Gender: I have ovaries!
1. You’re walking through Diagon Alley, and a tall man, wearing very expensive-looking robes, drops a small pouch of Galleons on the ground in front of you. He doesn’t seem to notice that he’s dropped the pouch, and it couldn’t be more than enough Galleons to get a few drinks at The Leaky Cauldron. What do you do? Why?
…Completely on impulse, I stoop down and pick up the coin purse, calling out to the man at the same time. Thinking back to the reasoning behind my actions is harder- it’s simply a reaction that has been pressed into me for years by my responsible parents. I also have a very strong sense of self-policement. One of my worst fears at this time is losing myself to immoral tendancies or practices, and no matter how small the ethical dilemma, I am forced to step back and think about things.
2. In his prime, Dumbledore was a very powerful wizard and a wonderful Headmaster. Do you think that the new Headmistress, Professor McGonagall, will make a good replacement? Why or why not? Who would you have chosen for your Deputy Headship? Why?
…A replacement for Dumbledore? I hope he’s the sort of person people find to be irreplacable, because if Dumbledore’s your everyday man, I’m doomed if I ever want to achieve anything, or even be anything notable. So, anywhoop… McGonagall has enough responsibility and (thankfully) the same type fo wisdom that Dumbledore had. She seems like she needs a leader though, like if she’s faced with trouble, she’ll feel lost without Dumbledore. A headmaster for Hogwarts should be kind, understanding, thoughtful, compassionate, strict, inteligent, equipped with blazing passion, and above all, they need to know themselves well enough to trust themselves with the school.
My deputy (*lowls as she envisions cowboy hats, boots and sherrif’s badges*) would be, um, my friend Ole. Because he’s intelligent, he has Dumbledore eyes, and he always stays sensible, but in a way that will never make anyone feel bad. And he would shank Voldemort pretty bad.
3. The Marauders (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter) clearly had some excellent magical talents (being unregistered Animagi, creating the Marauder’s Map, etc.). Which of the four Marauders do you feel was the most magical wizard in his prime? Why? Who do you feel was the most successful in life? Why?
…Well, the fact that Remus Lupin is the only one to have survived and not had to hide for thirteen years diguised as a rat should reveal something.
Initially I would suggest him to be the most succesful, but he held back a lot. He’s suffered through werewolfism, but so far he hasn’t gone anywhere with that… his greatest achievement isn’t staying alive, it’s staying loyal to his friends, I would say- being a good, terribly good person, even as he had to suffer so much.
Peter was morally corrupt, or weak, at least, and so, he fails. *VETO stamps the backstabber’s head*
James got married. I would say that’s a score one for Prongs. Sirius got arrested and thrown in jail- my views on him are similar to my views on Lupin, except more so. But, in the end, I would say Lupin in the most balanced, so, he wins at being successful.
…and alive. As for being the most magical, wth? I feel “magical” is a very maleable adjective, unless one of the four were secretly a squib or something dumb like that.
4. Do you feel that Harry was right in using the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book? Was Hermione right in telling him not to? What would you have done in Harry’s position? Why? What would you have done in Hermione’s position? Why?
…First off. Hermione was doing the right thing because that was her standing up for what she believed in. Dead-on, never hide your intuitions unless doing so will benefit you. Harry has the right to use whatever the bloody squib he wants to to study, yes, even cheat-sheet equivalents. It should all be up to what the student wants and needs to learn, not what the standards need us to know. In Harry’s position, Id’ve kept the book. In Hermione’s, I would tell Harry to stop being stupid and realise there was something dark about the book. Finito.
5. Would you have used the random spells written in the Half-Blood Prince’s potions book (You can't just say you know or could look up the Latin. Imagine that the spells were created in a language you'd never heard of.)? Why or why not?
…Hard one. Cool. Uh, not at the random points Harry chose… he was like, “Malfoy pissing me off? ZING! Slash slash!” It was fun, interesting, but not for me. I need to know the Id of things before I toss them at other people, lest I ruin their life, or ruin our relationship, or ruin my life, or ruin anything really, because when I ruin something, it bothers me. And, Harry was dumb for using spells fro mthe book after he saw some of the nasty ones. Am I not remembering things right? Sorry, it’s 3:57 am here…
6. Every day we make many choices. Are you comfortable with the choices you make (large or small), or are you more indecisive? Explain.
…Yummy, who writes these? Good. Okay, I am never comfortable. (It took me an entire, like, twenty seconds to decide on that “Okay…” scentance. I kept pausing. Lool) Which is odd for me to say, because at first I was going to write “YES!” after that, I realized I rarely do anything without thinking it through first. But I also think through these scenarios where my thinking takes too long, and I “miss the train”, and I don’t get to live life at all. I wish I were a bit more impulsive, but I’m afraid if I were, I would fall into drugs or booze or something, like a lot of teens do. It would be bad for me.
7. Hermione created S.P.E.W. even though the other students disagreed with her ideas. Are you able to stand up for what you believe in, even if others mock you for your beliefs? Have your opinions (or outspokenness) gotten you into trouble? Explain.
…Ooooh yesss. I do most things my way, and if someone has a problem with it, I bow to them and let them have /their/ way… because that’s the way /I/ operate. Coo, huh? The only problem is, sometimes I come out looking insane. Yes. I’m the girl you see dancing down the street or swinging from streetlamps, singing at night. I know people need to sleep. Maybe they can handle just a little singing? No? Drat. I’m not afraid to be stupid whilst being me, but I am afraid to be stupid whilst being soeone else. My dramatic nature takes hold sometimes and creates new personas for me. Wheeeeee. Oh, and when I was very young, I fancied myself a detective and embarrassed myself horrendously. Since, I don’t volunteer strangeness in classroom situations.
8. Are there any courses at Hogwarts that you feel should be mandatory, regardless of a student’s chosen career path? Why or why not?
Oh. Yes. Please. History of Magic. If you’re muggleborn or pureblood or WHATEVER, you NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED to construct the environment you live in. History makes you so much more educated. You really need it. Also mandatory should be potions, I think, because it’s something very physical, tied to you eternaly- it’s YOUR body. You need to know what’s going in it. And Care of Magical Creatures is important.
9. If you were going to teach at Hogwarts, what course would you teach? Describe it for us.
…Art! No, I’m not kidding. Hogwarts needs an art class. We would cover muggle theories, and take stuff to the next level. Can you imagine performance art pieces involving magic? They would be AMAZING. For just visual arts, we could have a short course in photography/video, making art from the very awesome moving photograph developing fluid… so many possibilities, and all of it passed up for classes like arithmancy.
10. What class do you think you’d excel in at Hogwarts (take into account the teacher and their grading policies, class work, what you’re good at now, etc.)? Why?
Hmm… I suppose Care of Magical Creatures, because I’m willing to approach new things- escpecialy fellow life forms- with the idea that “all we are is energy”. We’re all made of atoms, and our differences depend on the structures of those atoms. We’re all in the same group here on Earth. The cirriculum sounds good- sketching creatures (awesome anatomy references) learning about all of the htigns that make them them. That’s fascinating, and I only learn from engaging classes, unfortunately. (Other classes, I tend to flop over lifeless.)
11. What would your schedule look like at Hogwarts? Would you request use of a time-turner to take loads of classes? Would you take the bare minimum? Explain.
…I would know that I’m the kind of girl who needs time to be herself and to do her own things. Read, escpecialy. No crowded schedules for me, danke, or I will fume, and my grades will dive bomb… ): Structure depresses me. I would take classes I enjoy, and the classes I don’t like, well, I’d hope to make friends in those classes so it’s tolerable…
12. Professor Trelawney tells you that the thing you are dreading will happen on the 23rd. What is the thing you are dreading? Do you believe her? How does this affect you? Explain.
…What Trelawney? The 23d, Trelawny? Um. That I’ll get drunk, or high, or stupid, or weak, or talentless, or sad, or… nevermind, Trelawney. Everything’s temporary. Some things lastl onger than others, I see. What? Oh, dreading like that. Yes, the thing at the edge of my bed is still there. No, I can’t see it! Are you stupid? Of course I can’t see it. Yes, I know it’s there. Yes, I know it’s going to scare me on the 23d, and that I’ll go into a coma after that. Yes, yes, shut up now, please, for god’s sakes.
13. Would you bring a pet to Hogwarts? Remember, it can only be a rat, toad, cat, or owl. Which would you choose to bring? Why?
I love me some felines. I haven’t had much exposure to owls, but I’m certain I would love them, too. In fact, I’d brign an owl. It would go everywhere with me- it’d be a small one, brown and grey and cream and black and chocolate colored, with really cool eyes, that would trirrr with me as I sang, so we could sing together. It would bush up it’s feathers, and flatten them once more, and I’d play with it and my friends would be like, “Kim. Wth. Stop playing with that owl and get some work done.” And I would be like. “Nein!” I would laugh. “I should use my life to do things I enjoy. Okay.” Then later that night I would come to full realizaton of how badly I’ve procrastinated, and hate myself for it. And maybe hate the owl for it too. It’s name might be Fitzpatrick.
14. Would you rather have money or fame? Why? What would you do with the money/fame?
Oh, fame. Money is something imaginary, modern. It’s all invented, for them ost part it’s in the head. Sure, financial backing will get you places, but then whenever you achieve anything, people just shove you off, saying, “Hey, we knew YOU could climb mount everest- you’re a trillionaire.” With fame, you might be tailed by cameramen, but you can use that to your advantage. With fame, people care about what you have to say, what you do and are. Wit hmoney, people care about have you OWN.
15. For each house, give an argument for both why you should be sorted into that House and why you should not be sorted into that House, regardless of your actual opinions of the Houses. Basically, explain what traits you have of each House, and which traits you don't have of each House. Do not just give an explanation of what each House is and isn't.
Sense of kinship with everyone and everything aroudn me; acceptance.
I am not a partygoer… I am a movie watcher, friend hanger outer wither, bread and cookie baker. That’s all. I am incapable of letting loose. INCAPABLE do you hear me. K
I have this… terrifying streak of hidden, and I think, innate malicia. When I was very young, I made a noose and… as my memory serves… tried to keep my cat on a leash there, which turned into her almost strangling. My mind works almost like a german fairy-tale sometimes. It’s a fairy tale, but it’s dark in a way that’s truly nasty. I tend to snag and gravitate to the most horrible things. Or, I used to. I think I’m adressing this problem now, myself, and I think this inner demon’s lilting away as I type. (:
I don’t sacrifice friends when it comes to a direct confrontation. And I don’t want to be world-famous, rich, or anything.. my ideal social placement is middle-class.
I am BRAVE! RAWR!
For a little illumination, I am brave in the sense that I approach things when no one else will, if I feel they need to be approached.
I’m not confident, and I don’t feel the need to prove myself.
I guess I’m kind of a smartie. If not, then I do have the gift of sounding smart, at times, and that counts for something.
If there is something I’m not, it’s a magnificent student. I don’t give my best in subjects I don’t feel interested in. In the end, it can all come down to the subject, or the teaching methods used… If I don’t feel like I’m contributing, I can’t learn, and I can’t study, and it’s all gets progressively worse.
16. If you were participating in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, who would be the one you’d miss most? Why are they so special to you? Explain.
…Hm. Probably my brother. Even if he’s been terribly violent lately, he’s probably the person who understands, accepts and loves me best. Maybe not loves. But those first two are so important. If not Matt, then my previously mentioned buddy Ole, because he’s very good at hugging.
17. Why do you get up in the morning? What is your purpose in life? What is your passion? What makes you who you are? Explain.
…I get up in the morning because I’m not a fat slob. My purpose in life is to live it, and to read and experience and eat and poop and all those wonderful things. My passion is experiencing things, and reflecting those experiences through art, and through myself- being a carnival mirror for the world. A genetic code makes me who I am, and all the things that I’ve percieved to have happened to me over the years. No. I won’t explain. ;D
18. Is there anything in your life that you just can’t live without? Would that answer be different in the Wizarding world? Explain.
People, food, written language, music, art, people, oxygen, people, the past, and some darn good memories from childhood. Having The Lion King, Totoro, and The Nightmare Before Christmas around help whenever I want to zone out and travel back 15 years. You know, maybe things would be different if I were raised as a Witch.
19. If you had to change one (and only one) thing about yourself (personality, not physical), what would it be? Why? Would you change more things if you could?
I would give myself superhuman ability. Like, flight, or magnetism, or ultimate, undeniable charisma or soemthing. Kimberly! Mistress of the Sushi Bar!
20. If you could go back and tell your eleven year-old self one message, what would it be? Why?
WHEN YOU GO TO AUSTRIA YOU’D BETTER APPRECIATE IT, BLISTERING BARNACLES.
(Capslock added for effect. Please understand the nessecity for this short message; it’s what feel’s right in this message to myself.)
21. If you were the Minister of Magic, what laws would you change? What laws would you add? What laws would you remove? Why?
Too much to think about there. Go away. Why not remove them all? I’d say, “Yay! Alright everyone, it’s Anrachy Hour! Go be free for an hour and see how you like it!” And after that they’d take the Ministry away from me, I could flee the country and fly via magic carpet to Finland, and live the rest of my days there. The responsibilities of being Minister are too much for me. I’m smart enough to know when I’ve taken on too much, and I bring that to people’s attentions’ pretty well.
22. Do you enjoy debating controversial topics? Are you easily offended? Have you taken time to read the rules in the Userinfo? Do you think you’ll fit in with this group of people?
Yes; I enjoy debating anything. Any chance I have to sound intelligent, I take, because it boosts my self-esteem. (Ego? I hope not. o_o) I… think being easily offended… is wasteful. I don’t normally, but sometimes I get grumpy and mumble something sarcastic or retalitory just to make myself feel better, and in those situations I’m rarely sincere with what I say or even think. (: Yes, I read the rules. I’m capable of fitting in with this group I think, it seems like I must be full of dependable people. Weather I’ll be totally responsible enough to stay and complete classes and such on time in in question.
23. If you were sorted into a house that you didn’t feel you belonged in, how would you react? Would you live with it and make the best of it? Would you leave the community? Do you plan to stay and participate in the sub-communities no matter what house you’re sorted into?
It’s handy to have all this on LJ, which I check every day. I hope it won’t be too hard to keep up with. Yes, I will try to. Yes, I am busy and unorganised. I’m pretty much empty for suggestions. I’m such a mercurial person that I can see myself in ANY house, truth be told. The one thing I do fear is people getting misconceptions at my answers because they sound dumb at times, or because I’m not the kind of person to make things superbly fancy. I also understand I have the tendancy to sound offensive and snap-snap-snap in your face witty when I’ve been playing the insomniac. I just hope my fears aren’t confirmed.
24. Would you change this application in any way? If so, how? Why or why not?
Pssh, no, of course not. It’s perfect. Just kidding! I recommend you have a visual component, such as have a person submit a photograph or image that represents themselves- it could be abstract, or a real photo of them, or a photo of a rubber duck- they would have to explain it, though. A personal reflection, if you will.
25. And finally, how did you come across this community? If it was an ad from a current student or faculty member, please state their livejournal name and where the ad was placed. (That person will receive House Points for your efforts, so please try to remember.)
…Yes, Melisus was kind enough to post a nice description and url for us to follow; we all flocked like sheep, I’ll bet. C: