14 (15 in a month or so!)
4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?
Outside of HP my hobbies would be playing guitar, writing, listening to music,surfing, and traveling. I love playing guitar and writing because it’s and easy way to express myself, and to get my point across to people. I love playing guitar and writing because each person interprets each song and each poem differently and reading lyrics or poems lets the readers’ mind explore. Listening to music is one of my favorite things to do because I can relate to a lot of the songs I listen to, and I get inspired easily to write songs or poems from songs. I like surfing because I it’s something I can take my aggression out on if I cant get it out when I write or play guitar. I love traveling because I like to experience new things, either good or bad. I like to see how people live in different places; I like to experience different culture.
5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.
I feel I can relate to Hermione the most because it seems people don’t see her for how she is, they just see her as a know-it-all who reads all the time. A lot of people get a mistaken impression of me when they first see me or meet me, or what they hear about me. I read a lot and I always raise my hand, and I feel people get that impression off me, that I’m just a know-it-all.
6. Give us explanations and reasons for and against you being sorted into each house.
For:I think I’m quite brave, well it depends in which situations. Most people wouldn’t think I’m brave when they meet me; people have to really know me before they can see that I’m brave. I usually stick up for myself, I don’t let others push me around or scare me.
A lot of times, when people are brave, they’re not particularly smart. A lot of people I know are really brave but they think that they’re invulnerable to things, that they can’t get hurt. And then they end up getting hurt.
For: I am a very loyal person, I stick by my friends no matter what, unless they totally turn against me, but that’s a different story. I stay by my friends through everything.
I am a very impatient person. I am also very lazy and I always procrastinate, on everything. Well, except for this one time this year, in English we had to do a huge project and mine ended up being like what, 30 pages or something. That was something I didn’t procrastinate in because I was very passionate on the subject we were doing the project on, so I worked almost every day for like a month on it, and then comes time to turn in the project and I leave it in the car. Hahaha.
For: I love reading, and learning. I’m always up in my room reading or writing, which I’d rather be doing than going to a dance and getting drunk. I love learning and getting explanations for things, finding out why things are the way they are and how things work.
Against:I usually am only enthusiastic or passionate about the things that interest me, which is good for this semester at school because I have my favorite subjects, which are things I am passionate about…well except for PE.
For: I am independent. I try to do most things on my own, if I can. I like to be alone too, rather than being with people. I also don’t let people walk over me, and I stand up for myself.
Against: I actually have no clue what to put here.
7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?
My least favorite moment in HP was when Harry kept yelling at Hermione and Ron about how they don’t know what its like to face Voldemort, and how it’s so horrifying and how they don’t know what he’s going through. I saw this a lot especially in the fifth book, which was my favorite. He sounded like a whiner.
8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?Everything appeals to me in HP. Wondering if Ron and Hermione will ever be together. How long Harry’s and Ron’s and Hermione’s friendship will last; is it strong enough to go through everything that they’re bound to go through in the seventh book? I love the fantasy and how well though out their world is, and I absolutely love the mystery, how it will all end.
9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?I would give up everything to save my friends, especially if I were to save my twin sister or my older brother. I would take a bullet for them, I would lay my life on the line. I would do anything in my power to save them when they’re in the face of danger and need my help. They mean everything to me.
10. If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why? The memory I would put in the Pensieve would be when I was in Germany two years ago and I went to the Christmas market with my family, or well at least my mom’s side, and we just all had an awesome time.
11. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment? What excites me most in my life right now is the fact that I’m going to be able to travel for a year after high school. I’m excited that I get to go traveling because I can’t wait to get away from here, to go and visit the places that I love and miss the most, the places that hold my most missed memories.
12. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?Well I wouldn’t really view any of them differently because a lot of people are idiots when they’re teenagers, and everyone changes as they get older, either for better or worse. I don’t tend to judge people on their pasts.
13. If you had access to a time turner without worry of not being able to return, nor any other restrictions, what would you use it for and why?I would use it to go back to when I was like either five or six when I used to live in Atherton and we had a really nice house with plum trees and this tree I always used to climb on and my sunflowers. But when we moved the owner of yahoo bought our house and completely demolished it. They got rid of everything, all the trees and sunflowers. They destroyed all that was left of my childhood memories. And worst of all they never finished building their house, its been sitting there half finished for who knows how long. So if I had a time turner I would go back in time to when I lived at that house, just to go and see how it used to look like, just to remember.
14. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation? I don’t think I would’ve done what he did, because when I was 11 or 12 I was really really shy and I never stood up for myself, I never really talked. But now I know better than to let people walk over me.
15. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.I really admire Sharon Creech, because she has written a wonderful collection of books. The first book I read that made me really want to read more was called Bloomability by Sharon Creech. All her stories are original and they sort of pull you into them, like you’re the one going through everything the main character is; you feel like you know the main character. I really admire that about her, she made her characters seem so real.
16. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?My favorite book outside of Harry Potter is either Bloomability by Sharon Creech, or After by someone who I can’t really remember the name of. I know their last name is Prose though. I really like After because it makes you wonder if schools are really like the ones in her book, if they really do brain-wash kids. What I really liked about the book is that it really made me feel paranoid (just for a little bit) about what the teachers were teaching us, and if they knew something we didn’t. I really liked the mystery to it too because it made me want to finish the book a figure out who else was going to die, and how it was all going to end.
17. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why? I don’t think either of their reactions were appropriate. I think that they should’ve just talked and figure things out. I know if I was in either one of their places I would have just tried to talk to my friends and listen to them and take their word for what they said.
18. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school? I would look forward to all of them, because they all sound interesting. Well, maybe not all, I wouldn’t be all too happy to be taking History of Magic, because to me history is boring.
In school the classes I excel the most in are English, French and painting. Everything else I don’t do too well in.
19. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? How does it relate to what you wish to do (or are currently doing) in the future?I would probably want to teach any subject really at Hogwarts(except History of Magic). I think I’d be a really good teacher. The thing I would choose to do if I lived in the magical world doesn’t relate to what I want to do, I might want to be a writer.
20. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others? I don’t think its fair to be judged on being pure-blood or Muggle-born. I think people should be judged on who they are, not who their family is.
I think it’s really stupid just to judge others by their appearance, wealth, race, background. I also think it isn’t fair to anyone who is judged that way. I think it’s what’s on the inside that counts, like who people are over all. What I value in my friends is their humor, and them being there when I need them the most, and having stuff in common with them.
21. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?
I definitely don’t think I need the Well of Beauty, because to me it doesn’t matter if people think I’m ugly or pretty or whatever. I think I would want to drink from the Well of Creativity though. Being creative is a big part, well for me, of writing and playing guitar. Being creative enough to make up an awesome plot to a story, to be original, or to make the most interesting guitar solo, but having it be different from everything else. If everything sounded the same, what point would there be in life? If everything were the same, then what joy would there be?
22. If you had to make 5 Horcruxes, who are what objects would you choose and why? Meaning, what means the most to you and why what significance does it have that you would want to put your soul into it? I don’t think I would ever make a Horcrux, I would never be able to kill people. And, I would never want to live that long. I actually am kind of curious about what death will bring (I’m not going to kill myself, I promise) because you never will really know what death will be like until you experience it, then once you die, you won’t be able to actually process what had just happened to you.
23. What would your boggart form be and why?
I don’t really know what my boggart would be. I think it would be maybe the world exploding or something like that, having the end of the world and still be alive to witness it. How I picture the world to end would be havoc and mayhem everywhere and everything caught on fire. There would be people running around screaming. There would also (I have no idea why this would be there though) be people shooting anyone and everyone that they don’t like the look of. I wrote a poem about the end of the world and how it’s falling apart, but yeah, I think my boggart would be the end of the world and having to witness it, if that could be a boggart.
24. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)
Well, my friend who goes by Talannius, or Tal of Gryffindor, referred me to this sight.
Oh, yeah, well I really like to sing in the shower, anywhere really. I’m always singing in painting class and it bugs my friends so bad, its really funny.
Okay, well ummm. There’s not much about me that you need to know, I mean I don’t know what you would want to know about me. So if you want to know anything, feel free to ask!