abstract_silver
abstract_silver
_belong

• Mood:
  • Music:
1. Name: Georgia

2. Age: 17

3. Gender: Female

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?
I really enjoy writing, and would aspire to be a journalist one day. In my spare time, I’m most likely writing something, whether it be Fan fiction, a practise article on something, or making up interviews (yeah, I’m strange like that) or working on my novel. For me, writing is a stress reliever, and I go into my own little fictional world, that I have created.
I also like reading, mostly the Harry Potter books, but also books like Inheritance series and Myst series. At the moment I am reading Interview with a Vampire, and the devil wears prada. Reading also puts me into my world, and into someone else’s worlds.
I also painting, and working on my various Art projects (I do two art classes at school).
I like hanging out with my friends, and going to see movies and buying and sharing music, with my best friend. Going to gigs and having an awesome time.

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favourite? Again, explain.
I have two favourite characters, the first, was tragically and unexpectedly killed during GoF. Cedric Diggory.
I am not sure why I found my self so attached to him. But since he was first mention in PoA, by Fred and George, I was totally intrigued. I was very excited when I found him to be a leading character in GoF, only to be devastated by his death. I saw Cedric as a real role modal for his peers, since so many of the younger students looked up to him and admired him.
The second, was tragically and unexpectedly killed during OooP. I’m also not sure why I was drawn to Sirius so much, but I am completely in love with him. I know that sounds weird right? He’s a character, but to me, all the HP characters are real, I’ve been hearing HP being read to me since I was little.
When he first appeared in PoA, I was terrified of him. But after he explained everything, I really grew to like him more and more. By the end of the book, he was my favourite. When his role wasn’t as big in GoF, I was a little shattered, but naturally, I was all excited about Cedric’s role.

I relate to Seamus F. the most, I think. Mainly because of his character. He’s always been sort of the, “comic relief” character. And I tend to do stupid things, like try the same thing over and over again, even though its not doing anything (like Seamus trying to turn his water into Rum in PS).
In the fifth book, people were turned against him when he spoke out against Harry because of what his mother had spent the summer telling him that Harry was a liar, and he was insane and blah blah blah. I think that if I was in the same situation as he was, I wouldn’t just think, “oh, Harry said this, so it must be true” and I’d probably listen to my father, because lets face it, I know I cant trust my father. (I know it was Seamus’ mother, but I don’t have one).
In the end though, when the evidence was there, Seamus came around, and admitted he was wrong.
When I’m wrong, I admit it, and I do my best to make it up to anyone I’ve hurt. In the end, I like to think that I do the right thing. Like Seamus did.

6. Give us explanations and reasons for and against you being sorted into each house.
a. Gryffindor
For: I’m brave, and I don’t anything to stand up for what I think is right. I’d fight to the death if I had to. I have virtues and values that I look for in other people, and hold in myself. I’m a fast think and quick to act. I can jump into almost anything without knowledge, and make it up as I and still manage to get through it.
Against: I’m not noble, like Gryffindor’s tend to be. I’m fairly selfish and mostly when I do something, its for my own gain, but if someone else benefits from it, that’s great, but hardly my intention.
Gah! I know its not long, and its probably not a very good indication, but that is honestly all I cant come up with for both for and against Gryffindor. I’m really sorry, I know I’m not helping!

b. Hufflepuff
For: I am fiercely loyal towards my friends. I’m pretty much nice to everyone I meet, too. I love talking to different people, and just having fun with them and stuff. I love to meet new people, I think its so exiting. I believe that’s its better to have a fair and honest go at something, than to cheat or do something to gain an advantage, and win without dignity. Simply because failing with honour, is better than winning by disgrace.
Against: I want to fit in, and make new friends and stuff, So I don’t always act like myself, I do things that I wouldn’t normally do if I was around my real friends and stuff. I’m also not very patient, and have a short temper, when people annoy me, or say or do something I don’t agree with, then they have lost any hope of being my friend. I just can’t stand it. I’m not very tolerant.

c. Ravenclaw
For: I’m very Intelligent. Not just as in book smart, but I also have very good common sense. I have a higher reading level than both my parents. When I read things, I take in all the information that other people miss, and I’m able to recall that information back when needed. I’m fairly witty, and prefer to talk to, and laugh with adults rather than people my own age, because I value good conversation as a quality in people. I’m very mature and rational.
Against:I’m not good at all my subjects. I can not do maths or science, at all. And was forced to drop them so that I didn’t pull down my over all grades. I don’t work as hard on all my subjects as a typical Ravenclawian would, and I don’t just like learning straight from a text book. I like to have hands on approaches, and laughing, and fun mixed in to it al well, rather than just sit down, and learn.

d. Slytherin
For: I can be some what manipulative, when trying to get my own way. I tend to take things one step further than other people when trying to reach a goal. I’m fairly cunning. I’m also fairly opinionated, though open minded, I won’t take on board someone else’s opinion/views/beliefs, merely acknowledge that they have one. I’m very determined, and know exactly what I want, and how to achieve that. And I wont stop until I have what I want.
Against: I wouldn’t walk all over someone to get what I want, rather, I’d find an alternative way to get it. I’m a “goody-goody” and hate breaking the rules for any reasons at all. I’m careless with authority and would prefer to have it on my side, if it possible. But I also don’t “suck up” or rely on my charm for that happen. I would do anything to get my own way, while I’d try my hardest, I know when to quit while I’m ahead and not push things.

7. What was your least favourite moment in HP?
The moment when Draco kicked Harry in the face and broke his nose (HBP). Up until that moment in the books, I’d been convinced, that Draco would fight on the side of good, not because he’ll change his ways, or him and harry will realise they have more in common than what they think and become all “buddy-buddy”, because I don’t, I think they’ll be enemies until they die.
I believed that Draco would become good because he resents his father’s rule, and doesn’t want the life thrust upon him.
But that moment ruin it for me. Unless of course my other theory plays out in book 7.
But I really hated that moment. I actually grabbed my nose and was like “ow!”

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?
The fantasy. I’m a writer, so I love it how people can just create worlds for other people to enjoy. And that is what Jo has done with Harry Potter, millions of people all over the world, are united by the books, because they created a world, that so many people dream about.
I also love the mystery, I get so much enjoyment out of sitting with my best friend, thinking up theory’s of what will happen in the next book! Its my favourite thing to do! And while I’m reading, trying to figure out what is going to happen in the end, who the bad person is, what the twist will be, ect.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?
I would give up anything for my friends in a heart beat. I would seriously die without question, if it was the only way to save them. If there was time, I probably wouldn’t just go charging to the rescue, then yell “take me instead” to save them. I’d think of plan, one that would achieve the best outcome for everyone (aside from the people holding my friend captive and threatening her life, because to them I’ll bring pain. And lots of it.). If it was money they were after, I’d sell all my possessions to come up with the money, to save my friend, but once again this depends on the time span, if I had time, I’d save the money, or get a bank loan or something.

10. If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?
Probably the time I did my drama solo to the panel (who decide whether I’m good or not).
Because I was so scared, but I was also so excited. I had worked so hard for this moment, and suddenly, all my hard work was going to pay off. I was in a room with my drama class, before we were each called individually, just talking, and performing to each other, and cheering each other on when someone came out of the room the panel was in. It was fun, and it was probably the last time I’ll get to act, and I was so proud of myself after wards.

11. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?
When I’m writing, especially after I’ve just finished a story or article that I just know is good. I can’t wait to show all my friends and teacher ect. There is no better feeling for me, then knowing that someone has enjoyed what I’ve written, or learned something/taken something on board from an article that I’ve written.

12. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?
No situation, ever can justify inhumane treatment of another humane being. Period.
Having said that, I don’t believe any of the offenders are bad, they just made bad decisions as teenagers.
When I first read that, I was actually quiet shocked, because I felt that I knew the characters as well as Harry did.
Peter: He was just a kid, trying to fit in, and act like his friends, he really meant no harm. He just wanted acceptance. But this also makes him an offender, because he was encouraging it. I can see why, the thought it was better to be the attacker, than the attacked, which is what any teenager wants, because that means that your accepted. I don’t really view him differently, in a bad light, because what he was doing in the memory, hanging around with his friends, and following their lead, no matter how bad, is better than what he becomes in his late life.
James: I saw a lot of the boys at my primary school (I go to an all girl high school), who would pick on the people they didn’t like because they could. And I didn’t like them very much. To me, he just appeared to be a bully, simple as that. But like most boys, I knew that as he matured, he would grow out of it. He appeared to me as egotistical and not someone I would want o associate with on a daily basis.
Sirius: As I’ve mentioned, Sirius is my favourite character, because of this, I am most like biased in my opinion. He was arrogant, and a bit of a pig, but to me it was slighter better, because I knew what he turned out to be. I was shocked, and angry and even slightly hurt by seeing his past actions and behaviour, and I even felt a bit betrayed. Because of who I believed him to be.
Lily: I had had no real opinion of Lily prior to reading this, because, like James, she was Harry’s parent, and I assumed her to be good. However, I truly admired her actions during this scene. She stood up for someone she didn’t particularly like, because it was the right thing to do. She went against her peers, who were all cheering James and Sirius on, and did the right thing. That was enough for me, to ignore her mean comment to Snape in retaliation to his. Because in the end, she’d done the right, and just thing to do.
Remus: I was disappointed by Remus I have to say. As a prefect it was his reasonability to stop his friends from behaving in that sort of a manner, but he didn’t. He simply sat there and let it happen. Because he was too afraid to stand up to his friends.
Severous: I don’t like to see the under dog suffer. This made me feel extremely sorrow for Snape, and as a result, I felt I understood him more. Its only natural for him to dislike Harry because of the way he was treated by Harry’s father. I know that Harry is James’ son and shouldn’t be punished for what his father did before he was born, but because Harry has the same for of attitude and looks the same as James, Severous would have found it hard to put aside his painful memories. Seeing Harry would have just opened old wounds.

13. If you had access to a time turner without worry of not being able to return, nor any other restrictions, what would you use it for and why?
I go back and tell the person that I loved how I felt, regardless of her reaction. Because I really regret never telling her, even if nothing ever happened. Its something that I really should have done when I had the chance, because it meant facing something that I was very afraid of, and had t learn the hard way. If I could go back, I’d stick for a few minutes, to avoid the few years that’s followed.

14. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation?
I would have tried to stop them, because what they were doing was the wrong thing to do, no matter if it was for a good reason and ultimately ended up saving the world….it was still wrong to sneak out! Standing up to people isn’t easy, but you can never gain any self confidence without facing a fear, or doing something hard, even if you aren’t successful, you still can say you tried your best. And that what I would have done, tried my best to stop them.

15. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.
Either Beethoven or Mozart. I just love their music. I’m really into classical music and symphonies’, I find them just beautiful. I think that Beethoven was the most amazing man, because even though he lost his hearing at an early age, he was still able to produce some of the world most beautiful symphonies’. And I truly admire him for that.
At an early age, my parents played me Beethoven and Mozart to me to help me fall asleep, so ever since I was a child, I’ve grown up listening to their music. When I sit down to study or lay down to relax, or even when I’m in the bath, I listen to their music and it helps me concentrate and/or wind down and de-stress.
Also, a lot of my writing inspiration comes from the music, and I find that its easier to write listening to their music, especially “Ode to Joy” and “pathetique sonata”.

16. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?
The inheritance trilogy, the first book Eragon. Because I just love the story. I have always been attracted to dragons and epic battle and the stories and legends behind them. I like to research and read about dragons and the old world, and a part of me loves to believe it isn’t all made up. I’d love to think that dragons and elves and magic really did once exist, and still does to an extent today.
I also Love the Myst series, for the same reason. I love the epic battle and wars, because I love knowing that good will always prevail, even when the odds are stacked so high against them.

17. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?
Being only 14 at the time, I would have to say that I think Ron’s reaction to Harry’s name being pulled out of the goblet was okay. He was young, and given the circumstances, he had every reason to believe that Harry had lied to him, or at least found a way around the age-line and not told him about it.
Harry shouldn’t have acted so angry and frustrated towards Ron. The whole situation could have been defused if he had of let Ron cool down for a day or to and then explain things to him.
But as I said before, they were young, and not emotionally mature enough to handle the situation properly. Harry didn’t see that Ron was jealous of his fame, and “glory” and even riches. Because all his life, Ron has been over shadowed by his older brothers and now he acts as Harry Potter’s little side kick. Or at least that is how he feels. Even if that isn’t exactly true.
Harry didn’t handle the situation with enough care and grace; therefore, it excelled into a full blown fight.

18. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school?
I think I’d look forward to potions. Because I like crafty, hands on science stuff like that, although I’m not very good at it, I think I’d enjoy it a lot. I like teacher like professor Snape, who can scare their class into working, because I feel that they get the best work out of me.
I’d also look forward to Transfiguration. Because, like Potions, I find it very interesting, and the same teacher principles apply.
I choose both of these classes, because I know that I’m not particularly good at science, and these seem to be the only branches of science that magic has, and I’d like to think that because their more hands on than at my school, I’d be able to do them better.
History of magic also, because I’m very interested in History and have done three different types of history at my school, and I look forward to doing more.
I’m very good at English and humanity based subjects (literature, international politics, history ect) and the arts (art, drama, music). Last yeah, I was one of the top students in my English class, and am currently trying for the same, though we have only had one week of class so far!

19. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? How does it relate to what you wish to do (or are currently doing) in the future?
I would become a teacher, and work for a school like Hogwarts. I would teach History of magic, but in a fun way, so that my students learn to love it like I do/did. I think that it is important for everyone to know the history of the world in which we live, even if they have no interest. Because like it or not, the past impacts the way we live today. Had the French not decided to revolt against Louis 16th, they would still be living under a monarchy. Thanks to Hitler, our world (as a whole, this doesn’t mean that all individuals agree) has finally learned that every person has the right to exist. And that no race, is superior to another.
However, because that happened a long time ago, many of the children being born now, might never know about it if they’re not told, and that means they wont be able to learn from the mistakes, and triumphs of those who have come before them.
I want to be a journalist/novelist. So I guess it ties in with my love of writing and sharing with others. The best git you could ever bring to someone in knowledge, and I’d really like to be the person, that can teach people something that can change their lives.

20. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?
When you consider witches like Lily, and Hermione who are extremely gifted without having magic in their blood for generations, it seems stupid to call them “filthy” or “horrible”. In my opinion, to use such words to describe them, is an act of resentment and jealously. Also fear. Which Draco Malfoy, and his family are clouded by. Draco is definitely threatened by Hermione’s talent at everything she does, there fore seeks out her weakness. The only one he would come up with was to insult her non-magical blood.
To me, that is like saying to some who got a higher mark than you in class “oh yeah? Well your ugly”. It’s an irrelevant and pointless argument. It certainly doesn’t change the fact, that they are smarter.
I value equality, and compassion in people, because without that, then our world would be a terrible place to live in. I value hope, and faith in people, because I don’t like talking to someone, who thinks that a dire situation means the end of the world and there is no way things will ever get better. By faith, I don’t mean religion, because to me, religion is just another excuse for prejudice. I mean faith as on, having faith in your self, and in other people, and believing that the very best can happen, always.

21. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?
I would drink from the creativity well. Because I know that that is a skill that I would use for the rest of my life as a writer. It’s a must have, just like being able to read is, to writing. Without creativity, there can be no inspiration, and without inspiration, then nothing can get done, and if there is work done, it’s not the best you can possibly do.
I definitely wouldn’t need beauty. Not because I believe my self to be wonderfully beautiful without it, but because I don’t believe that beauty is a vital skill, in anything except modelling, and there is no way I’d ever become a modal. I think that beauty is an illusion that only we humans seem to find important. There is nothing in vanity, except loneliness.

22. If you had to make 5 Horcruxes, who are what objects would you choose and why? Meaning, what means the most to you and why what significance does it have that you would want to put your soul into it?
The first would be in a dictionary. Because words are very important to me, and I sleep with one beside my bed, just in case. Writing and reading are a big part of who I am, and I believe that nothing sums literature up better than a book of language.
The second, would in the book I created for art, with all the “wicked tales” I wrote and illustrated. Also because I believe art to be a big part of who I am, and this book, represents my greatest work. I am very proud of all the hard work that has gone into it. It shows the most dark and fantastical work I created, and because most of them verge on being rather disturbing, including the illustrations, they show a side to me that not a lot of people have seen, a side that is dark, and twisted and a tad evil and wicked.
The third would go into my iRiver. Because music is a way for me to gain inspiration and communicates my feelings, when I can’t find the words to. On the iRiver, would be the soundtrack to my life, made up of all my favourite music and songs.
The fourth would go into my into my school diary. I love my school. I love my teacher, and my friends, and all my peers, because school wouldn’t be the same without them. I feel fortunate enough, because I have enjoyed going to school and it has been some of the best years of my life, and I know that a lot of kids my age can’t say that. My school has taught me a lot more than just subjects, it has made me the person I am today, and is shaping the person I will be after I leave. I know that probably sounds really dumb, but school has always been my favourite place in the world, because for majority of my life, home hasn’t always been a good environment for me, and escaping to school was my only break for it.
The fifth, and maybe the most important, would go into one of my teddy bears. I have a huge collection of teddies, and I know all of their names, how, when and why I got them, and even where. It would be placed in ‘Bentley’, whom I got the very hour I was born. He was my very first, and most beloved toy out of them all. I take him with me wherever I go. I have shared my life with him, and I love him dearly.

23. What would your boggart form be and why?
It would take the form of a spider. I have arachnophobia, and I faint when there is a spider near me, if it is bigger than a 1x1 cm. I don’t know why, but I have always done it. I’m so bad that I actually cry if I see one in a book, or someone has a dead spider that they just killed, and pretend to bring it near me. I cant handle them.
They are my biggest fear, and I have no idea what started it, or why, but I know that I will probably carry it until the day I die as I cant even be in the same room as one with out freaking out and hyperventilating, it could be down the other end of a long hallway, and I’ll react the same as if its right next to me; by passing out.

24. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)
I like to sing in the shower.
I searched for Happy Potter, and this community came up.

Also, I wasn’t sure what you meant by having my topic sentence thing, as my favourite fandom outside Harry potter, so I just put what other people hard to be sure, which was “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good”

Oh god, I know I sound like a nerd, but I’m really not, its just that some of my hobbies are writing and reading.
In case you were wondering, when I’m not doing homework, or just surfing the net or on a bus or train or when I’m alone, I listen to metal, rock and punk rock music.
My favourite singer is Emilie Autumn and System of a Down and The Used are my favourite bands
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 10 comments