2. Age: 31
3. Gender: Female
I am heavily involved in my local Catholic parish, being a key member of the music ministry, social committee and young Catholic social group. Being a born again Christian has contributed a lot to how I interact with other people. I am much more tolerant, accepting and forgiving than I used to be. Besides that, I love to play games. My friends and I have a regular card night where we play Canasta (I’m very good at it). I love singing, so I can often be found with my best friend at a karaoke bar or just in my living room playing SingStar on the PS2. My love of singing and acting makes me a bit of show off and I am very extroverted.
5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain. I think I can really relate to Lily Potter. I would like to think I would be the sort of person who would sacrifice everything, including my life, to protect those that I love. Beside that, she seems to be someone that can be relied upon and is compassionate and that is something that I think everyone should strive to be like.
6. Give us explanations and reasons for and against you being sorted into each house.
For: I have been know to be chivalrous and bold
Against:I’m not particularly courageous in any way. I look terrible in red.
For: I am hard-working and fair and I do love to make friends
Against: I am not know for my patience. I look terrible in yellow.
For: I do value intelligence, knowledge and wit. I look good in blue (it is my favourite colour)
Against: I may not actually be intelligent enough for Ravenclaw.
For: I am ambitious and resourceful and look fabulous in green and silver.
Against: I’m not very cunning and I think have too much respect for people and life to be in this house.
7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?
I hated when Sirius and Dumbledore were killed. Sirius, because it happened so quickly and without much fight. I think that he would have hated going out that way. Dumbledore because once again it happened so quickly and the circumstance behind the death has left so many unanswered questions, which I know will probably be answered when Deathly Hallows is released, but that still bug me. I have an inquisitive mind that has been trying to figure out why Snape would do that ever since it happened.
8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?
It’s such a complete escape from the world we know and live in. I love my life and everything and everyone in it, but sometimes it’s nice to emerge yourself completely in a world that is so completely removed from yours. I love the magic.
9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?
Of course I would. Once someone has won my heart, I am completely devoted to them and would do anything for them, including giving up everything even my life.
10. If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?
My wedding day. It was such a perfect day but it went so fast that I love to just relive it over and over again. Everyone was so happy and the day was filled with love, not just love between my husband and me but love from everyone, all our friends and family, even those who hadn’t met before. I was just magical.
11. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?
Shopping. I know it sound so lame and girly but I get a little thrill when I find something that is perfect for me, whether it be a t-shirt with a catchy slogan or the perfect pair of shoes (of which I have a closet full *grin*). I also love singing, especially if its church related. When I am lifting my voice and singing to God, it feels more like praying than being on my knees and silent. I don’t know what it is but when I am singing to God my voice sounds crisper and cleaner and people do notice and mention it.
12. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?
I have to admit that I did think the Marauders behaved terribly towards Snape. I am a firm believer in respect towards all you fellow man, whether you like them or not. I do not believe in hurting people just because I don’t like them. I will always so respect and courtesy to people. That said I will not pretend to be friends with someone that I do not like and I will usually make that pretty clear to them. I think, again, that in this scene I related to Lily most of all. Showing compassion, even when it’s to someone that may not like you or that judges you is what makes us different from the animals.
13. If you had access to a time turner without worry of not being able to return, nor any other restrictions, what would you use it for and why?
This is going to sound really lame but I’ve always wanted to know what it would have been like to sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to him preach. I mean this is a man that so changed the world that our calendar is based on his life. He was something extraordinary and I would love to have just heard him talk.
14. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation?
I have to admit I probably would have asked them if I could go with them. I’m always eager to help those in my life, even if they may not need my help.
15. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.
I’ve kind of already answered this question. Jesus Christ.
16. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?
Emma by Jane Austin. I just love the story. Here is this woman who thinks so very highly of herself, running around trying to improve the lives of all those she loves only to constantly mess up their affairs and misunderstand people. On top of all that, she’s so busy with everyone else’s business that she almost missed out on the love of her life. How perfectly flawed she is, just like, well me and I think people in general. Perfectly flawed.
17. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?
No, I don’t believe Ron was justified in his behaviour towards Harry, although I do understand where he was coming from. It’s very difficult to be friends with someone who seems to have everything that you want. For Harry, maybe he should’ve have gotten as angry as he did but I do understand what if feel like to be in a competition with a friend when you aren’t really competing, and once again understand how exasperating it can be.
18. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school?
Potions. In schools I had a natural aptitude for Chemistry, strangely enough so I think I’d be very good at Potions class. My other strong point was Maths – which I’ve kind of turned into a career (I’m an Accountant). I was very good a drama – but I don’t think that counts
19. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? How does it relate to what you wish to do (or are currently doing) in the future?
I think I’d like to be and Alchemist because I’d like a career which introduced me to a lot of people and that was interesting enough that I would never get bored with it. I’d choose this because it is probably about as far away from what I have chosen in real life as possible and as much as I love me work, it can be very monotonous.
20. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?
I have never been the sort of person that would judge another based on the colour of their skin or what sort of clothes they were wearing so I have no problem with Muggle-borns at all. As long as they treat me and everyone else with respect and courtesy, I would have not problem with them whatsoever. I value people who know when and how to just let loose and have fun. I love people that can make me laugh.
21. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?
Gosh, that’s a hard one. Common Sense and Logic I kind of already have. I am very creative but I suppose I could be more so, but I don’t think I need any more Optimism at all. I do not have much Physical Strength but I’ve also never really needed it and I suppose everyone wants to be more attractive than they are. So I guess logically, I don’t need the Well of Optimism and I do need the Well of Physical Strength.
22. If you had to make 5 Horcruxes, who are what objects would you choose and why? Meaning, what means the most to you and why what significance does it have that you would want to put your soul into it?
My wedding ring - obviously as it is the single most symbolic piece of jewellery in my life.
My bible - I have used it to relocate my soul at all the critical moments in my life
My watch – it was gift for my 21st birthday and it has served me faithfully these 12 years
My piano – music is as much a part of my soul as anything else
Tiara – a beautiful silver tiara that is encrusted with crystal’s and fake diamonds. I wore it the day I pledge my heart and soul to another and it hasn’t done anything else since so why not :D
23. What would your boggart form be and why?
My first thought was spiders but I think it would be more like Molly Weasley’s. Just seeing all the people I care about dead before me. That is the thing I fear most.
24. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)
You know when you go for a job interview and they say something like “Do you have any questions?” and you can never think of any right then and there and about ½ hour after you walk out of the room you think of about 10 questions. I have a feeling this question is like that and as soon as I submit this application, I will think of several things very witty and clever that I should have said but I can not for the life of me think of anything right now. I am very overly critical of myself and am a bit of a perfectionist.
I like to sing in the shower (which is actually true). I heard about the community from lexy_malfoy. I have two tattoos and my tongue is pierced. I write fan-fiction in my spare time and I totally ship Draco/Hermione. Right, that’s about all. Thank you for your time and I hope I answered every question satisfactory.