12 Grimmauld Place
poisonoak
_ask_us_

• Mood:
  • Music:

I can't believe I'm doing this...

General

Name: Lily
Your areas of interest: reading, harry potter, indie music, omaha, zines, DIY culture, bike punk culture, squats, alternative non-governments (anarchy etc)

Film

Favorite movies (3+): boys don't cry, amelie, a beautiful thing, city of lost children, fight club, donnie darko, pi, requiem for a dream, tadpole, lost in translation, the corporation, almost famous (The bootleg cut)...i know I'm forgetting something big
Best directed movie: Jean Pierre-Jeunet (Amelie) or Darren Aronofsky (Pi)
Best acting performance: Sean Gullette (Pi) or Ellen Burstyn (Reqiem for a Dream)
Favorite actor/actress (3+): Audrey Tautou, Ellen Burstyn, Jake Gyllenhaal
Best soundtrack: OST: tie between Amelie (Yann Tierson) and Requiem for a Dream (Kronos Quartet/Clint Mansell) Regular Soundtrack: tie between Lost In Translation and Igby Goes Down
Best movie based on a book: tie between Matilda and Girl, Interrupted
Little known fact pertaining to film: did you know that Elizabeth and Donnie in Donnie Darko are real-life brother and sister?

Music

Favorite bands (3+): pink floyd, bright eyes, against me!, refused, the faint, cursive, badly drawn boy, darkest hour...too many to list really.
Best pop band/album: Savage Garden/ Savage Garden (Savage Garden)
Best rap group/album: Atmosphere/ Seven's Travels (Atmosphere)
Best metal band/album: Skinny Puppy or Darkest Hour/ Hidden Hands of a Sadist Nation (Darkest Hour)
Best hard/grind/noise/mathcore band/album: that's a big fucking category. narrow it down, mate.
Best indie band/album: bright eyes/ Wet From Birth (The Faint)
Best classic rock band/album: Pink Floyd/ Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Little known fact pertaining to music: Propaghandi was originally going to release a song on the punkvoter compilation but pulled out when they weren't allowed to insult the number one financial supporter of punkvoter.org in the liner notes (is that little known?)

Books

Favorite books (3+): Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling, Notes of a Dirty Old Man by C Bukowski, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the trilogy) by Douglas Adams, any young adult novel by Daniel Pinkwater
Best non fiction author/book: Charles Bukowski or William Burroughs
Best fiction author/book: Daniel Pinkwater
Best historical non fiction book: ohhh... People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn
Best sci-fi book: Alan Mendelsohn, The Boy from Mars by Daniel Pinkwater
Best instructional book: Stolen Sharpie revolution
Little know fact pertaining to books: the slytherin dorms are under the lake

Politics

Party you align yourself with most: none
How do you feel about abortion: pro-choice
Gay marriages: the institution of marriage is the mixing of love with politics, and should be abolished.
Rascism: bad. like most other "isms"
Our "war on terrorism": yet another "ism" - silliness - wars are only real fights that kill real people with real guns over fictitious ideals between fictitious nations
War in general: see above

3 Pictures of yourself:

(these are a good two months old because I lack a camera nowadays)

Look!

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 4 comments