?

No account? Create an account

Music · Is · Better · With · Us

February 2nd, 2006

Recent Entries · Archive · Friends · Profile

Someone actually gave me posting power in this community. This should be fun.

Alright then, considering that it is a fine Thursday evening where I am and I have just finished an hour of repetitive Chinese listening (there is only so many times a body can listen to some woman say "Guo - Gou" before needing to listen to cheesy 80s pop before the tonal shifts go away), I figure that a music post might be fun. Since my musical tastes are spastic and about as refined as a toga party, just expect a lot of variety.

Grow Sound Tree, by OOIOO. The first time I listened to this song, the opening minute sliced through my brain. My eye twitched, my ears were ringing and from then on I was in love. Avant Garde music does not get enough love.

Ok, I've tortured myself enough here. It's now time to do something else.

EDIT: Damn it all to pieces, what the hell is a cda? Stupid old burn programs, making perfectly good mp3s these bizarre whatever the hells. Here are some replacements while I figure out how to rip those songs back on to my computer without making my computer crash. Again.

The Hounds of Love, by the Futureheads. So emo it has emo handclaps. Go and listen to the British accents and emo.

Foxes, by Celebration. I don't even know what to say about this. I don't even know if the band's name is actually Celebration or if it's supposed to be Celebration by the Foxes. It doesn't really matter.

Previous Day · Next Day