Swoosh
swoosh09
_belong

• Music:

Pride and Prejudice

1. Name: Swoosh Bailey

2. Age: 21

3. Gender: Female

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality? 
Well, really with work, church and school I don't have time for much else.  
I try to play volleyball as much as possible and I love to workout - jogging, swimming, soccer, basketball and even just playing with kids (the way I ruff house with my nephews and niece is definately a workout).
I spend as much time with my family as I can. I come from a family of six kids and all but one of them is married and all of them have children - I'm the odd ball in the family, without a husband or kids.  I love when any part of my family is around and it's my goal to be the favorite aunt of all my 6 nieces and 3 nephews. 
I love to read (this includes fanfic and novels) and I probably do it more than I should.  I've found out that I shouldn't read when I'm around people because they make fun of me.  I get so into the book that I will laugh at parts that are funny, I will cry when it's a sad part and I physically get tense when its a scary scene.  When I was first reading The Goblet of Fire I was at school.  I don't remember the scence but I was so into it my friends managed to take a picture of me and I didn't even notice and then they started laughing at me because I had to close the book for a second because it was getting to intense for me. 
I love music or rather I love listening and "feeling" music.  I have no musical ability to boast about but I am constantly listening to music. I have over 5,000 song on my laptop.  That's another thing I spend time on is downloading music. 

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain. 
Ginny!  Apart from the whole chamber of secrets ordeal, I can totally relate to her.  I'm the youngest of a family of six children and I know what it is like to be the last one thought of yet also be the spoiled baby of the family.  I definately understand about competing for parents attention and I know what it's like to have that presure from your older siblings and trying to live up to the things they've done and accomplished.  I know what it's like to have people you care about and think are special not even notice you like your part of the wall.  I know what it's like to like a guy and have that guy think your a nobody or nothing.  Then also being able later on to prove to them that you are so much more than what they originally thought.   I see Ginny as being an awkward kid and then growing up and into herself. I definately was an awkward kid and it took me going through some big experiences before I was able to grow into myself and gain the confidence I have.   

6. Give us explanations and reasons for and against you being sorted into each house.
a. Gryffindor
For: If it's something I choose, I can be extremely passionate and I will know a lot about that person or thing - all the little fact that aren't necessarily important.  Look at HP, I went as far as reading fanfiction - friends and family know that if they have a question about it they can ask me and they wont get a simple explaination, it will be an indepth discussion. 
Against: I can be brave when the situation calls for it but I won't jump into a situation head first.  I tend to play safe and taking risks is not something I do often. If I can, I will think abouit something until I know it's the right thing or the right thing for me. 

b. Hufflepuff
For: I'm Loyal - very loyal to anyone that becomes my friend.  It will have to be something big and unforgiveable for me to even think to turn my back on them.  I will even get into verbal fights with others when defending those I care about.  I'm an optimist and will generally think highly of people, giving them the benifit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I work with kids so patience is a must and I try hard to understand others.   
Against: Hardwork isn't on the list of one of my qualities. I will take the easiest path to get what I want, and I not always will to take the path if it will require to much out of me. 

c. Ravenclaw
For: At times I have this thrist for knowledge and I won't be satisfied until I feel I've learned all I can about that certain subject.
Against: I don't retain knowledge unless it's something that I'm interested in.  Meaning that in school when we had to read text books and such, if it wasn't something that I had any interest in it was really hard for me to remember it later on after read or learning about it.  I'm also a big procratinator, especially when it's school work. 

d. Slytherin
For: My favorite color is Green.
Against: I know it's a stereo type, but almost all the evil witches and wizards are from slytherin.  I've had several friends tell me that it is impossible for me to be evil or devious.  I can't even do an evil laugh. I hate confrontation and will avoid it at all cost. I hate when other people fight and I either leave or will trying to stop it. 

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP? 
When Sirius Black died fell through the veil.  I cried and cried.  He is my favorite character, apart from Harry, Hermione, and Ginny, I hated to see him die gone from the story.  It made it worse with the fact that Harry thought he finally had a family only to have it taken away. 

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)? 
Everything.  I'm a romantic so reading anything with Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, and Remus/Tonks (and in fanfiction so many more pairings) I just can't get enough of it.  The adventure is also wonderful; being able to live the adventure through reading, especially when I would never be able to experience it for myself.  The fantasy or the magic - being able to imagine the impossible.  The mystery in two ways: the unknown of what is going to happen next in the story and also just imagining about the possiblities of a whole other world out there.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line? 
If it was a true friend and not an acquaintance, I would do anything that was in my power to save them.  And if it came to putting my life on the line for theirs I would willing do it.  I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to them and I knew I could have done something to prevent it.

10. If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why? 
I've yet to have a single experience that I would what to visit over and over.  When I do think of one there are so many more that are on that same level of importance to me.  I'd imagine that when I get married and then later have kids, that those events will be pensieve worthy. 

11. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment? 
I work with at a preschool, with children 3-5 years old.  I love it and it makes it all the more wonderful when you can tell a child is learning and begining to understand.  Knowing that I was there helping them, that I was apart of their growth, and that I am in a small way, starting to help shape them into the adults they will one day become, gives me a sense of pride and fulfillment, knowing I'm making a difference in the life of a child.  That is where I get my joy. 

12. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why? 
I definately would change my view of Snape and have a little more compassion for him, understanding a little more of where he's coming from. As for Peter it would only strengthen my view of him and his sniveling self. Sirius, it wouldn't have surprised me much but I still would be disappointed.  Remus, I would also be disappointed for being a prefect and doing nothing about it.  And when it came to my parents I would be... shocked.  After hearing all this wonderful stuff about them and thinking they loved eachother so much and then seeing Lily hardly tolerating James, it would be a big blow.  I'd be proud of my mum for how she handled it, though.  My dad though is a whole different story.  He just didn't defend himself against Snape, he physically went and looked for the fight.  It would take me a while to come to terms with it and then it would take even more time to realize that my dad must have change a great deal in order to win the heart of my mom.  Every kid does stupid things when they are younger that they regret later on. 

13. If you had access to a time turner without worry of not being able to return, nor any other restrictions, what would you use it for and why? 
I had an uncle die a couple of years ago.  We called him Uncle Buck, even though his name was Paul.  He died from a massive heart attack and was dead before he hit the floor.  It was very sudden and it wasn't expected at all.  He never married and had no children, so his brother, my dad, and all of us kids were practically the only family he really had.  We didn't get to see him a whole lot because he live 4 hours away.  But whenever we could we would visit. each other.  I have so many memories of him just being this great guy.  He was a wonderful man, very selfless and always willing to help out, even those who weren't his family.  I regret never telling him how much he meant to me and that I didn't take advantage of the time he was alive to get to kown him better.  I regret that I didn't tell him enough how much I loved him and that I didn't make it more of a priority to see him.  If I had a time turner I would go back and spend as much time as I could with Uncle Buck.  I would let him know that I appreciated and all that he does for me and my family. I would try to learn as much about his life as possible.  (We were really surprised at the funeral when so many people showed up and then proceded to tell us about what he did for them or how he was apart of their life.  We had now idea).

14. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation? 
I would have definately confronted them, asking them why they are sneaking out.  I would try to understand them and what they were doing before I would try to stop them.  Of course even if they did tell me what they were planning on doing, I wouldn't have believed them and then would have tried to stop them.  I would have go about the situation differently then Neville but I probably would have ended up in the same spot as him.  And I would never have joined them even if I did believe them. 

15. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter. 
I'd have to say my Mom.  She such a wonderful woman but it's so hard to say why.  The fact that she was able, as a single parent, to raise her children on a part-time salary and none of us went hungry or in true need of anything is a miracle.  You can tell that when you talk to her she cares very depthly about you and what you are saying.  She does all she can for her children and family, and sacrifices all she can for us.  She can be your conscience when your need it, your advisor at other times, but more importantly she is our support system.  It was essential for her to teach her children and to teach them the important things, focusing on what is right and wrong so we would do the right thing in every situation.  This is yet another time that I wish I was a great writer so I could put into words just how wonderful she is and the impact  she has and the example she sets for me and for everyone around her. 

16. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you? 
Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite book.  I'm a romantic at heart and will read and watch anything that has the slightest hint of romance.  It was the first book I read, that I choose to read, that wasn't a children's book.  And it started my obsession for romance and for reading.  Elizabeth Bennett is my favorite heroine and she is like a role model for me.  I wish I had a personality like hers.  She's smart, brave, bright, friendly - (almost) everyone cannot help but like her- and she isn't easily intimidated by others, especially those who are consider higher than her.  I really could go on and on and on about my love for Pride and Prejudice but the fact that it is the only other fandom I follow besides HP, should speak for itself.  
And I hope to someday find my own Mr. Darcy!!!!

17. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why? 
I think they were both being stupid.  While I can't understand where both of them are coming from, they are best friends and they should have understood one another better.  Ron should have trusted and believed Harry and Harry should have realized that Ron was jealous of Harry getting, yet again more attention and fame. I know everything behind it was more complicated than that and the solution is never that easy, but they both were in the wrong. 

18. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school? 
I love the basics so Transfiguration or Charms or maybe even Potions, are probably the class I would do best in and would be the one I like the most.  In school the class that I naturally excelled in was Math, any kind of math.  I wasn't a bad student I got pretty good grades in all my subjects but math was the easiest for me, because there is only one correct answer to a problem where as in other subjects there are several answers or several ways to do something and you can get multiple results.  I also had my moments in other areas and if I had an excellent teacher that made me want to do better than what I normally would.  Chemistry and English are a few areas that I excelled in for a while. 

19. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? How does it relate to what you wish to do (or are currently doing) in the future? 
I would want to become a teacher.  Probably in charms or in potions.  I love helping others learn and I become very patient while helping other learn the subject.   I'm currently teaching little kids and that is something I want to continue to do in the future.

20. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others? 
I think it's horrible when people are judged on the color of their skin or their race.  In this day and age it's ridiculous that people can be so ignorant when it comes to basing people on what they look like and their background.  Muggle-borns should be give the same chance as any pure-blood or any half-blood to prove their worth.  It should only matter who you are as a person and not on those thing that you cannot control or have no power over.  As an individual I hardly notice when someone is black or has an accent or is dressed in designer clothing, it's the way they present themselves, as friendly or warm or happy or loving or many other things. 

21. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from? 
This is a hard one.  It would not be Beauty! I'm not that vain.  It would not be Optimism.  I believe I'm a very optimistic person already and being anymore optimistic is just being delusional.  I'm not very creative, I do have my moments though, but not everyone needs to be creative, I'll pass on that well.  When I think of physical strength I think of those men and women with the big muscle bodies that are almost unnatural.  I believe that physical health is important but to be strong is not a need.  Wanting physical strength also seems, to me, to be a goal for a vain person.  So I guess that leaves the Well of Common Sense and Logic.  There are time when I fell like I am a logical person but there are time, more then I like, when I think I should know that or more about that or I should have gotten that or gotten it sooner. 

22. If you had to make 5 Horcruxes, who or what objects would you choose and why? Meaning, what means the most to you and why? What significance does it have that you would want to put your soul into it? 
I started to think of some objects that would work before I realized what it took to make horcruxes.  I could never do something so purely evil.  I could never even hurt someone let alone kill them.  I don't think I would even want to live for that long, to see friends and family die continually die off and have to still be around, what would be the point.  I'm scared of dying but not to the point where others will suffer in order for my to continue on.  When it's my time to go it's my time to go and I would never fight it. I look forward to the adventure that is to come when this life is over.   

23. What would your boggart form be and why? 
A snake.  I'm deathly afraid of snakes.  I can't even watch them on tv.  Watching (and reading) The Chamber of Secrets was really hard for me.  Compare my fear of snakes to Ron's fear of spiders and you're close to how I feel about snakes.

24. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)
I like to sing in the shower.  Really I do, I even have a radio in there. I also sing in the car, at work, or when I'm chilling reading HP (or PP) fanfic.
Lexy_Malfoy keep on refering to this site in her journal and I wanted to be sorted, so I asked her about it.  Then I came over here and read more about it and then I really wanted to join. 

This is what I started to write for question 22 before I changed it to what I now have: 
-My cat, POGO. She's like my child (mainly because I don't have kids yet).  She is definately one of a kind.  I've had several people who hate cats, tell me that they actually like my cat.  She hates all, and I me all other animals, yet she loves people.  When she's in the mood she will jump up on me and then sits on my shoulder, like a bird.  She is alway laying on my lap whenever I'm on my computer.  And she will paw at my covers while I'm sleeping until I lift them up so she can go under them to sleep next to me. The best part is she is always meowing and such, at me like she can talk.  She was once my sisters cat, but once my sister got married and moved out she gave pogo to me, as a gift of sorts.  She a black cat with a little white on her face, paws, tummy, and the tip of her ears.  Pogo would be a wonderful witches/wizards familiar.
-My Laptop, also named POGO.  It already has so much of my life on it why not put my soul into it.  I'm on when ever I can be.  I put everything on it; my music, my pictures, and any info I should need are on it.  If it were to crash I would be in big trouble.  It's definately a big part of my life. 
-A gold neclace in the shape of a Heart.  It's the first expensive peice of jewelry I've ever own. It was give to be by my aunt Paula (different aunt from the one mentioned earlier). This specific gift was actually given to me for my 21 birthday, but I didn't get it until several weeks later.  I was felling low because I was 21 and that should be a big deal right, but it was my quietest birthday ever and I was feeling sorry for myself. Then I got the necklace and it just made my day.  And made me feel so special.
-My first Doll.  All of my sister and me got the same type of doll but with different hair and eye color, just like us.  I still have it and always take it where ever I move (unlike the rest of my dolls and most of my stuff animals which are in storage right now).  This doll has great memories of playing with my sisters when we were younger, of the happier times when life wasn't so complicated and worrisome, and when we were all together.
-A Picture of My Family.  My is very important to me and they are a large part of my life.  My family comes first and so the only thing that can represent them would be a picture of them.

Tags: hufflepuff
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 9 comments