First off, I'll introduce myself. My name's Mandi and I'm the MOD here at _beautyfades_. I figured this site would be a perfect use of my time, because hey, I love LiveJournal and I love helping people. Which brings me to my point: There is one sole purpose as to why this community exists: to help you. So don't be afraid to ask me questions, even if it's not override related. I'm a nice person, so I won't bite your head off. It is more than okay if you decide to request more than once. I won't get aggrivated with you. This is my hobby, I enjoy it. So your not 'bugging' me I promise. Hell, I change my layout at LEAST 2x a month. But enough of that. I guess that's about all you guys need to know. I've made the request form and everything else pretty self explanatory. But if you have additional questions or problems, you can always email me: email@example.com ... and I'm usually online, so feel free to IM me: edible undiez x
I have a few simple rules to get you started. (Follow the rules, it's not that hard. I've never had a problem with users in here before, so I don't want to start banning people now)
1. GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS USE. I won't plaster my name all over your layout, but I do expect you to either use a button/banner (that's what they're there for), or link me in an entry. Don't put lame shit in your LJ like "OMGAH. LOOK AT MY NEW LAYOUT I MADE IT ALL BY MYSELF! COMMENT IF YOU LIKE IT!" No. You will not. I won't hunt you down and make sure you credit me, but if I find out multiple users aren't crediting my work, I will shut down this site, and if you don't know what you're doing, I guess you're screwed.
2. It'd be nice if you told your friends about this site. This is what I do everyday to keep me busy, so make my life interesting.
3. Please do not be rude or disrespectful to me or other users, or community members. If you honestly don't like your layout, don't bitch and complain to all your friends and tell me you hate it. Just tell me "Hey, I'm really not digging my layout, can you change it for me?" - and I will.
4. Once I see your request, I will review it and let you know if there are any problems needed to be taken care of before I begin working with it. Don't expect your layout to be done within the hour you request it. I do this sort of thing all the time, but my life does not revolve around LJ, i have other things to do. So be patient, or get out and find yourself another community.
5. The most annoying thing to me is "Like i donno, just do whatever you think looks good, kay?" NO. there is a reason behind the request form: so that YOU choose what YOU want it to look like. my idea of "cute" may be thousands of miles away from your idea. So sit down, figure out what you want, THEN post your request.
6. **ALL REQUESTS MUST BE POSTED UNDER AN LJ-CUT** I haven't been too strict on this, but it's becoming really obnoxious. I don't enjoy your huge 18-font request taking up my entire screen. If your not sure how to use an LJ-cut, here is the code: <*lj-cut*> ... <*/lj-cut*> or if you'd rather different words use this <*lj-cut text="YOUR PHRASE"*> ... <*/lj-cut*> (make sure you remove the stars before posting) - If you still have trouble, before you request, Post an entry saying you need help with an LJ-cut, and I'll explain further.
The following request form was taken from dish_bitch online and somewhat edited by myself.
OVERRIDE REQUEST FORM
Style you would like to use: Note* Even though you may choose any style you want to achieve a new journal look, some styles are more difficult to work with than others. GENERATOR is the preferred style, considering it is much easier to work with, and you can achieve almost any look by using this particular style.
Title: What you want your browser to say.
Background Image: Please give me the link to the desired image. If you don't know how to do this, visit the site containing your desired picture, load that picture, then right click --properties, and highlight the URL and paste here. (if you'd like words, color change, shrinking/stretching, or any type of effect, let me know here..along with colors of words, size you'd like etc...)
Background Image Placement: Where do you want your image to go?
background color: If your picture does not cover the entire screen, what color would you like the rest of your backround?
background scroll: do you want your background fixed (in one place), to scroll and keep repeating, or to scroll and not repeat?
link colors: (please give me 4 colors: link, visited, active, and hover)
link effects: horizontal flip, vertical flip, blur, glow, drop shadow, wave, or shadow.
entry table: Box or scroll? You have two options here: to have your entries in a "box" that stays put, or to have your entries scroll up and down the page. If you decide on "box", I will need to know what color you want it to be.
entry table color:
entry alignment: Right, left, middle, top left, bottom left, you get the picture.
entry opacity: You can have your entry table transparent, semi-transparent or solid color. (transparent- you are able to see through the text, onto the background .. semi-transparent- sort of a "foggy" look .. solid color- simple solid color box with text, you are NOT able to see that background through the box)
entry border type: solid, dashed, or dotted.
entry border size: from 1 to 10. 1 being small, and 10 being huge. 2 is the most common size
border color: be specific use hex codes if you are unsure.
Comment links: Post comment=your phrase and #comments=your phrase (if you'd like a blinkie/pic in between comment links, give me the link to your desired pic)
Number of entries per page choose from 1 to 20
screen resolution: This is very important, if your not sure what you're screen resolution is, go to your desktop, RIGHT CLICK -- PROPERTIES -- SETTINGS -- AND YOU WILL SEE TOWARDS THE BOTTOM "SCREEN RESOLUTION"
your e-mail address:
*Paid account editing not available*
-also, if your not sure what the hex codes are for the color your going for, just put in a SPECIFIC color like: lime green, hot pink, aqua...not green, red, blue..so I know what color you want-
-all overrides will be posted on a test journal for your viewing..in case there are any changes you want made before i send you the overrides..dont be scared to tell me you dont like something, thats what I'm here for, to give you pretty much the EXACT look your going for-
*IMPORTANT: IF YOU'D LIKE A PERSONAL LAYOUT, WITH MORE THAN ONE PICTURE, WITH WORDS, OR TINTING, OR OTHER EFFECTS LET ME KNOW HERE. GIVE ME ALL THE LINKS TO THE PICS AND GIVE ME A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU'D LIKE IT TO LOOK LIKE.* - IF YOU'D LIKE AN IDEA OF A PERSONAL LAYOUT, LOOK AT MY JOURNAL, IT'S CHANGING ALL THE TIME: HTTP://WWW.LIVEJOURNAL.COM/USERS/EDIBLE_UNDIEZ_X ... I MAKE ALL OF MY LAYOUTS: so if I see you've taken ANY of them, I will hunt you down and beat you with a stick =)
BUTTONS FOR PROMOTIONAL USE: PLEASE TAKE ONE, THATS WHAT THEY'RE HERE FOR. (if you dont know how, ask me and I'll help you. but I very much appreciate the credit)