Application

Basics

1.Name:
Jacqui
2.Age: 16
3.Sex: female
4.Location: Victoria, BC

Music, the most important part!

5.Name all of your favourite bands. Go crazy! name 'em all!
Oh dear... ok. Lots of Japanese rock: Dir en grey, hide, X Japan, Miyavi, kana, LUNA SEA, L'arc~en~ciel, La:Sadies, Pierrot, and Malice Mizer. World/world influenced music: Sting, Peter Gabriel, Bob Marley, African Guitar Summit, Cheb Mami, Caetano Veloso, Nana Mouskouri, Talvin Singh, Orchestra Baobab, Jane Birkin, Youssou N'Dour, Salif Keita, Les Nubians Angelique Kidjo, King Sunnay Ade, Ali kbar Khan, Carla Bruni (yes, the Carla Bruni that dated Mick Jagger), reggae's first famint, the Marleys, and anything that's got a neat world sound to it... I don't know all the bands. Lots and lots of rock (of all genres): U2, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, David Bowie, The Clash, The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Police, Tom Waits, Joni Mitchell, The Who, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, the Dandy Warhols, Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats, the Buzzcocks, the Virgin Prunes, Echo and The Bunnymen, Kasabian, Athlete, Placebo, Elvis, Genesis, Bon Jovi, The Sex Pistols, Velvet Underground, Bright Eyes, Oasis, Tori Amos, and Hot Hot Heat. And I'm sure I left out tonnes.... Generally, I really just like anything you can dance/have a good time to.
6.Name at least 5 bands that you dislike and why.
Avril Lavigne - in my opinion, she's too packaged. And she can't perform live to save her soul
Good Charlotte - I just don't like their type of music.
Sum 41 - In a way, I do like them. But I don't like the music they're playing... and they're trying to be emo and it's not working.
Simple Plan - I don't find them to be talented. That's all.
Ashley Simpson - I just don't.
7.Name your favourite band and why. erg... It's a tie between U2, Dir en grey, and The Beatles. U2 because I just love them, Dir en grey because they're obscenely talented and they were my first Jrock band, and The Beatles because they're The Beatles. They paved the way for so many bands and musicians today
8.Name some concerts you've been to. Only some local stuff. But I'm going to Oasis in September, and I'm supposed to go to Bon Jovi when they tour again. And if it counts, my mom went to Blue Rodeo and the Stones (I think) when she was pregnant with me?
9.Name your favourite CD. London Calling by the Clash. There isn't a single second of any of the songs on it that I don't like. And I like the way they experimented with things like reggae and ska on it.
10.List your all time favourite movies. Velvet Goldmine! Priscilla, Queen of the Desert; Almost Famous; The Wall; Labyrinth; A Home At the End of The World; Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead; Princess Mononoke.

Miscellaneous Information

11.So tell us about yourself:
I'm a writer. I write on everything: napkins, tests, tables, etc. I want to be an author, and to make money I'm thinking of doing something like journalism or some sort of anthropology. Or, I may live out of a van and travel the world exploring cultures. I also love art, and draw, paint, mold, create new things all the time. I'm incredibly liberal, believe in equal rights for all, and an activist. I love people, and meeting people. I also love music (obviously), theatre, poetry, and literature.
12.Why would you be a good addition to this community? I love music, and as far as I'm concerned, if someone likes a certain song or band, good for them. They don't need to be ridiculed or told how much it sucks. I have my own opinions about music, but so does everybody else. The whole thing about music is that it's not supposed to be judgemental. I'm always open to hearing new things, and I like to introduce people to music as well.
13.What is the greatest thing/person/place ever? Thing? A blank piece of paper. There's so many possibilities.
Person? Nelson Mandela and Bob Geldof are my heros...
Place? I don't know. Wherever makes me happy.

14.Promote this community elsewhere and give a link: <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/dramatae/27179.html>Here</a> 15.Got a picture? Please post it here: No... but picture a 16-year-old with shoulder-length deep, bright (unnaturally) red hair, brown eyes, insanely pale skin, and an unhealthy obsession with bright colours, band shirts, glam rock, visual kei, fashion in general, and add in a raging hippy streak, and you've probably got me. </lj-cut>
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 6 comments