J
dejaxentendu
_ask_us_

• Mood:
  • Music:

yep...

General

Name:James
Your areas of interest:I'm studying to become a funeral director, thanatology, Photography(both and 35mm), Psychology, Chemistry,guitar, bass, piano, saxophone, writting cliche' poetry,

Film

Favorite movies (3+): The Royal Tennenbaums, Requiem For A Dream, Coffee And Cigarettes, Fight Club, Forrest Gump
Best directed movie: Requiem....this movie broke new ground visually
Best acting performance:Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump was pretty rad....Johnny Depp in fear & loathing was fucking fantab
Favorite actor/actress (3+):Edward Norton(he can play any role), Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow
Best soundtrack: The Royal Tennenbaums,The Crow, Forrest Gump
Best movie based on a book:This is a three way tie between fight club, requiem, and forrest
Little known fact pertaining to film: In Star Wars Luke Skywalker was supposed to be a girl at first

Music

Favorite bands (3+): Nirvana, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Coheed & Cambria, The Pixies, The Afghan Whigs. The Smashing Pumpkins
Best pop band/album: Saves The Day "Stay What You Are".....an 11 track gem of pop music(remember pop is not just justin timberlake and usher and jessica simpson), The Beatles "The White Album" & "Let It Be"
Best rap group/album: Wu Tang Clan "Enter The 36 Chambders", The Notorious BIG "Ready To Die", Eminem "The Marshall Mathers LP", Outkast- "Speaker Boxxx/The Love Below"
Best metal band/album: Slayer or Iron Maiden....I think metals pretty lame...
Best hard/grind/noise/mathcore band/album: Glassjaw "Everything You Wanted To Know About Silence", Poison The Well "Tear From The Red", Thursday "Full Collapse"
Best indie band/album: The Pixies "Surfer Rosa", Modest Mouse "This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Talk About...", Coheed & Cambria "The Second Stage Turbine Blade"
Best classic rock band/album: Bob Dylan "Blood On The Tracks", anything by Buddy Holly,
Little known fact pertaining to music:Radiohead play their music with a technique known as a crescendo effect, which is when you play a note and hold it untill a another note builds up around it...

Books

Favorite books (3+):Run With The Hunted(Bukowski), Requiem For A Dream(Selby), The Rum Diaries(Thompson)
Best non fiction author/book:Bukowski
Best fiction author/book: Selby
Best historical non fiction book: Requiem(brooklyn in the 70's)
Best sci-fi book:Hitchhikers Guide To The Glaxy (Adams)
Best instructional book: some books I have for school?
Little know fact pertaining to books: ummmm yeah right

Politics

Party you align yourself with most: The partys are so corrupt, blah , blah, blah,(just had to get that out of the way =) )...But I guess Im a Liberal
How do you feel about abortion: I feel that as a man, I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body..
Gay marriages: whatever...let them get married(love is love).....the whole gay marriage issue is just a distraction to get your mind off the war anyway......much like the war on drugs was with Nam
Rascism: lame...but it will always exist( did you notice that "Racism" was spelled wrong =P)
Our "war on terrorism": America loves a good war...don't they?? War on poverty, War on Drugs, War on terroism, whatever it's all the same war....thats what our country thrives off of...because it's all we know....our country was founded with a war.....read the lyrics to the national anthem if you need more proof
War in general: I myself think it's stupid....but it's human nature and much like racism, it will always exist.....

3 Pictures of yourself:

(older pic)
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 11 comments