1. You’re walking through Diagon Alley, and a tall man, wearing very expensive-looking robes, drops a small pouch of Galleons on the ground in front of you. He doesn’t seem to notice that he’s dropped the pouch, and it couldn’t be more than enough Galleons to get a few drinks at The Leaky Cauldron. What do you do? Why?
Pick it up, and make sure he gets it. It might not be worth that much to him, but it is still his, it’s only right to give it back, it’s good karma, and he could need the money for something very important.
2. In his prime, Dumbledore was a very powerful wizard and a wonderful Headmaster. Do you think that the new Headmistress, Professor McGonagall, will make a good replacement? Why or why not? Who would you have chosen for your Deputy Headship? Why?
I think that McGonagall would make a wonderful headmistress; she’s a strong charismatic leader and holds many of the same teachings that Dumbledore did. She may be more upfront about several of her punishment tactics, but in the end, she would try to follow his example. I think that she would in time become quite a bit like Dumbledore, who was renowned for his wisdom and wizardry skills, except in female form. Someone who respects and/or loves someone as much as McGonagall did to Dumbledore would never dirty that person’s name by not doing what the person would have thought was right. I think I would have chosen McGonagall as my Deputy because she has a lot of the same ideas I have, and she would be best for the school.
3. The Marauders (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter) clearly had some excellent magical talents (being unregistered Animagi, creating the Marauder’s Map, etc.). Which of the four Marauders do you feel was the most magical wizard in his prime? Why? Who do you feel was the most successful in life? Why?
Well, in their prime it was a toss up between Sirius and James, both were very successful with magic and both defiantly knew what they were doing. I don’t really know which would have been more powerful, but it was defiantly one of them. Remus was very talented magically, but his was based more on books than on raw talent. Peter was obviously gifted as well, but I don’t think that he ever reached the levels that Sirius, James, and Remus reached. The most successful was defiantly James. James had a good career as an Auror, a beautiful wife, great friends, and a growing family when his life was cut short. I think the second was Remus, because he was strong enough to avoid going over when other were-people did. With all of the things Voldemort was offering, he still managed to stay strong and keep with his loyalties, and in the end it paid off, because now, he has Tonks, who is awesome. Third is Sirius, he never found love, but he always had people who loved him, he did whatever he could to be useful, and he tried his very best to be the person Harry needed. Finally, was Peter, sure, he managed to stay alive, but what’s the point really. He has no one who cares for him, those who even know he’s alive detest him, or want to kill him, or both, he betrayed three people who needed him the most, had his friend sent to Azkaban for it, and lived as a rat for 12 years of his pitiful existence before he went back to Moldy-Voldy. Yes, he stayed alive, but why did he even bother?
4. Do you feel that Harry was right in using the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book? Was Hermione right in telling him not to? What would you have done in Harry’s position? Why? What would you have done in Hermione’s position? Why?
I think that Harry was right to read it, and use that knowledge. There’s no sense in letting such obvious knowledge go to waste. I would have, however shared the book with the others in the class, because knowledge isn’t worth anything if it isn’t known. Hermione, was right; however, in believing it was cheating. If Harry wanted to learn from it, that’s one thing, he should have read it on the side, and ordered a second book.
If I were in Hermione’s situation, I would have told him that, and if I were in Harry’s situation, I would have done that.
5. Would you have used the random spells written in the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book (You can't just say you know or could look up the Latin. Imagine that the spells were created in a language you'd never heard of.)? Why or why not?
I think that doing something with a spell where anything could happen because you had never heard of it before is idiotic, and foolish. It could cause someone to get seriously injured and that’s something I would never want. So in the end, I wouldn’t.
6. Every day we make many choices. Are you comfortable with the choices you make (large or small), or are you more indecisive? Explain. I’m indecisive, but everyone is, and once I make a choice I stand by it, unless or until someone presents me with a clear and present reason not to. I think that if you make a good enough statement to change my mind, then you might be right, and in that case, I’ll probably look into it further.
7. Hermione created S.P.E.W. even though the other students disagreed with her ideas. Are you able to stand up for what you believe in, even if others mock you for your beliefs? Have your opinions (or outspokenness) gotten you into trouble? Explain. Yes, standing up for what you believe in is very important. I would rather be looked down upon for standing up for a worthy cause than just standing aside and being looked up to. Those who are really important will understand that. I have gotten into trouble with teachers before, due to my outspokenness on certain policies dealing with tardiness, but I’ve mostly been able to keep myself calm, and I’ve never openly mocked a teacher. Just stated my opinion, and the reasons I have (and maybe ONE snide remark). It usually happens in classes with idiot teachers, who think that because they have power, they can lord over people, and they state their opinion, like, “If you have been late to class 4 times, your parents should have to take a week off of work, and follow you to every class, to make sure you get there on time,” and I disagreed. I said that it wasn’t possible or helpful, and that most families couldn’t just take a week off of work, and that I really doubted that my parents would be able to just go, hey, Army, we’d love to work, but we have to go to our kid’s school because she’s been late 4 times this year. I said that it was too strict. She went psycho on me and went way off topic and bla bla bla, I just sat there and took it, because, even though she was going on and on about how she was the adult and I was the child, she was the one throwing a temper tantrum, and I knew that I could use that to get out of her class, where I learned nothing. I added a snide remark at the end, and she went off again, but I don’t regret it, because she was being an idiot, and if someone, like a teacher, is stating his or her opinion, why shouldn’t I? I didn’t report her or anything, because she’s a single mother, with three kids, and a teacher, and probably has some serious issues in her life, but all the same the lady is crazy, and I didn’t learn. I’m out of her class now.
8. Are there any courses at Hogwarts that you feel should be mandatory, regardless of a student’s chosen career path? Why or why not?
DADA, Potions, Charms, Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology should be mandatory because they are all important to life. If you happen to be lost in the woods, it would be good to know, what plants are good to eat, and which will end you. If you’re faced with potions, some of which could be potentially dangerous, what will be in them, how can you tell, what color is the illegal love potion, what does Polyjuce have in it, and all that cal. What should you do when you meet an * insert magical animal here * and what to do to escape with, oh say, your life, are all very important things to know. Charms of course, because they are insanely useful, in day to day life, as well as in getting in and out of places and finally DADA because you need to know what is out there, how it will try to kill/maim/eat/destroy/whatever you and/or your family/friends, and how you can stop it.
9. If you were going to teach at Hogwarts, what course would you teach? Describe it for us.
If I was going to teach at Hogwarts I would teach DADA or History of Magic. I know this because I like to have people be able to protect themselves, and I’m a bit of a whore for history. I’ve always been a receptacle for dates and facts, and it’s helped me more than once. I’d try to make the class fun, because people are more open to learning whey they’re involved and having fun. In DADA and History of Magic, there are debates you could have, and most people can get involved in debates.
10. What class do you think you’d excel in at Hogwarts (take into account the teacher and their grading policies, class work, what you’re good at now, etc.)? Why?
I think I’d do best in History, DADA, and Potions. I’m sure that I’d do well enough at the other things, like Charms, but truth be told I’ve always been very interested in those three, or rather, their relation to Muggle classes, and I tend to focus on things I like, I don’t like the way that Snape teaches, but you can’t win them all, and at least he knows what he’s doing.
11. What would your schedule look like at Hogwarts? Would you request use of a time-turner to take loads of classes? Would you take the bare minimum? Explain.
I try hard, but I know that there is no way I could take time-turner intensities of work. Not unless I was going to be able to use that time turner to get extra sleep and have extra relax time, which I doubt. I’d take a full schedule, but I wouldn’t overwork myself, I need my beauty sleep. * hair toss *
12. Professor Trelawney tells you that the thing you are dreading will happen on the 23rd. What is the thing you are dreading? Do you believe her? How does this affect you? Explain.
It’s probably news from family that things are bad; someone is sick, or dead, or hurt very badly. I would defiantly take action to secure that my friends and family know how much I love them, but I wouldn’t classify that as “believing her.” It would worry me, but you can’t change what’s going to happen, and you certainly can’t stop death. All you can do is mention that you love them, and let them go with that satisfaction that they were loved in this world, and will be loved in the next.
13. Would you bring a pet to Hogwarts? Remember, it can only be a rat, toad, cat, or owl. Which would you choose to bring? Why? I would take a cat. As a matter of fact I would take my cat. His name is George and he is evil, but oh so cute and fluffy. I think he might be anti-social, but we could fix that over time, and hopefully avoid having people’s faces clawed off in the meanwhile. He’s just a big sweetie, honest. I’d say an owl, but I have really bad luck with birds. Really, really bad luck.
14. Would you rather have money or fame? Why? What would you do with the money/fame? Money, fame is over rated, and you can’t take two steps without being mobbed. Money, unfortunately, is the root of evil, and what really makes the world go ‘round. That said, money allows you to make your friends and family happy, to keep them safe, to an extent, and to make sure they stay alive, and don’t go homeless or without food, and that’s far more important than being a model and whatnot.
15. For each house, give an argument for both why you should be sorted into that House and why you should not be sorted into that House, regardless of your actual opinions of the Houses. Basically, explain what traits you have of each House, and which traits you don't have of each House. Do not just give an explanation of what each House is and isn't.
For: I’m nice to most people I meet, and I generally care for animals and plants, my family, and I’m pretty loyal. I generally like most people I come across, and I wouldn’t hesitate to trust them. Justice is really important to me, and I wish the world was just.
Against: I have to much of a temper to be in Hufflepuff, one of those serious hard core, tempers, and when provoked I have been known to… well, lets just say a finger was broken and a few people were on the ground, but they really deserved it and anyone who’s going to go harass me should know in advance, besides, I warned them three times. In addition I don’t trust authority, and finally I’ve never really liked the color yellow.
I don’t like to use people, but I have, and I can manipulate most people into believing me. It helps that I fit the ‘good girl’ look, and act, and I don’t do drugs, but the manipulation thing has gotten me out of sticky spots before. Oh, I lie occasionally.
Against: I would never put myself ‘above’ someone, or hurt them just to get what I want. I’m not saying that I haven’t used people, but if I can avoid it, I will.
For: I’d rather die than see anyone around me get hurt. I go straight into the fray, and I have strong morals. I’m stubborn as hell, and if I feel strongly enough about a cause, I do something about it. I don’t like to feel helpless. I love adventure, and do things that are considered dangerous, but really they aren’t.
Against: I wouldn’t to do something dangerous (pranks, risky driving, bla bla bla) if it could hurt someone else, I have a line, and I don’t like to cross it with the actions I make, and the jokes I pull.
For: I’m intelligent, and I try hard, when I want to. I read, excessively, not saying that all Ravenclaws do, but that’s me. I think about things for hours on end, and take most advice to heart.
Against: I don’t think much about my actions or words before I act on them. I am impulsive, which is bad, but we all have our faults.
16. If you were participating in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, who would be the one you’d miss most? Why are they so special to you? Explain.
Karla G. She’s my best friend. I don’t know how many nights I’ve been up for hours on the phone with her, through the middle of the night and past… as a matter of fact, we’re talking as I write this, and as I revise it. We seriously talk everyday and we tell each other everything, almost. She and I watch out for each other, and we are SO alike, it’s kind of scary, because we take online quizzes, and lo and behold, we always get the same answer, even though she and I act/dress/look differently, and come from such different backgrounds. We’re cool like that. Her or my mom, my worst nightmare was the one where my mom died.
17. Why do you get up in the morning? What is your purpose in life? What is your passion? What makes you who you are? Explain.
My friends and family. They are everything to me, and they mean everything to me. School and boys and everything else is important, but Family and Friends, I couldn’t live without them. I want to protect them, I want to keep them safe, and I want to have as much fun as I possibly can with them, while I can.
18. Is there anything in your life that you just can’t live without? Would that answer be different in the Wizarding world? Explain. Like I said before, my friends and family, I doubt that something like that would change just because I lived in another world. I don’t think that will, or would, ever change.
19. If you had to change one (and only one) thing about yourself (personality, not physical), what would it be? Why? Would you change more things if you could? I would stop procrastinating as much as I do. If I could just start with things faster, I know I could get so much more done, so much quicker.
20. If you could go back and tell your eleven year-old self one message, what would it be? Why? Relax, you’re gonna be fine. Oh and listen to Mom. I’d say that because I didn’t think that things would ever fit, I didn’t think that I would ever fit, and my Mom just kept saying, it will, you will, it’ll be fine, honest. If I had started listening to her earlier, I would have gotten through my “bad place” faster.
21. If you were the Minister of Magic, what laws would you change? What laws would you add? What laws would you remove? Why?
I think there would be a grand total of two things I would do in office, the first would be to set up an election for the MofM, the second would be to resign. I’ve never wanted power like that, I just want to help people, and being in the FBI requires no fame. It’s not that I’m a bad leader, I just think that someone else who has been trained for it, who knows all the laws and all the reasons behind them, and who’s willing to play those god damned head games. Politics has never appealed to me; too much kid-glove use and I don’t want to wear them out so quickly.
22. Do you enjoy debating controversial topics? Are you easily offended? Have you taken time to read the rules in the User info? Do you think you’ll fit in with this group of people?
Yes, no, yes, yes. Yes, because controversial topics are important, which is why they’re controversial, because people have strong feelings towards the issue. No, because I am not easily offended, mainly because I’m not closed minded. I’ve moved around a lot, being an army brat and all, so I don’t usually just take things for face value. Yes, again, because I have read the User info. And finally, Yes, because you dudes seem pretty cool, and I tend to like people.
23. If you were sorted into a house that you didn’t feel you belonged in, how would you react? Would you live with it and make the best of it? Would you leave the community? Do you plan to stay and participate in the sub-communities no matter what house you’re sorted into?
I’m sure the house I’ll be sorted into will be right for me. I can’t say for sure that I’ll be able to, but I’m pretty certain I have the time. I’m only saying that because things change and if I suddenly find myself swamped, I’ll let you know immediately.
24. Would you change this application in any way? If so, how? Why or why not?
If I could change this sorter application I might ask, what your boggart might be, if faced with it, then this could not only help you sort people, by finding their fear, but you could also help them understand themselves better.
25. And finally, how did you come across this community? If it was an ad from a current student or faculty member, please state their live journal name and where the ad was placed. (That person will receive House Points for your efforts, so please try to remember.)
I just found this little banner while I was looking for icons somewhere. I’m really sorry whoever put it up. It was the first one in the clicky-banners section, if that helps.