yes I do, as I said about politics. I could debate on stuff like that for hours. I did read the user info, and I think that it's going to be fun and interesting, and I would maybe like to meet some new people, as my friends somewhat frown upon my little obsession, so I hope that I will fit in here.

23. If you were sorted into a house that you didn’t feel you belonged in, how would you react? Would you live with it and make the best of it? Would you leave the community? Do you plan to stay and participate in the sub-communities no matter what house you’re sorted into? I am interested in being sorted, because I cannot really decide which one I would HONESTLY be put into. Of course, I would like to be in gryffendor, but I have other qualities as well. I will not leave, I may not be pleased at first, but its fun to see what other people think of you or how they interpret the things you say/do. And I will participate in the other communities.

24. What did you like about this application? What did you dislike about this application? I liked that it made me think, and I actually found out about how I looked at a lot of different things. I didn’t like typing so much, my fingers hurt. but I suppose it's for the better :)

25. And finally, how did you come across this community? If it was an ad from a current student or faculty member, please state their livejournal name and where the ad was placed. (That person will receive House Points for your efforts, so please try to remember.) ummm I was searching on Harry Potter communities and came across yours, and was very interested.
Tags: suspended
Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 16 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →