Maggye (margot_as) wrote in _belong,
Maggye
margot_as
_belong

• Mood:
  • Music:

Lasagna

Name: Maggye

1. You’re walking through Diagon Alley, and a tall man, wearing very expensive-looking robes, drops a small pouch of Galleons on the ground in front of you. He doesn’t seem to notice that he’s dropped the pouch, and it couldn’t be more than enough Galleons to get a few drinks at The Leaky Cauldron. What do you do? Why?
I will call him and run after him to return his money. I can’t take the risk of steeling the money if he is so close to me. If I’m lucky he will be kind enough, to give me a small reward for my good deed, but if he doesn’t give anything, I do have the satisfaction of doing something noble toward someone, and it doesn’t matter that he looks rich, is still his money.

2. In his prime, Dumbledore was a very powerful wizard and a wonderful Headmaster. Do you think that the new Headmistress, Professor McGonagall, will make a good replacement? Why or why not? Who would you have chosen for your Deputy Headship? Why?
I think Minerva McGonagall will do a terrific job. I do think she is a powerful witch, Rowling hasn’t shows us yet what she is capable to do.
Yes is true, Dumbledore was a huge name in the history of the Wizarding world, but Minerva is a fair and focus teacher that was a head of house, and I think that is biggest prove that Professor McGonagall will be up to the challenge. Also, something to consider is the time that Minerva is becoming headmistress, I mean, this is probably the darkest time Hogwarts has ever had in his entire history, and as Headmistress Minerva will have to take in consideration not only the lack of student body, but also the safety of the staff and students. Is well known that Dumbledore had to consider those two things too, but Dumbledore had the advantage of the fear that Voldemort had of him. On the other hand, Minerva doesn’t count with that upside.
Nevertheless, I do think she will do fine as a headmistress she will manage, besides I don’t think she will be alone in this task because all the staff of Hogwarts will help her in this difficult times.

3. The Marauders (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter) clearly had some excellent magical talents (being unregistered Animagi, creating the Marauder’s Map, etc.). Which of the four Marauders do you feel was the most magical wizard in his prime? Why? Who do you feel was the most successful in life? Why?
I really though a long time this question because is not really an easy answer, besides we don’t know a lot of James and his magical powers, we can only assume. So after a lot of consideration I choose: Remus John Lupin. Why? Remus has survived something any of the others Marauders has: 2 documented fights with death eathers (1 in “the Order of the Phoenix” and one in “the Half Blood Prince”), and the most important quality that Remus has is his caution, he is a powerful wizard, and he does not brag about it. He knows how to handle his power, and also and very important he is smart about the power that he has. When I was thinking about who to choose, I immediately took Peter out because he was never powerful, Peter was only looking for protection. James is a powerful wizard, but he doesn’t have the *it* factor in the comments people has made to Harry in books. The only one missing was Sirius, I do believe in the extraordinary abilities of a wizard like Sirius, but this great power comes great responsibility, and Sirius had a problem with the consequences of his actions and his impulses.
A part of being the most powerful wizard is know how to handle your magic, to use it to your own benefit, a good benefit like Dumbledore did in his life, or an evil benefit just like Voldemort is doing. Sirius just doesn’t have that, he is powerful, but he doesn’t has what it takes to be a great wizard (this is my partial opinion I personally adore Sirius).
That’s the reason why I choose Remus, the way his character develops is just hopeful that he will help the Order a lot more in the future.

The most successful in life for me, was James Potter. He had a family and a stable life, we can actually use the phrase “settled down” if we talk about the time he dated Lily. Of course we still don’t know the how, but we do know that they ended up together, and I believe that James love for Lily was real it wasn’t the infatuation we all witness in “Snape worst memory” in The Order of the Phoenix, but of course to clearly say that he was the most successful in life we will have to take away the fact that he died when he was 21 years old. Die bravery, but at the end of the day he died.
Nevertheless, in the way I see James Potter`s life he did live surrounded by people who loved him, and will sacrifice his life for him, and besides he had the chance to find the love of his life and he didn’t let her go. The only missing thing would have been that he didn’t had the chance of raising his son, and share those moments only a father can give a child.

4. Do you feel that Harry was right in using the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book for potions class (Do not take the spells into account in this question.)? Was Hermione right in telling him not to? What would you have done in Harry’s position? Why? What would you have done in Hermione’s position? Why?
I don’t think Harry was right using the book, that was plain old cheating, and he is in a school to learn to do those potions. Nevertheless, if I had been Harry, I would have done the same thing. I’m aware as I said before this form of making your homework is cheating, but I’m a person who kill herself in the school, and gets worried about her grades, so if what it takes for my to have a perfect score, is using a book with the same spells that the teacher is using, but with little tips, go head, and use the book. Just be careful enough to use it without getting caught because that will bring even worse consequences in the class that the lack of use of the book.
I think Harry made a huge mistake when he used the book to attack Malfoy, he was asking to be discover, and frankly for his lack of carefulness he deserved to be caught.

Hermione was absolutely right of telling Harry not to use the book, but I do think that she overreacted a little. It is your responsibility as a friend to tell your friend to do the right thing, but you cannot force someone to drop the book. However, is comprehensible that Hermione wanted so desperately to take the book away from Harry. First, because it was being over shadow in one of the classes with a cheat, and second because she wanted Harry to learn, and in the way Harry handled his fifth year of potions he didn’t learn anything.
I don’t think I would change anything of Hermione approach maybe just being a little less pushy

5. Would you have used the random spells written in the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book (You can't just say you know or could look up the Latin. Imagine that the spells were created in a language you'd never heard of.)? Why or why not?
No or maybe I would have used the tips in the potions, but no the spells. It was way to dangerous not only for the person I’m using the spell on, but also for myself specially if my education in Hogwarts is not complete, and I have little experience with unknown magic.
I think the biggest mistake that Harry made was the use of Sectumsempra on Malfoy. It was careless and if I was Harry I would have been really traumatize, with doing that to someone even to a great enemy like Malfoy.

6. Every day we make many choices. Are you comfortable with the choices you make (large or small), or are you more indecisive? Explain.
I’m very comfortable with the decisions I have made in my life. I’m aware that many of my decision have been risky, but all have been totally worth it. It doesn’t matter if the outcome was bad or good I have always learned from every decision I have made.
I thinks the hardest decision I had to make was to move to USA or not, and even though I was going by myself I did it, and it turned out to be one of the most perfect experience of my life.
So in not so many words: I’m a very decisive person

7. Hermione created S.P.E.W. even though the other students disagreed with her ideas. Are you able to stand up for what you believe in, even if others mock you for your beliefs? Have your opinions (or outspokenness) gotten you into trouble? Explain.
Yes I am able to put my opinion and my believes out in the open, but I don’t normally do it in the way I will like to do it, it a bit hard to explain, but I’ll try to do my best to do it.
If I disagree with someone, and that someone is being rude to my opinions I will genteelly suggest that the other opinion is not mine, and I know is not necessary wrong, but is just not mine. People don’t seem to respond to suggestion or request in arguments, or at least haven’t worked with me.
Normally if people don’t respond to my petition I have the tendency to back out from the person for a while

8. Are there any courses at Hogwarts that you feel should be mandatory, regardless of a student’s chosen career path? Why or why not?
I really think the “Muggle studies” should be mandatory. I’m aware that many students especially Slytherins will be mad about it, but is really important to get to know the world in witch you leave in, and a huge part of that world is the muggles, and we all know that maybe 80% of the wizards don’t know how to behave or mingle with muggles.
I believe in an education that will teach how a TV works will be helpful for many wizards

9. If you were going to teach at Hogwarts, what course would you teach? Describe it for us.
I think I will be teaching Transfiguration. For me is the most interesting art, it requires you to be smart and to visualize what is your objective. I believe is a very analytic subject without being extremely precise like potions.
Besides that, Transfiguration is a essential subject for the life of the average wizard

10. What class do you think you’d excel in at Hogwarts (take into account the teacher and their grading policies, class work, what you’re good at now, etc.)? Why?
I’ll be probably good at history of Magic, I’m a person who is able to study all the dates, places, and names, and actually enjoys doing that because a subject like that can make a cult wizard.
I don’t think I’ll be in trouble with Professor Binns who is famous for ignoring the students and just teach. If my exams and my papers are fine, and deliver in time like I normally do I’ll do great in this subject.
I’ll be good in transfiguration too, because I have a lot imagination and dedication towards a goal, and that are characteristics I think students of that subject require to excel. The normal homework is practice and papers that with a bit of dedication will be ready in one afternoon. Plus, Professor McGonagall is the type of teacher who knows her students If she would see my dedication towards the class she will be please and recommended me to take the NEWTS for Transfiguration.

11. What would your schedule look like at Hogwarts? Would you request use of a time-turner to take loads of classes? Would you take the bare minimum? Explain.
I don’t think I will require a time-turner, but it will be a bit full.
I’ll take transfiguration, charms, Defence against the Dark arts, potions, ancient ruins, and muggle studies
Basically I think that will be a good combination of subjects to achieve any career I choose to follow in the Wizarding world.
I’m aware that are many subjects, but I’m sure I can handle them without magic, because I’m a capable and successful student, that can sacrifice some hours of fun, so she can become something greater in the future

12. Professor Trelawney tells you that the thing you are dreading will happen on the 23rd. What is the thing you are dreading? Do you believe her? How does this affect you? Explain.
The thing I will be dreading about will be death or maybe a huge failure. If I was in Hogwarts I probably assume that I’m having trouble with my housemates, my friends or I’m going to failed a subject.
I don’t think I’ll assume immediately that my death is coming, that just sound a bit extreme especially when you’re 11-17 years old, you just don’t expect dying the next day.
I wouldn’t believe her. It’s not in my nature to believe the mystic I’m more of a science girl just like Hermione. I would do exactly what she did in the first class: storm out after 10 minutes of silliness
And her prediction wouldn’t affect my plans in any meaning. My life will go on like nothing happened.
I just don’t believe in that type of magic, I think those people are extraordinary judges of body language, and they take advantage of people who is naïve

13. Would you bring a pet to Hogwarts? Remember, it can only be a rat, toad, cat, or owl. Which would you choose to bring? Why?
I think I’ll bring an owl to Hogwarts. Of course there less pretty than cat, but in practical terms owls have more uses than a cat.
We do have to take in consideration that Hogwarts has his own owl system, but I have to admit that I wouldn’t trust an unknown owl as much I will trust my own.
Besides If you take in consideration the cleaning side is harder to clean a cat disaster than an owl disaster because owl is in cage.

14. Would you rather have money or fame? Why? What would you do with the money/fame?
I’ll take the money. Money can provide comfortableness. Money can give you the security that maybe if you don’t made it in the career you chose in life, you could restart again. Plus it can secure your future if something bad happen to your parents. I mean just look at Harry. A great disaster happened in his family, but he has the means to get trough life cause his parent where careful enough to didn’t leave him unprotected.
I know it comes to real maybe, but money can guarantee you a stable life especially If something tragically happens
Fame on the other hand, is something that can exist for a day, and next week is gone, and the perks aren’t as many as the one that comes with money.
Beside see it from a cold point of view, you can get easily fame if you have money,. On the other hand is harder to obtain fame if you don’t have the financial support, I’m not saying is impossible I’m just affirming is harder .

15. For each house, give an argument for both why you should be sorted into that House and why you should not be sorted into that House, regardless of your actual opinions of the Houses. Basically, explain what traits you have of each House, and which traits you don't have of each House. Do not just give an explanation of what each House is and isn't.
a. Hufflepuff
For: I’m a patient and compassionate person, and if I feel comfortable I’ll be able to make friend easily

Against: I tent to not believe in the kindness of strangers, or friend sometime. So if I give my friendship, and for some reason you’ll broke it I don’t think I could be loyal to you anymore

b. Slytherin
For: I’m an ambitious person that will take any chances to achieve my goal. I like to show other people what I’m good at, to be admire by my quality or abilities
I’m NOT modest, If I’m good about something is better for you to know it in advance

Against: I don’t a problem with muggleborns or muggles I do believe in the union of the houses

c. Gryffindor
For: I do have opinions of my own, I’m the most passionate girl I know.
I get involved with others, and I’m happy to help people

Against: I’m not a brave person, but I don’t run away from my problems either, but I couldn’t describe myself a girl with courage

d. Ravenclaw
For: I’m a very smart girl, study is my priority, and I don’t have a problems with admitting I’m a library mouse. I work hard for my grades, and I’m satisfied and proud of myself when I do get the grades I deserved

Against: Lately I’m trying to put the whole -study is the most important thing- behind, so I can have a social life because friends and teenage fun is important too, so I think that takes me out of the Ravenclaw radar.

16. If you were participating in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, who would be the one you’d miss most? Why are they so special to you? Explain.
I think the most especial person for me will be my mom.
She has been with me in the good and the bad, she listen to me and tries to give the best advice possible. We have a real open relationship, and she has taught me a lot of how I can be a better person If I trust myself.
She has taught me also to be kind toward others, to consider other people feelings and to be honest,
She told me once to putt a goal in my life, and never give up in the search of my dreams because if you give up other people is not going make your dreams for you.

17. Why do you get up in the morning? What is your purpose in life? What is your passion? What makes you who you are? Explain.
My passion is my career. I’m starting college, I’m beginning my major, but I can frankly see me as a great psychologist. I know I’m going to have the ability to help people with their problems.
Other goal that is more short term, is to win a scholarship in London, studying a broad was an experience that I enjoyed a lot last year, and I’ll be trill to repeat.
One other goal in my life is to get a steady boyfriend, I broke up with my last one a year ago, and love is just not in the air at this moment I have no shame in admitting that sometimes I miss the feeling of having someone by my side.

18. Is there anything in your life that you just can’t live without? Would that answer be different in the Wizarding world? Explain.
I think I don’t have a thing that I can’t live about. I do have a feeling and that’s love or friendship.
I don’t think I could live a solitaire life without my family or my friends, they’re just elements that you have to have in life, because they bring to your day a sense of security that is hard to achieve if you don’t anyone.
I think my answer will apply the same if I was in the wizarding world, but there I will take my wand everywhere also, just as a safety net. If I had to choose a THING I would take my cell phone. That is the best way of being in contact with people without being with them.

19. If you had to change one (and only one) thing about yourself (personality, not physical), what would it be? Why? Would you change more things if you could?
I do like my personality overall. If I had to chance one thing, I will like to be more open to other people I mean, being less shy
I’m horrible for small talk with strangers in a live conversation, is very different here on the net, maybe because I don’t have as many pressure like I have in a one on one, eye to eye conversation with other people.
But normally I’m a happy and cute person, I’m not rude or anything I jus go silent when I can’t figure out what I’m going to say next.
I need a plan when I have a conversation with a total stranger, or the other person can establish the topic

20. If you could go back and tell your eleven year-old self one message, what would it be? Why?
Enjoy your childhood, really, those are the best years of your life. Life is so much easier when you have that age; it sounds cliché and all, but nothing can be more true
And when I was 11 I was sure that life was easier at 18, so two years ago when I turned 18 I realize that life just begun to be awfully difficult because of all the life changing experiences.
So If I was able to go back, and talk to me at 11, I’ll say: be happy and enjoy this moment because once is over there are no time turner that can bring them back.
And as a small tip stay away from any guy with name that start with an “A”. (my two ex boyfriends names started with an A, and we didn’t end in good terms)

21. If you were the Minister of Magic, what laws would you change? What laws would you add? What laws would you remove? Why?
I would putt more severe laws for racism against muggleborns, half human (werewolves etc), or even muggles.
I’ll change Azkaban. The dementors in my opinion are a form or torture , I’ll prefer to impose the death penalty better than torture, and take the souls of the prisoners away, so I’ll change it to an enforce prison, but I don’t really think making a soulless person is the solution for crime.
I’ll enforce the auror system
I would choose more carefully my entourage

22. Do you enjoy debating controversial topics? Are you easily offended? Have you taken time to read the rules in the Userinfo? Do you think you’ll fit in with this group of people?
I’m excited actually for the debates
I don’t take offence that easily, and I know how to debate, but not fight. I respect others opinion, and I think diversity is a basic for the learning experience of any human being, and according to the many things I have had de opportunity to read I’m looking forward to debate here.
I belong to other communities not all Harry Potter related, and I have had a great experience I don’t see why I wouldn’t fit here with persons that are interested in Harry Potter.

23. If you were sorted into a house that you didn’t feel you belonged in, how would you react? Would you live with it and make the best of it? Would you leave the community? Do you plan to stay and participate in the sub-communities no matter what house you’re sorted into?
I’m pretty much open to any option. I think all the houses had great upsides, and they also have downsides, and I’m sure any house will give a new and exciting experience in the community.
I do have an idea of witch house I belong. Is not my choice as a Harry Potter fan, but reading this application over and over I just realize that I’ll be perfect for that house (sorry I’m not telling :P)
But even though, I won’t be in that house I wouldn’t mind be place in an other. Like the question says I’ll live with it and make the best of it that’s in my nature.
I do plan to stay and participate, I love when you click in a community and you feel comfortable enough to be in it every day, and enjoy making friend that maybe can become even real friends, so If I’m sorted I’ll be an eager and active member

24. What did you like about this application? What did you dislike about this application?
I like that the person who is filling the question has the chance to express and be evaluate it for who (in my case) she is. I think the questions are objective and can help to Headmistress and the other members to get to know a little about the person who is going to be sorted.
I didn’t any complain towards this application, the question were direct and well design to express our Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Huglepuff personality

25. And finally, how did you come across this community? If it was an ad from a current student or faculty member, please state their livejournal name and where the ad was placed. (That person will receive House Points for your efforts, so please try to remember.)
I saw a banner in the b0red community it was posted by sonneta
Tags: ravenclaw
Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 22 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →