Eye Candy (noxmeansxno) wrote in _belong,
Eye Candy
noxmeansxno
_belong

Dean Koontz, Holly Black

1. Name: Elizabeth Rose

2. Age: 17 (( only three months away from the big one-eight! ))

3. Gender: Femme

4. What are your hobbies/interests outside of HP? How do you feel these hobbies/interests contribute to your personality?
There are a lot of people who say that music is their lives, and I tend to take that to a whole other level. I'm involved in the highest band available in my school, along with our competitive marching band, pep band, and jazz band. I've also been involved in the orchestra pit during the school musicals, and I play with the local Institute of Music's bands when I have the time. Outside of school, I recreationally play guitar and am trying to start up a Christian ska band. Music doesn't stop with instruments, though; I'm also involved in vocal music. I'm a member of my highschool's Treble Tones group, which is eight girls (out of a good hundred) that sing outside of school events and participage in solo and ensemble. I'm a second alto.

Being so involved in these two programs has completely shaped my personality. Until I joined band, I was socially awkward and completely friendless. (It may sound like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not.) I made friends; some of the best friends in the world, in fact. Good, wholesome friends. For example, a group of us camped out in tents in my backyard and stayed up talking until about four in the morning, sitting around a camp fire. We were laughing so hard that tears were streaming down our faces because someone said "nutters." I mean, we were rolling around on the ground and clinging to each other, we were laughing so hard. Maybe we were just sleep-deprived; maybe the situation was just that funny. Either way, we were kids who could have fun just by talking to each other.

Band gave me a family. It really does mean a lot to me... and I just made this whole section a lot more candid than I intended. Well, we'll all survive.

5. Which Harry Potter character do you feel you can relate to the most? Explain. Which character is your favorite? Again, explain.
I probably relate to Remus the most - especially the teenage version presented during Snape's memory. Although I can be loud and obnoxious when the urge hits me, I'm generally the more introspective and reasonable out of my group of friends. I end up saying "not a good idea" a fair share around a few people, and the trust me enough to go along with it. At the same time, Remus and I both come off as pushovers sometimes, especially when more than one friend is standing up against us. Intelligent (or so I like to humor myself) and generally composed.

My favorite character, though... that would probably be a tie between Remus and Sirius, although I also adore the Weasley twins. I can easily connect with Remus, which explains why I love his character so much, and... I think I might be in love with Sirius Black. He's strong, a pillar of emotional strength, which is something I admire so much. The Weasley twins are high up there because class clowns win my heart, and I appreciate the fact that they fought so hard to follow their dream. Ambition gets me.

6. Give us explanations and reasons for and against you being sorted into each house.
a. Gryffindor
For: Has anyone else noticed that all the class clowns seem to land themselves in Gryffindor? I've always gotten the impression that it would be hard to have a bad day while in Gryffindor because of how humorous most of the students are. The bravery and courage is great too, but that's not what attracts me the most. It's the good-humored, good-hearted people., and I feel that I qualify for that area
Against: I'm extraordinarily non-confrontational, and I back down from a lot of verbal fights, leadership, and responsibilities that include taking control of other people. Just not the kind of thing that I can easily bring myself to do.

b. Hufflepuff
For: I'm sure you all get this answer a lot, but I love the loyalty aspect of Hufflepuff. They seem emotionally strong and have incredible will-power, and although I might not have that myself, it's an admirable trait. Also, the students of Hufflepuff always seem so normal, just regular people that don't go to the complete extremes. Just like everyone else here, I'm a regular person.
Against: I'm incredibly impatient! Staying put and waiting for something that I really want can drive me crazy, especially when it's big things that take days to happen.

c. Ravenclaw
For: I bet everyone says this too, but Ravenclaws are smart! I'm not too shabby myself; not to brag (although I guess that's exactly what this is), but I got a 33 on my ACT. Pretty sure that I can qualify for booksmarts, at the very least.
Against: I am master of procrastination when it comes to school work. I've always gotten the impression that Ravenclaws would be the type to do their work when they get it, if only to simply get it out of the way. Not my sort of thing. I tend to finish assignments about five minutes before they're due.

d. Slytherin
For: Slytherins, just like Ravenclaw members, have always come off as extremely intelligent to me. I like to put myself in that catagory, and as horrible as this sounds, I'm pretty talented at bending the truth when I need to. Never outright lying, but I know what to say and what not to get the response that I want.
Against: The majority of them have horrible morals, whereas I set my moral values on a pedastal. If I say I'm going to keep a secret, I keep it. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it. I don't outright lie, and I never try to emotionally hurt people.

7. What was your least favorite moment in HP?
This might sound a little petty, but when I found out that Tonks and Remus were getting a little involved with each other, I was very upset. First of all, I'm a pretty big SiriusxRemus shipper. Not in the fangirly "write fanfics and draw fanart and make them behave all non-canon-y" sort of way. In fact, I think it's an incredibly canon ship, whereas a relationship between Tonks and Remus just seems horribly uncanon to me. (Also, the age difference? By book six, I assume that Remus would be around fourty years old, and I always gathered that Tonks was in her mid-twenties. Weirds me out.)

8. What about HP appeals to you (e.g. the romance, the adventure, the friendships, the fantasy, the mystery)?
All of it appeals to me, but what keeps me coming back the most is the characterization. I get hard-pressed to find characters that I really can relate to, but the Harry Potter series is full of characters that I care about. c'mon; I squealed out loud when Remus came back during the fifth book. I usually don't feel that emotional connection, and the HP books make me feel that way again and again and again.

9. What would you do if your friend was in danger? What would you give up in order to save them? Would you lay your life on the line?
I'll be honest; that's kind of a vague question. What sort of danger? Social? Emotional? Physical? Then again, I would do everything in my power to save them, including putting my life on the line. Friends are the most important thing in my life, so risking my own life for their's just seems completely reasonable.

10. If you could only store one memory in the Pensieve to visit over again, which one would it be? Why?
Anything with my uncle, but probably one of our trips to an art fair. He would take me to two or three art fairs every single year, and some of them would be an hour or two away from my house. We would spend those rides talking about anything and everything, between his old relationships to the book he was writing to whatever guy I had a current crush on. He was the most important person in my life, and I considered him more of a dad than my real one. I can't peg a specific art fair or car ride because... they were all that meaningful.

11. What excites you the most in life? Where do you get the most joy and fulfillment?
Being with my friends. It doesn't matter what we're doing, whether it's playing DDR or camping out in the back yard or playing at the local elementary school's playground. I hope you all understand, because it's a concept that's hard to articulate, which is usually the case with the more important things in life. My friends are my joy.

12. If you were in Harry's position during the "Snape's Worst Memory" incident, how would you view Peter, James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, and Snape differently? Why?
I would have been very disappointed of the teenage Peter, James, Sirius, and Remus, and sympathetic of Snape, but that wouldn't have changed my opinions on the adult versions of these people. I tend to judge people on their actions now rather than what they once did or how they behaved long ago. After all, people change. (Of course, there are exceptions. If one of them had gone and killed someone, that's a past action that you can't just let slide.)

13. If you had access to a time turner without worry of not being able to return, nor any other restrictions, what would you use it for and why?
I can answer this one in a heartbeat. I would use it to go to my uncle's house, late night of June 1st of 2006... and call 911. (Sorry to make that into a depressing question, but it's the truth.)

14. In the Philosopher’s Stone (AKA Sorcerer’s Stone) Neville had a choice: he could let his friends go out at night when they weren’t supposed to and potentially they could lose points for his house, or he could confront them and stop them from breaking the rules. What would you have done in his situation?
That's putting things in very black and white terms. Rather than jumping to either of those two reactions, I probably would have launched myself into immediately questioning my friends as to why they were trying to leave the common room. That's something that I wouldn't make a decision about until I had the details. Had Harry, Ron, and Hermione told me why they were trying to leave, I probably would have let them pass. Some things are more important than house points.

15. Who (dead, alive, or fictional) do you most admire? This can be someone from real life or from Harry Potter.
I adore e.e cummings. When it comes to writing, poetry is more area of forté, and he is my greatest inspiration. Taking into consideration that he was writing in the early 1900's, it's amazing how ahead of his time the man was. He's also a freaking genius, so I adore the man. My favorite poet, hands down.

16. What is your favorite book outside of Harry Potter? What is it about this book that endears it to you?
I love Tithe by Holly Black. It was a modern fantasy and my first introduction into the intricate world of the fey, between the two different courts and faerie magic and glamours and... it's just such an amazing book. Anyone who enjoys darker modern fantasy should take a look into anything by Holly Black. Every her Spiderwick series, aimed towards elementary kids, is a fantastic series. My mom and I read that series together; c'mon.

17. In Goblet of Fire, Harry was chosen for the Tri-Wizard Tournament even with the age-line. Ron was unable to enter because of the age restriction even though he really wanted to be a part of the Tournament. Was Ron right to be jealous/angry at Harry? Were Harry's reactions appropriate? Why?
Ugh. I hated this argument throughout the book so much. After having spent three years together, Ron should have known that of course Harry would have been framed into the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and Harry should have cared about his friend enough to apologize. It was blown into horrible proportions and actually got a bit annoying after a while. It may have been my least favorite aspect of the fourth book.

18. Which class would you look forward to the most at Hogwarts? Which classes do you/did you excel in most at school?
Transfiguration, one hundred percent. Oh my gosh, I would love this class so much. Sososososososososososooooo much. My best classes during school would probably be English, band, and foreign languages. My forté right now would be Japanese, specifically, and I enjoy that language so much. Most of it just rolls off your tongue.

19. In the wizarding world, all 5th year students are required to pick a career to focus on going into their 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts. What career path would you choose? Why? How does it relate to what you wish to do (or are currently doing) in the future?
Hrmmm... I like this question. I think I'd like to be a Muggle Liaison, behaving as a go-between for the Wizarding world and Muggles. Interacting with people is something I really enjoy, and I'm pretty good at cleaning up after other people's messes. This has nothing to do with what I want to do with my life after highschool; I'm going to college to get my MCSE (microsoft certified systems engineer). I'm pretty tech savvy.

20. In the Wizarding world, some pure-blood wizards consider Muggle-borns "filthy" and "horrible." In our world, people are categorized by their wealth, racial background, and appearance. What are your opinions on Muggle-borns? What are the qualities that you value in others?
I don't judge. That's just about it, and that's why I have friends from all walks of life, all social status, all everything in the world. As long as they're good people with a sense of humor and a bit of spontenaity, then we make great friends. I also enjoy surrounding myself with emotionally strong people.

21. You have stumbled across five magical wells. One is the Well of Common Sense and Logic, the second is the Well of Creativity, the third is the Well of Optimism, the fourth is the Well of Physical Strength, and the fifth is the Well of Beauty. You can only drink from one well, but once you do you will be endowed with that ability for the rest of your life. Which well do you think you would definitely not need, and which do you think you would want to drink from?
I hope this doesn't come off as big-headed, but I don't think I need the Well of Creativity. Most of my free time is used excelling in music or writing or drawing or acting or something related to the arts, and I do a dang good job at that. There's a reason why I'm in Treble Tones, why I've been invited to State Solo and Ensemble, and why I've attented State honors bands. There's always room to improve, but I can improve well enough on my own without the help of a well.

I would probably drink from the Well of Common Sense and Logic. I'm sort of a ditz when it comes to things like common sense, which has gotten me in trouble with my mom loads of times. I'd drink from it if only to make her stop constantly saying, "Elizabeth, you may be book smart, but you have no common sense."

22. If you had to make 5 Horcruxes, who are what objects would you choose and why? Meaning, what means the most to you and why what significance does it have that you would want to put your soul into it?
Hate to bring the whole uncle thing up again, but the first item would probably be his old acoustic guitar. It was the first guitar I ever played on, and it was passed down to me after he passed away. This also reflects how important music is to me; of course I would put a bit of myself into that.

I would also place myself into one of the DVD's I burnt for a friend. I love sharing music and movies with friends, especially movies that I've made myself, so I give friends mixed tapes and let them know through that how much they mean to me.

Thirdly... my digital camera. I barely go anywhere without it, mostly because I'm afraid I'll miss out on capturing a memory. I also take videos all the time so that I can replay them or make music videos out of them to share with my friends. Maybe I'll post one sooner or later for people to see what I mean, if they're interested.

The fourth Horcruxe would probably be my car. It's a '97 Dodge Avenger, and that thing is hot. My car is smokin'. Also, it helps provide me with a sense of adventure. After all, I wouldn't be able to drive all around town with friends, looking for playgrounds to attack unless I had my (un)faithful car to take me there. I'm also the designated driver for certain... parties. (I'll be honest. I have older friends, and some of them like their poison. Je suis une tee-totaller.)

The last Horcruxe... gosh, this is a hard question. Probably a pencil. Not a specific pencil. Just one in general. I write avidly, and if I'm not writing, I'm probably drawing or coming up with some random character to create a new story about. My imagination leaks out in graphite form, so that's another important part of me.

23. What would your boggart form be and why?
Leeches. I have no logical reason behind this, especially because I've never even seen a live leech in my life. Just the thought of them terrifies me... Ugh. No more talking about that.

24. Anything else you want to tell us before we sort you? Also, please tell us where you heard about this community. (Members who refer new applicants receive points, so please try to be as specific as possible.)
I like to sing in the shower, and I'm completely serious about that. I get hollared at when I do that, but it's worth the consiquences. shootin____star advertised on LJ's community promotion spot, so that's where I found a link to this place.
Tags: hufflepuff
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 21 comments